Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 04:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

One year MBA vs two year MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

One year MBA vs two year MBA [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2005, 21:40
I am 27, Indian with 5+ years of consulting experience in Supply chain industry (GMAT: 720) .. I am inclined towards one year MBA programme, since that saves me a lot of money and time.. What are the pros/cons of doing one year vs two year MBA... What are good one year MBA schools where I should apply ?
I am aware of INSEAD, IMD .. Are there good one year MBA programs offered in US ? It will be great if anyone has a list of schools offering one year MBA programmes..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2005, 13:25
The main con to the one year program is for those trying to do a career change, since most don't allow for an internship. Naturally the pro is the cost savings.

Take a look at Kellogg, Cornell and Emory.

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2005, 02:32
Thanks Scott !

Actually to be precise, I want to spend least time away from my family (we will be shifting to bay area soon..) .. So, heres what my thought process looks like..

1. Look for a one year MBA programme .. that leaves with me INSEAD, IMD.. I dont have any background in courses like finance, statistics, accouting.. so, I am keeping out Kellogg, Johnson (I assume they look for a solid background in above subjects..) .. Now, with a degree from europe, what are my chances of getting a job in US ? Are there significant US companies recruiting (and sponsoring H-1 as well) out there in INSEAD, IMD ..

2. Look for good schools in/around Bay Area.. That leaves me with Haas school Berkeley and Stanford.. Assuming I want to major in supply chain, ops, logistics industry, how good are these schools in this area .. Do you have any recommendations to which schools should I apply given my interest area (without considering my constraints) ?

Thanks for your time..
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 50

[#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Expert's post
Getting a job in the U.S. with a European degree can be a lot harder. Companies in the U.S. still respect the degree, but cery few of them actually recruit at European schools, which means you will be on your own in terms of finding a job. I don't necessarily recommend getting a European MBA if you definitely want to get a U.S. job right out of school, but it can be done. It's just harder.

Stanford and Haas both make sense for you. For supply chain, also consider Broad (Michigan State) or Tepper (Carnegie Mellon).

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews