Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.44
WE:Project Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Admitted with solid scholarship! :-D Saw my admissions decision on MyOwen and received a phone call with the scholarship info later in the day.

Formal letters will go out in the mail next week they said.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats Shuffle :) I just got up this morning ( i live in singapore) and checked my mailbox to find a scholarship offer from Owen, solid enough for me, haha :) I guess I didn't get that phone call cause of the crazzzy time diff b/w Nashville and Singapore.... :-D :-D :-D
Shuffle wrote:
Admitted with solid scholarship! :-D Saw my admissions decision on MyOwen and received a phone call with the scholarship info later in the day.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
nishant1006 wrote:
Congrats Shuffle :) I just got up this morning ( i live in singapore) and checked my mailbox to find a scholarship offer from Owen, solid enough for me, haha :) I guess I didn't get that phone call cause of the crazzzy time diff b/w Nashville and Singapore.... :-D :-D :-D
Shuffle wrote:

Hello,

I checked myOwen page and it says Offered Admission Condition, no calls/mails yet. Can anyone help me understand this status please?

Many thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have the same status, so I believe you have been offered an admit, congrats :) seems like some are getting a phone call, and some - an email (like me), so perhaps you should be getting one v soon
GmatYes wrote:
nishant1006 wrote:
Shuffle wrote:

Hello,

I checked myOwen page and it says Offered Admission Condition, no calls/mails yet. Can anyone help me understand this status please?

Many thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nishant1006 wrote:
I have the same status, so I believe you have been offered an admit, congrats :) seems like some are getting a phone call, and some - an email (like me), so perhaps you should be getting one v soon
GmatYes wrote:

Hello,

Many thanks

Thanks for your response :)
I'm just curious what the condition may be.

I read some threads in the class of 2013 page, and apparently they asked a gmat retake as a condition.

Does you email have any mention of any specific conditions?

Also, you mentioned they offered a schol - Does your my owen status say anything about that?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey there,
ur most welcome brother :-D So the myowenpage didnt give any info abt the schol or the condition...It was the email i received from an owen adcom mentioning schol and condition, which is: successful completion of the US Business and Culture Communications Course, a three-week program starting in mid-July (required for international students), nothing abt gmat retake n stuff though....I am guessin , condition means verification of our transcripts n scores , or perhaps any course as a prerequisite...
GmatYes wrote:
nishant1006 wrote:
GmatYes wrote:

Hello,

Many thanks

Thanks for your response :)
I'm just curious what the condition may be.

I read some threads in the class of 2013 page, and apparently they asked a gmat retake as a condition.

Does you email have any mention of any specific conditions?

Also, you mentioned they offered a schol - Does your my owen status say anything about that?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[quote="nishant1006"]Hey there,
ur most welcome brother :-D So the myowenpage didnt give any info abt the schol or the condition...It was the email i received from an owen adcom mentioning schol and condition, which is: successful completion of the US Business and Culture Communications Course, a three-week program starting in mid-July (required for international students), nothing abt gmat retake n stuff though....I am guessin , condition means verification of our transcripts n scores , or perhaps any course as a prerequisite... [quote="GmatYes"][quote="nishant1006"]I have the same status, so I believe you have been offered an admit, congrats :) seems like some are getting a phone call, and some - an email (like me), so perhaps you should be getting one v soon [quote="GmatYes"]

What a relief!
I have been nervous ever since I read those posts about the GMAT Retake :shock:
- WHO WANTS TO DO THAT, After having felt for once, that you have been offered admission.

I hope I hear from them soon..

Thanks again :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello everyone. I applied R1 (not the early decision) and just received an invitation to interview! I'm currently living abroad so I'll have to do it via Skype. Did anyone have a skype interview? What types of questions should I expect from Owen? The standard MBA Qs? Any curveballs? Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
My app is in for Nov Round. 1-Oct deadline was too early for me, I know I lost on a very good opportunity of making the cut in early round. I am very excited for Nov round. Hopefully I'll get an interview call soon.

Please share your interview exp.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got an interview invite today. I'll schedule skype interview.

Please share your interview experiences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GRE 1: Q163 V154
GPA: 3.86
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats. :)

Did you apply for the early round? I applied for Round 1 and my interview is scheduled for December 19th. Do they tell you the decision right after the interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I applied in R1 (Nov-25) and I got interview invite last night. I'll schedule Skype as in-person & on-campus interviews are not until decision due date of 14-Jan.

swethasalunke wrote:
Congrats. :)

Did you apply for the early round? I applied for Round 1 and my interview is scheduled for December 19th. Do they tell you the decision right after the interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys, I have skype interview this Friday. Please share ur interview experiences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
mbanerd, i have my interview via skype this friday as well. if you hear anything about the topics from another source, please post the info here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
mbanerd16 wrote:
Guys, I have skype interview this Friday. Please share ur interview experiences.

All interviews at Owen are done by a member of the Admissions Committee, instead of current students or alumni. From my experience and speaking with others/campus visits it's designed to be a conversational experience. They are interested in getting to know you as fit is very important to Owen.

I didn't have any "trick" questions. Be prepared with your story and know your resume. Pretty standard stuff like: Why MBA? Why Now? Why here? Career goals? Leadership experience? Team experience? Strengths? Weaknesses? etc. There's time at the end for you to ask questions and since it's conversational you can ask questions during as well. Overall it was a pleasant experience :) Check out the free interview advice on ClearAdmit for other schools (don't believe Owen is on there yet) and you'll see similarities.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, i have started a new thread : vanderbilt-owen-class-of-2016-admitted-students-blog-164526.html I would be posting information about Owen in there...pls feel free to join and share your thoughts!!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Just put in my round 2 application, let's see what happens.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts