Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.09
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 04:43
slumdog1000000 wrote:
Jacobwang wrote:
I am in. R3 applicant. :)
Hope to see you guys at Danforth.

I am impressed by the quick turnaround time by the adcom! Good job by the school !
And congrats to you, Jacobwang ! :-D

Did you get any $$$ along with your admit? And how did you learn of your admit? Was it through an email or a call from Ms Jan Snow? You must be really happy now that you are going to a great program this fall.

Thank you. I am still waiting for the package and expecting some surprise. Finger crossed.
I get an email from Evan, the associate Dean.
Wish u all the best with your application.

what's the rush, if we are building something for eternity.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
WE: Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 15:39
Anyone going to admit weekend at the end of the month?
Need to check out Pappy's BBQ
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 18:26
Ill of course be there, if anyone wants to meet up and get the inside scoop on anything post admit weekend PM me.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 22:03
Alright, so who all has finalized on Olin till now?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 4

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 06:06
akkyy21 wrote:
Alright, so who all has finalized on Olin till now?

I just paid the $1,500 deposit :-D Another $1,000 due in a month's time.
Why is it so quiet in here? Many other b-schools discussion forums are buzzing with activities!

Olin may not be as highly ranked as other programs but it's nevertheless a respectable program. It definitely deserves more love than what it's getting! Hope to see more Olin admits in here!

@ akkyy21 - what about you? Have you decided? Come to St Louis!
Intern
Intern

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 06:24
Yes, I am in too.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 16:28
Just got an interview invite today. R4 international applicant.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.09
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 07:09
got Carlson offer with full tuition waive, tough desicion...
:(

what's the rush, if we are building something for eternity.

Intern
Intern

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 23:59
Jacobwang wrote:
got Carlson offer with full tuition waive, tough desicion...
:(

Congrats Jacobwang! What's your decision? Have you paid the 1.5k deposit to Olin? Admittedly, a full tuition waiver is hard to walk away from. Both Olin and Carlson are good programs. If you ask me, I'd say that Wash U probably has a stronger reputation overall as compared to Minnesota due to the strength of other Wash U schools. Of course, this is based on my own experience. Shall refrain from talking too much about other schools here, since this is an Olin discussion thread i.e. I should be plugging for Olin! :P

I'm glad to see a little bit more activity in this forum, though I am sure the no. of pages of discussion can never hit the phenomenal levels of other more popular b-school since the level of interest in Olin is not as high amongst GMATClubbers.

I'm aware that quite a number of admitted applicants have given up their spots, along with some scholarship $ for various reasons. For those of you who are genuinely keen to attend Olin, but have financing difficulties, I think it's a good time to write to the Adcom to explain your situation and see if you can get some scholarship $? Those scholarship $ have to be given to someone anyway, and it makes good sense for them to use those $ to attract admitted applicants who are keen but unable to attend. Just my 2 cts' worth.

On a sidenote, is anyone able to shed light on why Olin's MBA program is not as highly ranked as other programs?
I know ranking is a very superficial exercise but let's face it - most applicants do take into consideration the ranking of a program in making a decision on whether or not to apply and enroll in a program. My guess is that since Olin doesn't place as well in consulting/finance (which pays top dollars to attract talents), the average salary has been pulled down, leading to a fall in Olin's ranking. And for a small program like Olin's, the impact on avg salary of not having a large % of the students going into consulting/finance will be even more significant due to a smaller student base. Any other views?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 05:41
Got my Admission Interview on 27th of March, RD 4 International Applicant.
Intern
Intern

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 06:54
amirkabir wrote:

All the best ! :-D
Relax and you should get through.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 07:05
slumdog1000000 wrote:
amirkabir wrote:

Do you had your interview already? Any specific questions? Or just the standard interview questions?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 07:11
amirkabir wrote:
slumdog1000000 wrote:
amirkabir wrote:

Do you had your interview already? Any specific questions? Or just the standard interview questions?

I interviewed with Kevin, and all my questions were pretty standard. Why mba, short & long term goals. Why Olin. How do you deal with conflict in a team / give an example.

I have a lot of different responsibilities at work, so I was asked what a typical day might look like for me, and how do i juggle all of the responsibilities at once.

My interview was approx 40 minutes, there was so set length, with the understanding that it would take approx 30-45 minutes.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 07:16
Fair Enough, thanks a lot.

Mine is tomorrow via skpye :-), I am pretty confident so far.

Is it blind or did your interviewer know your file?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 07:21
amirkabir wrote:

Interviews are blind
Intern
Intern

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2012, 01:05
mucki139 wrote:

Hi Mucki139,
How about tour interview? did you get admision? I am going to apply R2 or R3 2013 but may GMAT score is not high.
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Operations
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2012, 11:45
Applying for R1 from Afghanistan. Have been working on my resume and statements all summer. Looking forward to a possible interview soon.
Current Student

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 11:02
Just had my interview with Kevin and from my perspective it went very well.

How long is standard to wait and hear something?
Intern
Intern

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 00:43
narmstro wrote:
Just had my interview with Kevin and from my perspective it went very well.

How long is standard to wait and hear something?

wow, I think just next few days you will recieve good news, my friend in VN applied for R1 too but have not received interview schedule yet. May you update your profile here? Best wishes for you. Btw I amgoing to apply R3 and Olin is my only dream. :oops:
Current Student

Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 06:21
Profile updated. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

The anticipation is killing me! Any day now...
Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2012, 06:21