Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 05:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 26

OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 06:31
Guys has anyone here taken Kaplan mock and real gmat exam as well?

In my last 3 kaplan mocks my Quant score has been Q40, 43 and 40. I want to know is their quant section/score similar to real gmat?? OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 133 [1] , given: 0

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 20:14
This post received
KUDOS
In my experience working with students, the test scores from non-Official GMAT tests are all over the place and not reliable. I would recommend you to take the GMATPrep Official Practice Tests available for free from mba.com, and if you have already taken these two tests then I highly recommend GMATPrep Exam Pack 1(also from mba.com) released in September that comes with two additional tests. These are the closest to taking the real exam and will give you the most accurate prediction.

Dabral

Comprehensive GMAT Quantitative Course: GMATQuantum

Free Video Explanations: OFFICIAL GUIDE GMAT 13, 12, 11, 10; QUANT REVIEW 2nd, 1st.

Manager
Manager

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 20:44
dabral wrote:
In my experience working with students, the test scores from non-Official GMAT tests are all over the place and not reliable. I would recommend you to take the GMATPrep Official Practice Tests available for free from mba.com, and if you have already taken these two tests then I highly recommend GMATPrep Exam Pack 1(also from mba.com) released in September that comes with two additional tests. These are the closest to taking the real exam and will give you the most accurate prediction.

Dabral

Hi

Thanks, i agree that gmat prep is the best reflector...But i have saved gmat prep for the later stage of my prep.I asked this question because if my true score ranges from 40-43 then i need to work a bit not much because i have to spend a huge amount of time on verbal which need a lot of improvement V19 to V35 atleast.

regarding quant i want to start gmat club tests, just for learning...

Any idea which one to opt for old gc test or new adaptive test? OLD has 25 tests and new has 16.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 133 [1] , given: 0

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 21:22
This post received
KUDOS
I agree that your overall score would benefit significantly if you focus on the Verbal part of the GMAT. I would still urge you to take one of the GMATPrep tests now, first there is a total of four tests and that is a decent number. Another reason for taking an official test early on is to gain the experience of what the actual GMAT would be like, this will also help you shape your preparation and prepare you mentally for how to deal with the computer adaptive nature of the test. Yes, there are tons of unofficial CATs available from test prep outfits but they do not reflect the real GMAT exam and are often far more convoluted than the actual GMAT test.

Free Video Explanations: OFFICIAL GUIDE GMAT 13, 12, 11, 10; QUANT REVIEW 2nd, 1st.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 12

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:35
dabral wrote:
I agree that your overall score would benefit significantly if you focus on the Verbal part of the GMAT. I would still urge you to take one of the GMATPrep tests now, first there is a total of four tests and that is a decent number. Another reason for taking an official test early on is to gain the experience of what the actual GMAT would be like, this will also help you shape your preparation and prepare you mentally for how to deal with the computer adaptive nature of the test. Yes, there are tons of unofficial CATs available from test prep outfits but they do not reflect the real GMAT exam and are often far more convoluted than the actual GMAT test.

i took a vertitas free test today because a lot of manhattan questions started getting repetitive and got a 650,(20 points higher than my average score on manhattan) i know it isn't the best resource out there but is the level of veritas indicative or would there be a big gap between the 650 of veritas and my actual gmat level?

I bought the new exam pack from GMAC but it freezes after a few questions and then when i resume it, it shows me that i haven't even started the exam
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 0

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 21:56
@RahulAA

I have seen wide variations in the CAT scores for a given student who is taking several tests from the same test prep outfit, basically the standard deviation of such tests is too large compared to official GMAT tests. I think you can use the tests from the same test prep outfit to see if you are improving on a relative scale, but making conclusions about absolute score levels is difficult.

As for the Exam Pack 1, GMAC fixed the software with the latest release. Do you have the GMATPrep 2.2.317 version? If not please update the software, that should fix the problem.

Dabral

Manager
Manager

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 18:09
dabral wrote:

Do you suggest taking gc club tests too? i really need to improve 4 to 5 points in quant to score Q47. I tried GC club free quant test and it was more of a bouncer to me first 10 question only 1 correct(Untimed mode), i got so depressed by it that i closed it..

Have 3 weeks for gmat now, i can try those test to learn more about fundamentals and applications.
Manager
Manager

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 18:10
RahulAA wrote:
dabral wrote:

i took a vertitas free test today because a lot of manhattan questions started getting repetitive and got a 650,(20 points higher than my average score on manhattan) i know it isn't the best resource out there but is the level of veritas indicative or would there be a big gap between the 650 of veritas and my actual gmat level?

I bought the new exam pack from GMAC but it freezes after a few questions and then when i resume it, it shows me that i haven't even started the exam

Manhattan score are not at all accurate these days, after gmat prep i think veritas scores are closer.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 0

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this... [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2013, 10:33
@PlanetEarth

I would recommend you to stick to the official GMAT problems. The reason is simple, because GMAT test writers are very consistent in how and what they test, it is best to get exposure to their style and format using actual GMAT questions. This will also train you in dealing with new situations on the actual GMAT. I would recommend focusing on GMATPrep Question Pack 1 and the recently released Exam Pack 1.

Best wishes,
Dabral

PlanetEarth wrote:
Do you suggest taking gc club tests too? i really need to improve 4 to 5 points in quant to score Q47. I tried GC club free quant test and it was more of a bouncer to me first 10 question only 1 correct(Untimed mode), i got so depressed by it that i closed it..

Have 3 weeks for gmat now, i can try those test to learn more about fundamentals and applications.

Re: OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this...   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2013, 10:33

OR Real gmat gonna be more difficult than this...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap