Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 04:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

On test day

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
On test day [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 08:00
Hi!

As test day is closing in I want to clear some things up. I know there are two 8 minute breaks, say you are done with the quant section in under 75 min, do you then get a longer break? If not I assume you can stay on the last question until you nearly time out, just to sit and prepare notes for the verbal part?

Also is there a word count for the essay part?

Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 591 [1] , given: 114

Re: On test day [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 11:59
This post received
KUDOS
Well, there is some truth to what you're saying. The time in each section is yours to do with what you like. But as soon as you answer the last question and click submit your break starts, regardless if you had time left over. SO what I did at the testing center when I had 3 minutes left in quant. I reflected on the section, stretched a little, and then raised my hand after about 1 min 30 seconds. Once I got the attention of the test proctor, but she can't come in until I push "yes I'd like to take a break" after answering the last question. Then she came and got me. Make sure to raise your hand before pushing submit and taking the break if you have extra time. Those are precious seconds that you can use to refresh your eyes, mind, and get into the mindset for the next section. Those minutes can also be used if the test proctor is busy, not paying attention, or helping another student.

Also, after the 8 minute break you get a 60 second section that has the directions for the next section. Use the 60 seconds as you see fit, and then click next to move onto the 1st question. If you don't push next, the clock runs out and the time for the next section starts without the first question popping up. The first question does not come up until you push next.

Don't forgot to use all the time in each section to your advantage. If you finish quant 5 min early, and know you have the last question right, just sit there, relax, or do whatever you need to get ready for the next section. Don't click submit until you are ready and have the test proctors attention.

PS. I just found out that schools have access to your test day photo. Make sure to do whatever you need to do to look good (and of course feel comfortable) because that picture is accessable by the school. You want a 800 score, 6 AWA, and 10 photo, haha... BEST OF LUCK ON TEST DAY! You'll rock it

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: On test day   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2011, 11:59