Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

One week effort!!!!!!!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

One week effort!!!!!!!!!! [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2006, 15:50
Hello folks,
I took my GMAT today after a preparation of about a week and got a score of 630. As always got screwed in verbal. But considering the effort of only one week I am not complaining at all. I am planning to pursue part-time MBA in Connecticut, USA and this should be pretty enough score for me to enter into local colleges. I didn't went through any OG, Kaplan etc which is mentioned on this forum on a regular basis. I went through GMAT Prep material and was active over a last week in this forum and it helped me a lot. I really want to sent my thoughts of appreciation to all the forum members who participate on regular basis. I also want to thank all the people who is managing this forum. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

For my experience, I took GMAT today at one of the local centers in Connecticut. The locations looked pretty new and the staff was very friendly. I was suppose to start my exam at 2:00. But since I reached there almost around 1:00, they took me in. Got over with the formalities within like 15 min and got started with the real deal.
The content of the test is very similar to the GMAT Prep material and also the level of difficulaty is at par with GMAT Prep and various questions that are discussed on this forum. As I mentioned above, I have no experience of the OG or any other study material.
The scratch book provided is more than sufficient for this test. Each sheet is almost 11X 17 in size and I didn't find anything wrong with it. The test center also carried plently of them so there was no point of them running out of it.
The breaks....computer.....etc.....worked just fine for me. I used both the optional breaks and I would certainly recommend taking those breaks to everyone.
I have not been participating in this forum and so don't know anyone....but again want to thank everyone who is participating in this forum.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2006, 16:02
Great Score shahsac.... for a week that score rocks!! :-)
Good luck with your apps...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2006, 21:08
Shahsac , congratulations on your score.Best of luck with our apps. :gl
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2006, 07:58
another week and you might reach 730? 100 points in a week... what a dream :!:

nice job!!! good luck!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2006, 10:56
When I read such messages I feel so stupid... :crying Great that someone can manage for such a short prep. period :cool
  [#permalink] 13 Jul 2006, 10:56