Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 22:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

online MBA or Masters of Arts in Management

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

online MBA or Masters of Arts in Management [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 16:22
I'm an active duty military officer who will be moving a few times in the upcoming year and online classes are my only option. I am currently enrolled in the Georgia College & State University WebMBA scheduled to start in August. This program is AACSB accredited. I also have the option to begin a Masters of Arts in Management with a focus on Strategic Consulting through American Military University in July. I am considering doing the MAM and waiting until I get out of the miltary in 2 years and attending a brick and mortar MBA. I would eventually like to get into management consulting. Does this seem like a viable route? I would like to get a decent job when I get out and hopefully have them pay for my MBA.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 08-30-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: online MBA or Masters of Arts in Management [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 18:55
jphamilt wrote:
I'm an active duty military officer who will be moving a few times in the upcoming year and online classes are my only option. I am currently enrolled in the Georgia College & State University WebMBA scheduled to start in August. This program is AACSB accredited. I also have the option to begin a Masters of Arts in Management with a focus on Strategic Consulting through American Military University in July. I am considering doing the MAM and waiting until I get out of the miltary in 2 years and attending a brick and mortar MBA. I would eventually like to get into management consulting. Does this seem like a viable route? I would like to get a decent job when I get out and hopefully have them pay for my MBA.

If you are looking for a "sponsorship" (I guess you would call it), you could always wait till you work for a firm who is offering to pay. If you choose to do it now however, I am told that online MBA's are not stated on the actual degree. Obviously, this may be a different scenario depending on the school. You might just want to call the school and double check with them. However, as far as I understand, their is no distinction to future employers although, they will probably figure it out given that you were in the military during the period in which you were attending classes. Although, I really dont think its a big deal.

Anyways, thank you for your service! Keep us updated!

Cheers.
Re: online MBA or Masters of Arts in Management   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2012, 18:55