Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
- My WE is interesting (geographically and in function, as I had the chance to open up an office for my company in a foreign country and I have been promoted to a managing position way before average).
- My GMAT is OK for the schools (close to their average).
- I had interesting and well described leadership stories going back to when I was 20 years old and started an out of town office branch for the family business.
- I have been evaluated in the top10% by my employer for the last 4 years in a row.
- I have solid extras, from playing music to raise funds to helping someone set up his micro business through giving lectures at a couple of different universities and adventure biking in Africa.
- My GPA was not that great, although I did work part time through parts of undergrad (teacher assistance, family business, internships, etc.).
- My Why MBA / why school part of the apps. was well researched and made sense.
I don't buy too much into the whole 770/4.0/6 yrs WE/solid extras profiles. I don't think they provide any clue to admit chances (unless we are considering "GMATwhore schools" for which the 770 alone can mean an almost automatic admit).
lepium... interesting profile indeed and congrats on your superb admits ! could you share us your knowledge on the options one has in the operations field after completing an MBA ? how much does it vary based on the the background of the person (i.e non operations bkgnd like engineering, finance etc) ? what are the typical roles that people can take up in operations after an MBA ?
http://blog.davidbbaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/12249800_10153820891439090_8007573611012789132_n.jpg When you think about an MBA program, usually the last thing you think of is professional collegiate sport. (Yes American’s I’m going...