Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 03:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

One month to go...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 13

One month to go... [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 06:43
I have one month to go in my 3 months of study. This post is a status update of what I have completed and what I still need to go through before the exam. Any advice is much appreciated. Also, I've attached my error log that I have been keeping to this post. I have been studying 2-3 hours a night on the week nights, and 6-8 hours on the weekend. I've had to take 2-3 days off in studying for personal matters.

This is my 2nd attempt at the GMAT. I scored a 460 on my first attempt and had a complete meltdown. My goal is to score a 650.

Also, the last few days have been tough. I am starting to hit a wall and feel that 3 months might have been too long of a time to study for.

Completed
All MGMAT books(saved advanced sections for the last part of my study)
OG Guide 13
GMAT Pill Videos(only watched videos based on weak areas)
2 Manhattan Practice Exams
Note cards- Questions that I completed wrong/conceptual topics
A few thursdays with Ron videos

Need to Complete
OG 13 Analysis of all incorrect questions
Finish advanced MGMAT topics
GMAT Prep practice exams(2)
GMATClub practice exams(2)
Finish/Review note cards
Review MGMAT Sentence Correction Guide Again
Review Critical Reasoning Bible Again

Practice Exams
Scored a 620 and a 690 on the first two practice exams from Manhattan. However, I believe these scores should be slightly lower. I had a few questions(3-4) that came up which I've seen before, therefore I feel like my scores are inflated a little bit. My plan is to take 2 more GMATPrep exams and 2 GMATClub Exams to get a good gauge of where I am at and what I need to really buckle down on before the exam.

Do you feel like this would be enough practice exams with 1 month left? Should I take them in a specific order(i.e. gmat prep 1 , gmat club 1, gmat prep 2, gmat club 2)

Areas of Weakness

Data Sufficiency is obviously my weakest area. As I've been going through the advanced topics from the MGMAT guides over the last 2 weeks I feel that these chapters have really helped me with certain type of DS problems such as number properties.

I've attached my error log to this post. I have completed all of the OG questions and 2 practice exams and the results are in the log. The analysis of the OG questions is not completed.

Is there any other materials that you recommend I should review with one month left? I feel like the amount of materials out there is endless and you can really get caught up with them and feeling overwhelmed/pressured to study or complete those materials.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Attachments

Error_Log.xlsx [125.61 KiB]
Downloaded 27 times

To download please login or register as a user

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 12

Re: One month to go... [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 09:46
Expert's post
Hi there,

Great work so far! It seems as though you have worked through a lot of material but should do more analysis and timed sections. A few things:

1. Get through your error log ASAP. The error log should be a dynamic document with questions getting resolved on a continuous basis.

2. Over the next few weeks take all of the verbal from the GMAT Paper Tests. Give your self 80 minutes for all three sections.

3. Do 5 GMATClub Quant sections and 5 MGMAT Quant sections. Make sure to leave plenty of time to analyze these exams and to re-do questions that you got wrong.

Along with this sprinkle in 2-3 full GMATPrep CATs. The week before your exam do the three GMAT Focus exams. I know that this may seem like a lot of timed practice but it's crunch time right now. Still, quality over quantity so you need to figure out what works for you and your schedule. Make sure to leave time to relax and to get some rest because your memory works better when you have regular sleep.

Happy Studies,

HG.

"It is a curious property of research activity that after the problem has been solved the solution seems obvious. This is true not only for those who have not previously been acquainted with the problem, but also for those who have worked over it for years." -Dr. Edwin Land

GMAT Sample Questions to assess your GMAT Quant.

If you found my post useful KUDOS are much appreciated.

IMPROVE YOUR READING COMPREHENSION with the ECONOMIST READING COMPREHENSION CHALLENGE:

Here is the first set along with some strategies for approaching this work: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-economist-reading-comprehension-challenge-151479.html

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 13

Re: One month to go... [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 15:53
Took my first GMATPrep exam tiday and got a 620, 42 quant (59th percentile), 34 verbal(69th percentile). Have not completed the analysis yet. I took screenshots of all of the questions I got wrong.
Expert Post
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 12

Re: One month to go... [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2013, 12:49
Expert's post
That's great. How did the analysis go? Have you taken any practice tests since this one?

Happy Studies,

HG.

"It is a curious property of research activity that after the problem has been solved the solution seems obvious. This is true not only for those who have not previously been acquainted with the problem, but also for those who have worked over it for years." -Dr. Edwin Land

GMAT Sample Questions to assess your GMAT Quant.

If you found my post useful KUDOS are much appreciated.

IMPROVE YOUR READING COMPREHENSION with the ECONOMIST READING COMPREHENSION CHALLENGE:

Here is the first set along with some strategies for approaching this work: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-economist-reading-comprehension-challenge-151479.html

Re: One month to go...   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2013, 12:49