Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 18:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Only 1 month left to improve quant - Gmat Club Tests???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Only 1 month left to improve quant - Gmat Club Tests??? [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 14:15
Hi All,

Well I'm only a month out from my test date and I'm still nowhere near where I need to be with my quant score. I've gone through the MGMAT guides already but am still stuck in the low 40's for quant. I just started picking up on the gmat club tests and am considering giving it a shot.

My only question is, do you think this is the best use of my remaining time? Despite my low score, I feel like I need to try something besides MGMAT and OG. Do you think someone in my situation could still benefit from the gmat club tests (also factoring in that I have a slim margin of error as far as switching study strategies only to have to backtrack to my original review materials)?

I haven't pushed it yet but my finger is now firmly rested on the panic button. Any advise would be great!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Only 1 month left to improve quant - Gmat Club Tests??? [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 02:00
Hi

If you are scoring between 40-42 then i do not think that you should go for the GMAT CLUB TESTS , which are designed for those that are getting 45-47 and are aiming for a 50 in quant. If you want to boost your score by 3-5 points then you should consider more on the 650 levels which you are most likely getting wrong. I would suggest going over the PS and DS section on this forum, and use the filters to sort out the 650-700 level questions to get the most practice (literally hundreds on this forum). Attempting questions that are designed to simulate the degree of difficulty that someone scoring 90+% in quant is likely to encounter is not going to be very beneficial for you. You may become very good at them after practice and review but you are less likely to come across that level of difficulty unless you breeze through the easy - middle difficulty questions first, Therefore try to get those right and move closer to 45-47 before going for gmatclub and pushing towards 50.

I am at a similar position. In diagnostics i am getting between 40-45 and need to push to 47+.

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Re: Only 1 month left to improve quant - Gmat Club Tests???   [#permalink] 09 Nov 2012, 02:00