Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 02:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Old GMAT Score....... Pls Help!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 15

Old GMAT Score....... Pls Help!!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 22:55
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Guys,
Long time...... Been out of touch with the forum for about 4 years now.... gave the GMAT in sep'07; scored a 740. Couldnt apply then since I was starting a company...... now that the ship is stable, I'm thinking MBA again.

Would love to hear all you guys' advice on whether I should re-take GMAT or Apply (since the score is valid anyways).

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Old GMAT Score....... Pls Help!!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 23:01
This post received
KUDOS
devansh_god wrote:
Hey Guys,
Long time...... Been out of touch with the forum for about 4 years now.... gave the GMAT in sep'07; scored a 740. Couldnt apply then since I was starting a company...... now that the ship is stable, I'm thinking MBA again.

Would love to hear all you guys' advice on whether I should re-take GMAT or Apply (since the score is valid anyways).

there is no question of retaking. This is an excellent score and given that it fits in well in the 5 year requirement, even if the requirement were that your score be valid when you enrol (Aug/Sep 2012), I wouldn't worry about taking the GMAT again. Concentrate on your apps now. Cheers!

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Re: Old GMAT Score....... Pls Help!!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 23:07
str1der wrote:
devansh_god wrote:
Hey Guys,

there is no question of retaking. This is an excellent score and given that it fits in well in the 5 year requirement, even if the requirement were that your score be valid when you enrol (Aug/Sep 2012), I wouldn't worry about taking the GMAT again. Concentrate on your apps now. Cheers!

Thnx for the prompt reply. But my concern was not the validity but the comfort level of adcom over an old score. I heard somewhere that many adcoms frown over scores older than 3 years. Cheers for alleviating some stress :) .

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Old GMAT Score....... Pls Help!!!! [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 06:11
This post received
KUDOS
devansh_god wrote:
str1der wrote:
devansh_god wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thnx for the prompt reply. But my concern was not the validity but the comfort level of adcom over an old score. I heard somewhere that many adcoms frown over scores older than 3 years. Cheers for alleviating some stress :) .

Nothing of that sort. If they really had issues around old scores, they would say that 'We' don't accept scores older than X years although GMAC may. If you can add a line somewhere in your essays that points to you thinking about an MBA earlier on but then did your entrepreneurial thing and now feel more ready after some self discovery, or something like that, your app reader will understand.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1556 [1] , given: 7

Premium Member
Re: Old GMAT Score....... Pls Help!!!! [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 15:12
This post received
KUDOS
Forget the gmat. apply.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Re: Old GMAT Score....... Pls Help!!!! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 16:16
Forget retaking. You're well within the 5 year range. Concentrate on your application. Good luck!

Aim for the sky! (800 in this case)
If you like my post, please give me Kudos :)

Re: Old GMAT Score....... Pls Help!!!!   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2011, 16:16