Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Jun 2016, 01:11
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Over the last 2 years , Chesapeake introduced a slew

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 146
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 0

Over the last 2 years , Chesapeake introduced a slew [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2007, 04:39
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 1 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Over the last 2 years , Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs, one of them is pialis, the wonder drug for fatigue and generalized body pains.
1. one of them
2. one of which
3. one which
4. one of them which
5. and one of them which
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: SC-- Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2007, 05:00
humtum0 wrote:
Over the last 2 years , Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs, one of them is pialis, the wonder drug for fatigue and generalized body pains.
1. one of them
2. one of which
3. one which -
4. one of them which
5. and one of them which


I go for B, which refers to the drugs.

One of them is, one which is, one of them which is, and one of them which all sound brutual and D & E seem to refer to the drugs twice.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 2756
Location: New York City
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 604 [0], given: 4

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2007, 06:19
B

I am not sure, but i think them only refers to animate nouns.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 87
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2007, 12:42
I will go with B...

I narrowed it down to A&B, and I think we need "which" here

"which" refers to a group in general ---in our case " drugs"

OA?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: SC-- Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2007, 13:23
ashkrs wrote:
humtum0 wrote:
Over the last 2 years , Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs, one of them is pialis, the wonder drug for fatigue and generalized body pains.
1. one of them--> cant be used only for people.
2. one of which--correct
3. one which--conjunction missing.
4. one of them which
5. and one of them which


Why one of them is incorrect ...

by the way ...them can be used for both people and things

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define. ... &dict=CALD
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 931
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2007, 13:50
whoooooooops i meant B!!!!!! this is an easy one...

Last edited by beckee529 on 20 Sep 2007, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 567
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: SC-- Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2007, 15:08
Sachu wrote:
ashkrs wrote:
humtum0 wrote:
Over the last 2 years , Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs, one of them is pialis, the wonder drug for fatigue and generalized body pains.
1. one of them--> cant be used only for people.
2. one of which--correct
3. one which--conjunction missing.
4. one of them which
5. and one of them which


Why one of them is incorrect ...

by the way ...them can be used for both people and things

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define. ... &dict=CALD


Wud go for B,

I never heard 'one of them' being used for things too.

'them' is ok with things, but not so sure about 'one of them'..
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 79
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: SC-- Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2007, 07:51
IrinaOK wrote:
Sachu wrote:
ashkrs wrote:
humtum0 wrote:
Over the last 2 years , Chesapeake introduced a slew blockbuster drugs, one of them is pialis, the wonder drug for fatigue and generalized body pains.
1. one of them--> cant be used only for people.
2. one of which--correct
3. one which--conjunction missing.
4. one of them which
5. and one of them which


Why one of them is incorrect ...

by the way ...them can be used for both people and things

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define. ... &dict=CALD


Wud go for B,

I never heard 'one of them' being used for things too.

'them' is ok with things, but not so sure about 'one of them'..


No convincing explainations so far....
oops..misread at first place
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Run On sentence [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2007, 00:13
Guys I would go with E,

Because wouldn't with B it becomes a run on sentence.
Run On sentence   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2007, 00:13
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Over the last 20 years, the growth of information technology has bee carcass 2 16 Feb 2016, 09:29
19 Experts publish their posts in the topic Around 1900, fishermen in the Chesapeake JarvisR 9 17 Aug 2015, 04:13
8 A recent news report noted that over the last ten years many mun23 6 20 Apr 2013, 07:22
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Over the last 20 years, the growth of information technology gmatchase 8 30 Sep 2012, 19:11
Several years ago the diet industry introduced a variety of beyondinfinity 8 24 Jun 2006, 12:04
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Over the last 2 years , Chesapeake introduced a slew

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.