Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Opinions on Manchester MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 11

Opinions on Manchester MBA [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 09:41
Considering its ranked 30th on FT and relatively high on a few other rankings, I am surprised at how little talk there is about Manchester on this forum. I know rankings can be misleading, but still its pretty surprising..

I was pretty impressed with their curriculum and program structure ( read as the 4 different projects with one being international.. the unique 18 month program etc )and so decided to apply. I now have an admit from Manchester and am waiting to give my interview at Cambridge. I am really hoping to convert the Cambridge call but was just wondering if there is anyone here who can shed some light on the Manchester MBA. I still doubt I will have to think a lot if my choice is between Manchester and Cambridge, but no harm in doing the research.. So if there are alumni or current students of Manchester here please give me your opinions...
Manager
Manager
Schools: IE Business School, Manchester Business School, HEC Paris, Rotterdam School of Management, Babson College
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Opinions on Manchester MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2012, 00:26
Any takers on the Manchester MBA program ? I recently saw the curriculum and was definitely impressed. The consultancy projects were truly very impressive.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Opinions on Manchester MBA [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2012, 13:19
Hi,

I've just started a full time MBA at Manchester. As per your comments there is a definite hands on focus with the consultancy projects which is very exciting (although the challenge is very much ensuring your team doesn't get bogged down in hours of back and forth discussions when they could be getting on with research).

If you want to follow my blog at http://www.mbamanchester.com it will hopefully give you some further insights into the school as I progress through the year.
Re: Opinions on Manchester MBA   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2012, 13:19