Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 08:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Opinion on my case

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Opinion on my case [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2012, 07:55
Hi All,

I gave GMAT middle of may and got 580. I sent score to UC Davis in GMAT. Now I have been approached by the admissions committee to apply to UC Davis and there will be brief interview over the phone.

I want your opinions on my realistic chances here in this last round.

Not sure why I would be approached by committee this late.

Please share your opinions.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 605 [0], given: 114

Re: Opinion on my case [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2012, 12:45
With the bottom 10% of GMAT scores at UC Davis of 660, I would say that your 580 puts you pretty far outside what a typical applicant would look like. Not to say that it would be impossible to be accepted, since the GMAT is only one part of the application. Without knowing the rest of your profile it would be impossible to say you chances. All that being said, to give you a better answer to your questions, how were you "approached" by the admissions team? Did you just receive a marketing email? Or contacted directly by an admissions team member? The reason I ask, is many schools just market to individuals that send them scores, because they know that you are considering their school. Now if you havn't applied yet, they may be trying to push up applicants b/c they are short of what they expected this year, so they sent out an email blast. This doesn't mean that your chances of getting in are better b/c they like you or something, but it does mean that they havn't filled the class yet. If the rest of your application is strong, I might conside applying. If not, I might wait until the next years application season, retake the GMAT, or work very hard to improve other aspects of your profile. The next year of applications is just around the corner!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Opinion on my case   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2012, 12:45