Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Owen '15 (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q38 V40
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 08:40
If you are interested in this program, let me know about your experience!

I applied in round 1 and had an in-person interview on 12/30. It says you should have 2 interviews but have not heard about the second one yet and decision deadline is January 23rd… crossing my fingers.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 12:58
I was accepted after my first interview. So I guess the 2nd one isn't necessary.

Good luck buddy, fingers crossed
Intern
Intern

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 13:43
RandyD wrote:
I was accepted after my first interview. So I guess the 2nd one isn't necessary.

Good luck buddy, fingers crossed

Didn't get in. My GMAT was low but also think my interview could have gone better. Not sure if I am going to go to one of the other schools I was accepted at or retake the GMAT and try again next year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 21:26
Wow, really surprised. Your GMAT was sort of low, but the GPA makes up for it. What other programs have you been accepted into if you don't mind me asking?

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 22:23
Or you can go with the MBA route.

One of my friend was rejected by all of his MSFs. He worked as a credit analyst for 3 years, then applied to MBAs and was accepted by Duke
Intern
Intern

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 08:01
RandyD wrote:

One of my friend was rejected by all of his MSFs. He worked as a credit analyst for 3 years, then applied to MBAs and was accepted by Duke

Problem is I don't have post-grad work experience. I am a senior right now.

MSFHQ wrote:
Wow, really surprised. Your GMAT was sort of low, but the GPA makes up for it. What other programs have you been accepted into if you don't mind me asking?

I was accepted to Alabama and FSU. The benefit of FSU is I am a Florida resident and it would only cost $14K to attend. However, not sure I want to spend the money unless it is the right program. Also thinking about applying to Ohio State, Georgia State, and Georgetown (online program). The IE business school in Madrid, University of Denver and a few other small schools keep sending me emails encouraging me to apply but not sure I'm willing to move THAT far.

I really feel like I could get a 700+ if I have enough time to study. So I am in limbo trying to figure out if I want to apply to more places, accept one that I was admitted to, or study and try again next year.

If I decide to retake gmat I'll have to get my books back from my friend I lent them to :cry:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 18:06
SunnyAnd75 wrote:
RandyD wrote:

MSFHQ wrote:

I was accepted to Alabama and FSU. The benefit of FSU is I am a Florida resident and it would only cost $14K to attend. However, not sure I want to spend the money unless it is the right program. Also thinking about applying to Ohio State, Georgia State, and Georgetown (online program). The IE business school in Madrid, University of Denver and a few other small schools keep sending me emails encouraging me to apply but not sure I'm willing to move THAT far.

I really feel like I could get a 700+ if I have enough time to study. So I am in limbo trying to figure out if I want to apply to more places, accept one that I was admitted to, or study and try again next year.

If I decide to retake gmat I'll have to get my books back from my friend I lent them to :cry:

I wouldn't do the FSU or Alabama program. That being said Alabama is a surprisingly good MSF program (I know the professor who runs it).

IMO, with your stats I can see you getting into OSU. Have you thought about applying to say Villanova, Claremont, Boston College, programs like that? 640 GMAT is fine and your GPA is outstanding.

I think you are aiming too low when it comes to schools. Your stats seem great. If you want to talk offline shoot me a PM.

Chin up, you are in a better position than I think you consider yourself to be.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2014, 21:55
MSFHQ wrote:
SunnyAnd75 wrote:
RandyD wrote:

MSFHQ wrote:

I wouldn't do the FSU or Alabama program. That being said Alabama is a surprisingly good MSF program (I know the professor who runs it).

IMO, with your stats I can see you getting into OSU. Have you thought about applying to say Villanova, Claremont, Boston College, programs like that? 640 GMAT is fine and your GPA is outstanding.

I think you are aiming too low when it comes to schools. Your stats seem great. If you want to talk offline shoot me a PM.

Chin up, you are in a better position than I think you consider yourself to be.

ARE YOU SRS 640 gmat for CMC? If so then I will start an application asap
Intern
Intern

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2014, 22:14
I was looking at MSF programs, and since Duke and VSF already passed I am looking at Owen. I think Nashville would be a cool place to live too. I am thinking of applying
Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ?   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2014, 22:14