Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

One month to finish Knewton course possible?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

One month to finish Knewton course possible? [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 20:12
I did my gmat today again and got the same score as I did last time. I'm thinking of taking the test again in a month and want to give Knewton a try...mainly because of their 50+ increase. The fine prints says I have to finish all the CAT tests and all homework questions. Is it possible to finish the course in 1 month? How many homework questions are there?

If someone could comment on # of hours it take to finish the course that would be great!
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Knewton GMAT Representative
Schools: B.A. Harvard
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: One month to finish Knewton course possible? [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 12:01
Hey chrisyip,

Both Knewton courses -- Complete Prep and Premium Live -- consist of 36 hours of instruction through video. While a month isn't long enough to follow a live class schedule (those run 6 to 8 weeks), we've definitely had students go through every course session by on-demand video in less than a month.

At the very minimum, we recommend studying about as much time outside of class as you spend in class -- so over a month that would be an additional 36 hours total. This will give you enough time to complete the homework assignments, practice questions, and assessments required to master the material (and to qualify for the Money-Back Guarantee). As I said, we do have many students that complete the course in less than a month. It all depends on how much time you're able to set aside for your studies.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any more questions!

Chris

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

View Knewton's latest discount for GMAT Club members.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck, Duke, Cambridge, Said
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Re: One month to finish Knewton course possible? [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 12:47
chrisyip wrote:
I did my gmat today again and got the same score as I did last time. I'm thinking of taking the test again in a month and want to give Knewton a try...mainly because of their 50+ increase. The fine prints says I have to finish all the CAT tests and all homework questions. Is it possible to finish the course in 1 month? How many homework questions are there?

If someone could comment on # of hours it take to finish the course that would be great!

well, it depends on how much time u r willing to devote .... anything is doable ....
They have two 3 hour classes (normally goes to 3.5 hours) in a week and the pre work and HW takes lot of time too ...
from my experience, i did the class in 2 months and apart from classes and hw, i did not have much time to do much else. Was able to take 1-2 CATS those 2 months.

feel free to PM me, if you have specific questions....
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck, Duke, Cambridge, Said
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Re: One month to finish Knewton course possible? [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 12:49
mn2010 wrote:
chrisyip wrote:

well, it depends on how much time u r willing to devote .... anything is doable ....
They have two 3 hour classes (normally goes to 3.5 hours) in a week and the pre work and HW takes lot of time too ...
from my experience, i did the class in 2 months and apart from classes and hw, i did not have much time to do much else. Was able to take 1-2 CATS those 2 months.

feel free to PM me, if you have specific questions....

ohh yeah and then there is extra HW for each class which is not required for the money back gaurantee but in some topics the challenging problems wud be in the extra HW only ....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: One month to finish Knewton course possible? [#permalink] New post 19 May 2011, 12:47
I do have a question regarding Knewton recommendation on when to take the official test after the course.

Do Knewton recommend taking it right at the end of the course or one or two weeks after the course? I am planning to retake my GMAT on Aug 20th, so I am seriously considering enrolling with Knewton if I can fit it into my schedule.
Knewton GMAT Representative
Schools: B.A. Harvard
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: One month to finish Knewton course possible? [#permalink] New post 19 May 2011, 13:16
Hi chakming888,

We usually recommend taking the test a week or two after completing all the lessons and work. That way you have some time to go back and review the areas you need the most work in (the Knewton course will point out your top concepts to focus on).

It's certainly doable to the take the GMAT close to your completion date, but you should make sure you give yourself time to absorb the concepts -- and give yourself a brief study break to get in the right zone for test day!

Hope that helps,

Chris

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

View Knewton's latest discount for GMAT Club members.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 20

Reviews Badge
Re: One month to finish Knewton course possible? [#permalink] New post 25 May 2012, 06:09
Thanks Chris, your views were helpful
Re: One month to finish Knewton course possible?   [#permalink] 25 May 2012, 06:09