Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 01:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Operations consulting in Energy industry

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Operations consulting in Energy industry [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 03:35
Hi,
Can u suggest the top schools which would help me acheive my career goal of Operations consulting in energy industry. Plan B would be General Management in Energy industry

I have shortlisted the following schools
PlanA schools:
CMU Tepper (R2)
Purdue Krannert(R1)
Rice Jones(R1)
Fisher(R2) not yet decided
Plan B Schools
Yale Som(R2)
Tuck(EA)
NUS(R1)
ISB(R2)
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 49

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 195

Re: Operations consulting in Energy industry [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 09:17
Expert's post
I'd be happy to help, but I could use more information - even just basic profile stuff like college, GPA, GMAT, WE. I'm curious why you have the more elite schools inverted on your list? Is that because of your profile?

If you have the chops, I would recommend adding Haas for sure. Also MIT and Texas. Hard to say though, without knowing how you stack up.

Feel free to post more information.

Respectfully,

Paul Lanzillotti

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Operations consulting in Energy industry [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 09:57
Hi,
I have 680/4.5 in gmat(first attempt)

Academicss:
Bachelor of engineering from India. 8.36 upon 10(first class)

Work ex:
I started with hewlett packard India, and was a software developer there. I was with HP for 1.5 years. I have won cash awards for being best team worker. (no proof of it :-( i have spent the money...!)
Then I quit HP to join an oil marketing company public sector company in India. Its a fortune 500 company. I joined here because i my goal was to work in energy industry. My job responsibility was operations planning. Like scheduling oil tankers, coordinating with refineries and marketing divisions in order make a flawless schedule.
So total work ex by next August would be 50 months.

Extra Curriculars:
During college i have held the secretary position of my department and also of dramatics club. i was awarded the BEST OUTGOING STUDENT award for the overall contribuition towards EC, Academics and social activities.
I was organizing secretary for a inter school cultural fest organized by my college. There were around 1000 participants and a team of 250 students organizing it.

Community activities:
I was active participant and general secretary of my college National Service scheme. Through this we have adopted a village for Technology based social service.
At my present work location i do social service through company CSR and also personally.

Weakness in my app:
No international work ex.
no significant career advancements to show like promotions. This is because i quit my 1st company when i was about to get a promotion. My second company waits for atleast 3years to promote anyone.
Not a great GMAT score.

Goals.
Plan A:Operations consulting for energy industry
Plan B:general management with energy industry

Plan A Schools
CMU Tepper (R2)
Purdue Krannert(R1)
Rice Jones(R1)
Fisher(R2) not yet decided

Plan B Schools
Yale Som(R2)
Tuck(EA)
NUS(R1)
ISB(R2)

help me Paul. Looking forward to ur valuble suggestion of schools.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 49

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 195

Re: Operations consulting in Energy industry [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 10:06
Expert's post
Your profile seems to check out fine. I stick with my recommendation of Haas for sure. Sloan and INSEAD are other elite schools that warrant a long look.

Texas and Rice are great choices.

If I had to pick two for you it would be Haas and Texas, neither of which are currently on your list.

Respectfully,

Paul Lanzillotti

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton