Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 22:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Opinions on the NBC show Outsourced?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 88 [1] , given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Opinions on the NBC show Outsourced? [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 15:59
This post received
KUDOS
Although I think this show is super funny, I don't think it's going to stay on for another season. I don't think the mass (i.e., white) population would find this type of humor funny. I kind of picture this show as a Russell Peters. He's an Canadian Indian comedian, and I find his jokes great, but when I ask my caucasian friends, they completely dismiss his jokes. I guess only Asian folks find him (and the show) funny because we can all relate one way or another.

kudos if you like me (or my post) :P

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Opinions on the NBC show Outsourced? [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 07:05
adalfu wrote:
Although I think this show is super funny, I don't think it's going to stay on for another season. I don't think the mass (i.e., white) population would find this type of humor funny. I kind of picture this show as a Russell Peters. He's an Canadian Indian comedian, and I find his jokes great, but when I ask my caucasian friends, they completely dismiss his jokes. I guess only Asian folks find him (and the show) funny because we can all relate one way or another.

who knows? well the good news is it has been picked up for full season so it did reasonably well considering some shows got canned the first couple of episodes with a lot more hype. I do think white folks like me will like it - it is funny and they incorporate US culture and lessons well to not make it all indian jokes. Also each episode seems to focus on 1-2 indian culture like last week about arranged marriage and this week about what's considered appropriate in india vs us...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Opinions on the NBC show Outsourced? [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2010, 14:36
I hope it stays on because this show (along with Modern Family and The Event) is one of my current favorites.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Opinions on the NBC show Outsourced? [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2010, 16:03
adalfu wrote:
I hope it stays on because this show (along with Modern Family and The Event) is one of my current favorites.

the last episode was funny. I actually thought the assistant manager was the one complaining !

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Opinions on the NBC show Outsourced? [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 09:11
very good writing about experience of an expat in India: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/fe ... 5934717682
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Opinions on the NBC show Outsourced? [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 10:06
shaselai wrote:
adalfu wrote:

the last episode was funny. I actually thought the assistant manager was the one complaining !

Haha... seriously. That assistant manager is getting very annoying as well! I love how he keeps packing up the manager's things for him.

Re: Opinions on the NBC show Outsourced?   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2010, 10:06