Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Optional Essays !!!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 1001
Location: New York
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Optional Essays !!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2006, 16:25
Admits - How many of you have written the Optional Essay!! ..


4. (Optional) Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your application? If you feel the application already represents you well, do not feel obligated to answer this essay question.


Does a low GPA(2.5) in one-term warrants an Optional Essay when my over all GPA was with-in the school range..( 3.5 )

ANy ideas!!
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2005
Posts: 1023
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Optional Essays !!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2006, 18:53
I would suggest that you let someone read your response (whatever aspect of your candidacy that you want to convey) without the question. Then ask the person what question does (s)he feel that you are trying to answer. Voila! you have your question.

Ozmba2006 wrote:
Admits - How many of you have written the Optional Essay!! ..


4. (Optional) Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your application? If you feel the application already represents you well, do not feel obligated to answer this essay question.


Does a low GPA(2.5) in one-term warrants an Optional Essay when my over all GPA was with-in the school range..( 3.5 )

ANy ideas!!
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 1001
Location: New York
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2006, 18:55
:P :P :P :P

Last edited by Ozmba on 31 Dec 2006, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2005
Posts: 1023
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Optional Essays !!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2006, 18:59
Sorry..this was my response to the YALE question in another thread. I used the optional essay for UCLA since their question was more welcoming. I made a short argument as to how my past experiences and social skills will enhance the Anderson experience for other students.


lhotseface wrote:
I would suggest that you let someone read your response (whatever aspect of your candidacy that you want to convey) without the question. Then ask the person what question does (s)he feel that you are trying to answer. Voila! you have your question.

Ozmba2006 wrote:
Admits - How many of you have written the Optional Essay!! ..


4. (Optional) Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your application? If you feel the application already represents you well, do not feel obligated to answer this essay question.


Does a low GPA(2.5) in one-term warrants an Optional Essay when my over all GPA was with-in the school range..( 3.5 )

ANy ideas!!
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 1001
Location: New York
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2006, 19:06
Quote:
my past experiences and social skills will enhance the Anderson experience for other students.


Hmmmmmmmmm......Good one.....It never occured to me, wow...I can add similar kinda Essay......

Unlike other schools which insist on using Optional for clarifying Red flags..this is encouraging....can add one more dimension to my profile....


cheers
  [#permalink] 31 Dec 2006, 19:06
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts The Optional Essay skaballet 13 17 Oct 2007, 09:29
New posts Optional Essays raptr 3 15 Nov 2007, 22:01
Popular new posts Optional essay? dosa_don 10 05 Dec 2007, 17:21
New posts Optional essay gmat2gmat 1 24 Dec 2007, 09:53
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic The optional essay olive 1 01 Sep 2008, 17:11
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Optional Essays !!!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.