Thanks in advance for taking the time to review my profile. I have an interesting story and a semi-unique background to share. Would be glad to hear your insights.
* 32 year-old male, married with two wonderful children (ages 3 and 1)
* I was born and raised in the US but have been living abroad in lsrael for the last 12+ years (~40% of my life). I have dual-nationality (lsrael and USA), speak both languages fluently and possess rich-international exposure.
* 7+ years work experience as a Business Analyst in lsrael's hi-tech sector. Diverse experience as a strategy consultant, VC analyst and Product Analyst. I also travelled extensively to Europe as part of my work (1-2 times per month). Solid managerial experience and excellent recommendations to boot.
* Two years of military service in the lsraeli army, where my time was divided between quantitative statistical analysis and guarding West-Bank settlements.
* Strong community involvement/extracurricular: Founded a Non-Profit group that assists Israel Immigrants living overseas - more than 200 paid, active members this year alone. The Group holds many activities including hospital visits, food drives, lectures and prayer gatherings. Im also a regular volunteer at an urban environmental group that helps restore lsraeli towns and city centers. In the past, Ive been a Freelance-writer and have also assisted many startup Companies with Business-Plan strategy and composition.
* BA in English Literature from an Israeli University- GPA of ~3.3 (83 of 100 in lsraeli terms).
* GMAT 620 (Q: 44, V: 32, AWA: 5.5). This absolutely kills me. Ive taken it twice and will consider taking it a third time but I want to apply Rd 1 and have already completed the applications. I wont be eligible to take it again until the end of October. I feel like I need at least another 30 points, if not 50. Time is of the essence.
I'd like to continue working in Business Strategy since Im good at it and feel I can make a difference. After school, Id like to work in corproate development at a Fortune1000 and assist with internaional strategy policy with regards to partnerships and M&A's. In the Long-term, Id be privy to return to the world of Strategy Consulting given my prior experience and skillset.
I was wondering if I have any chance at these schools (preferably the top three) given my poor GMAT score. Is there any chance the ADCOM's would dismiss my poor verbal score since Im a native English speaker with a literature background, strong essays, etc? Especially since my Quant score is ok...
1. Wharton: (kiss that baby good-bye with my GMAT score
6. Emory (one-year program)
Am I reaching here? I keep telling myself that GMAT scores arent everything, especially if you have other differentiators that will catch the ADCOMS eye. Thats what they say, anyway. I keep wondering who that rule really applies to....
Many thanks in advance....