Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Operation GMAT **(unclassified)**

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Navy
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Underwriter (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 07:26
So I'm going back to the drawing board and going to go through the Foundations of GMAT Math book by MGMAT. I took an initial MGMAT CAT and got a horrific 460(Q27, V28). I took it here at work, so I rushed through the verbal section, or I was doing problems while someone was talking to me about an issue in the department. I really need to focus on quant, as I am certain that I will do fairly well on the verbal. I'm going to do the drill sets at the end of the 1st Chapter of the Foundations of GMAT Math guide this afternoon, and some more reading after I get home. Just a little update for those who are watching.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACFE Member, CalCPA Member
Schools: Duke - Fuqua
WE 1: CPA & CFE with 7 years of experience
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 08:29
Womiwom wrote:
So I'm going back to the drawing board and going to go through the Foundations of GMAT Math book by MGMAT. I took an initial MGMAT CAT and got a horrific 460(Q27, V28). I took it here at work, so I rushed through the verbal section, or I was doing problems while someone was talking to me about an issue in the department. I really need to focus on quant, as I am certain that I will do fairly well on the verbal. I'm going to do the drill sets at the end of the 1st Chapter of the Foundations of GMAT Math guide this afternoon, and some more reading after I get home. Just a little update for those who are watching.

I understand your frustration. I would suggest retaking a CAT without distractions, maybe at home. I had a similar thing happen in one of my early prep tests and my score suffered big time. At this point in the game, you can't let your confidence get shaken by this sort of thing (I know, easier for me to say at this point but I remember!). You know that you know some of this stuff. Just take a breath, think positive thoughts (just think back on some crappy concepts you've now mastered that you used to scratch your head at), and retake a CAT. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 16:16
Womiwom wrote:

Sounds like we're in a similar position, I just did the MGMAT CAT1 as well, thought it was very difficult!
Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 16:31
What was your score?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 16:36
Womiwom wrote:
What was your score?

580, Q40, V31

Was dissapointed with Q given I'd been through all the MGMAT quant books. Found it really hard, ran out of time, had to guess last 5 questions.
Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 18:30
You're almost there! I mean, your first CAT and you get a 580. I'm sure you can crack 700 if you focus on your weak areas. Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 07:28
Womiwom wrote:
You're almost there! I mean, your first CAT and you get a 580. I'm sure you can crack 700 if you focus on your weak areas. Good luck!

thanks! I don't think your in terrible shape if I'm not. My quant score was only slightly higher than yours, and I've been through all the mgmat books. You've only done number properties, I'm sure once u do the rest you'll start flying. That's why I think we are at a similar stage! Good luck!

Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2011, 11:34
I've heard the phrase that "sometimes, life gets in the way." I must say that this accurately describes what has been going on in my life since the New Year. Even though I haven't taken my GMAT yet, George Washington waived the GMAT for me due to my work experience/GPA, so I've applied there and am awaiting a decision. The thing is, that I still need to take the GMAT for 1) as a matter of principle, and 2) I need to submit my scores to the Navy for commissioning purposes. So I started back with Number Properties and finished up to the Advanced section. Some of the corresponding questions in the OG are still a little tough. Is that normal? I know that my math needs work, but I thought that these books were supposed to rectify that problem. I'm going to go through some of the areas of the book that I had trouble with tonight and start on the FDP book tomorrow.

On a side note: congrats to all of those who have taken the test recently who got a score they desired.
Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 04:32
Hey everybody,

As you can see from my profile, I've been accepted to GWU. They waived the GMAT because of my work experience and GPA, but I still need to take the GMAT for the Navy. I only need a 520, but would like to get something higher than that. This week, I'll be working on the 3rd quant book in the MGMAT Series. Just giving you guys an update.
Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2011, 18:55
So I took the MGMAT CAT#3 today at work with the quant section untimed. I finished with a 590(Q38V34). I know that its not a great score, but I feel pretty good because I'm only halfway through the 3rd MGMAT book. I haven't studied any verbal to date, but I have seen my verbal scores drop. I also think that the MGMAT CR questions are a little sketchy. I need to score a 520 for the Navy to pay me to go to school full-time, otherwise, I'll be working while taking classes. For some reason, I'm still having tremendous difficulty with the quant section. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone is in the DC area that has taken/preparing for the GMAT and is good in math and willing to take on an extremely inexperienced GMAT math Padawan, let me know. Thanks guys and girls!
Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2011, 20:41
I've got to get better at the quant portion of this test. After what seems like forever, I still haven't crossed Q40 in the MGMAT tests. I've taken all of them and am about to reset the tests.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2011, 07:36
Keep working!!! You have been improving a lot in Quant.

I wish I can do the same on my Verbal!

Gmat Prep: 540(45Q,20V) 5/25/2011
Knewton Diag 490(38Q,22V) 5/28/2011
Knewton 2: 520(32Q;30V) 6/16/2011

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 3

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2011, 12:56
This post received
KUDOS
So I've got my test scheduled for Friday morning at 8am. I've been going through my error log and am going to take the GMAT Prep test tonight. Tomorrow, I'll review the AWA guide that I've heard about on this forum and look at a few problems from the OG. Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2011, 04:19
Good luck!! :-D
Manager
Manager

Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)** [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 04:50
So I took the GMAT on the 22nd of July and received a 600 Q41/V32. I've already been accepted into George Washington's Online Healthcare MBA Program, but have been considering applying to their full-time program as well. Since I'm in the Washington, D.C. area, I'm thinking of applying to UMD and Georgetown. In order for me to better my chances at these schools, I need to re-take the GMAT.

I studied for the quant portion of the test so much that my verbal score went down by around 8-9 points. I'm going to try to bring my Q score up as I realize that I never quite grasped DS questions. During the test, I didn't seem to have a problem with the PS questions, but I felt like I was guessing on each DS question. There was also a lot of Geometry (the only Q book from MGMAT that I didn't read). I'm going to give myself about 1-2 months to prepare and then I'll take it again. After seeing what the real test was like, I feel that I can drastically improve on both areas.
Re: Operation GMAT **(unclassified)**   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2011, 04:50