Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Outlook in B School

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2008, 06:13
I'm just curious if B schools use outlook for their email servers and scheduling meetings, etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2008, 13:27
We use it
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [1] , given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2008, 14:44
This post received
KUDOS
Don't know about other schools, but we don't at Stern. I think this is common, as the main thing people are looking for is a client that is web accessible by any machine a student chooses to buy, and then you can POP feed it into outlook if that floats your boat.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 19:42
we're trying to get ourselves together with some common platform. we have meeting maker, which is supposed to sync with every device known to man, but fewer than half of students use it.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2008, 13:40
JamieK wrote:
I'm just curious if B schools use outlook for their email servers and scheduling meetings, etc.

we use it at Columbia. It seems to me that most of the B-schools are using outlook for their email servers..I wonder why because I do not find it particularly efficient or user-friendly.....
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 08:04
Its a bit of a combination at the GSB. You can book study rooms through an online system, but everyone schedules meetings through outlook.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 08:13
Good... I'm so dependent on outlook for scheduling, which is clearly a difficulty in B schools with so many different opportunities, classes, etc.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 12:22
JamieK wrote:
Good... I'm so dependent on outlook for scheduling, which is clearly a difficulty in B schools with so many different opportunities, classes, etc.

It sure is. The sad thing is that I clear some things out after I do them and it still looks like this

Attachments

argh.jpg
argh.jpg [ 81.34 KiB | Viewed 780 times ]

Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 12:55
That looks like my work calendar. Fun.
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 13:05
bherronp wrote:

Mine too! Except i skip half the meetings i`m invited too.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 13:10
bherronp wrote:

Here's a week from last quarter in the middle of the recruiting cycle. Everything in red means that it was some form of meeting with someone from some company. It got kinda ridiculous for a few weeks there in the middle... The really big chunks of time are typically off-site events where I had to schedule time to get to it (say like, a visit to their office, a dinner, drinks, etc).

Attachments

argh2.jpg
argh2.jpg [ 88.38 KiB | Viewed 745 times ]

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 14:21
Keep in mind that if your great aunt posted an internship for cleaning her summer home, rhyme applied. and had martinis with your aunt as part of his schmoozing.
Director
Director
Schools: Harvard '11
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 14:36
aaudetat wrote:
Keep in mind that if your great aunt posted an internship for cleaning her summer home, rhyme applied. and had martinis with your aunt as part of his schmoozing.

aau, are you trying to tell us about the other side of strategic consulting? I see a future VH1 show happening: "Behind the Music: Management Consulting" :wink:
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 1512 [1] , given: 7

Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 16:15
This post received
KUDOS
msday86 wrote:
I see a future VH1 show happening: "Behind the Music: Management Consulting" :wink:

"It went well until 1988, when the cocaine just stopped flowing. Tired, strung out, and incapable of coping anymore with more powerpoint decks, Aaudetat stopped by Studio 54, hung up her hippie coat in the back and left McKinsey that night. The industry was abuzz -- where had she gone? One analyst commented it reminded him of when Bobby Fischer dissapeared.

Cut to Paul Mccartney: "You know that was the late 80s. Totally. We knew she'd gone, and I told her she couldn't spend like Hammer did... She just didn't listen. Coke, Veuve Cliquot, and more coke. God there was just coke everywhere. I remember Escobar calling Aau and I up in late 1988 and telling us he had just taken a bath in the stuff. I knew Aau had to quit sooner or later, but it shocked us all. McKinsey just wasn't the same after that."

But that wasn't it for aaudetat. When we return - how she made a comeback on PCP and mescalin - stay tuned for more on Behind the Music: Management Consulting"

Cut to commercial:

"Hi! I'm Heidi! I'm a retarded blonde but you probably want to !@(#! me! Watch me !(@# up my job somehow on the next Heidi Is Retarded at 9pm"
"Hi! I'm spencer. I'm an abusive boyfriend that girls drool over cause they are as dumb as Heidi. Why the (@!#(!# am I even on TV? Aren't I supposed to be on MTV anyway? DROOL, IM STOOOPID."

Destroy tv with a hammer.
Director
Director
Schools: Harvard '11
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 16:58
LOL love it rhyme - the Kudos I'm giving you for this post might be the first time someone has given you kudos for a non-lifechanging post! All I can think about now is the SNL skit "I need more COWBELL!"

rhyme wrote:
msday86 wrote:
I see a future VH1 show happening: "Behind the Music: Management Consulting" :wink:

"It went well until 1988, when the cocaine just stopped flowing. Tired, strung out, and incapable of coping anymore with more powerpoint decks, Aaudetat stopped by Studio 54, hung up her hippie coat in the back and left McKinsey that night. The industry was abuzz -- where had she gone? One analyst commented it reminded him of when Bobby Fischer dissapeared.

Cut to Paul Mccartney: "You know that was the late 80s. Totally. We knew she'd gone, and I told her she couldn't spend like Hammer did... She just didn't listen. Coke, Veuve Cliquot, and more coke. God there was just coke everywhere. I remember Escobar calling Aau and I up in late 1988 and telling us he had just taken a bath in the stuff. I knew Aau had to quit sooner or later, but it shocked us all. McKinsey just wasn't the same after that."

But that wasn't it for aaudetat. When we return - how she made a comeback on PCP and mescalin - stay tuned for more on Behind the Music: Management Consulting"

Cut to commercial:

"Hi! I'm Heidi! I'm a retarded blonde but you probably want to !@(#! me! Watch me !(@# up my job somehow on the next Heidi Is Retarded at 9pm"
"Hi! I'm spencer. I'm an abusive boyfriend that girls drool over cause they are as dumb as Heidi. Why the (@!#(!# am I even on TV? Aren't I supposed to be on MTV anyway? DROOL, IM STOOOPID."

Destroy tv with a hammer.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Outlook in B School [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2008, 19:46
You know, I tried to keep my squalid past hidden, but on this forum, rhyme has uncovered all my secrets: running a brothel, selling butt-plugs, pimp/tax preparer, and now the drugs. I thought I could turn it around in business school, but it's hard to get away from the life, you know?
Re: Outlook in B School   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2008, 19:46