Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? : MS Finance
Check GMAT Club App Tracker for the Latest School Decision Releases http://gmatclub.com/AppTrack

It is currently 07 Dec 2016, 01:16
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Schools: Owen '15 (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q38 V40
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2014, 08:40
If you are interested in this program, let me know about your experience!

I applied in round 1 and had an in-person interview on 12/30. It says you should have 2 interviews but have not heard about the second one yet and decision deadline is January 23rd… crossing my fingers.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2014, 12:58
I was accepted after my first interview. So I guess the 2nd one isn't necessary.

Good luck buddy, fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Schools: Owen '15 (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q38 V40
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2014, 13:43
RandyD wrote:
I was accepted after my first interview. So I guess the 2nd one isn't necessary.

Good luck buddy, fingers crossed


Didn't get in. My GMAT was low but also think my interview could have gone better. Not sure if I am going to go to one of the other schools I was accepted at or retake the GMAT and try again next year.
Expert Post
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 537
Location: United States (NY)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 1

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2014, 21:26
Wow, really surprised. Your GMAT was sort of low, but the GPA makes up for it. What other programs have you been accepted into if you don't mind me asking?
_________________

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2014, 22:23
Or you can go with the MBA route.

One of my friend was rejected by all of his MSFs. He worked as a credit analyst for 3 years, then applied to MBAs and was accepted by Duke
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Schools: Owen '15 (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q38 V40
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2014, 08:01
RandyD wrote:
Or you can go with the MBA route.

One of my friend was rejected by all of his MSFs. He worked as a credit analyst for 3 years, then applied to MBAs and was accepted by Duke


Problem is I don't have post-grad work experience. I am a senior right now.

MSFHQ wrote:
Wow, really surprised. Your GMAT was sort of low, but the GPA makes up for it. What other programs have you been accepted into if you don't mind me asking?


I was accepted to Alabama and FSU. The benefit of FSU is I am a Florida resident and it would only cost $14K to attend. However, not sure I want to spend the money unless it is the right program. Also thinking about applying to Ohio State, Georgia State, and Georgetown (online program). The IE business school in Madrid, University of Denver and a few other small schools keep sending me emails encouraging me to apply but not sure I'm willing to move THAT far.

I really feel like I could get a 700+ if I have enough time to study. So I am in limbo trying to figure out if I want to apply to more places, accept one that I was admitted to, or study and try again next year.

If I decide to retake gmat I'll have to get my books back from my friend I lent them to :cry:
Expert Post
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 537
Location: United States (NY)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 1

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2014, 18:06
SunnyAnd75 wrote:
RandyD wrote:
Or you can go with the MBA route.

One of my friend was rejected by all of his MSFs. He worked as a credit analyst for 3 years, then applied to MBAs and was accepted by Duke


Problem is I don't have post-grad work experience. I am a senior right now.

MSFHQ wrote:
Wow, really surprised. Your GMAT was sort of low, but the GPA makes up for it. What other programs have you been accepted into if you don't mind me asking?


I was accepted to Alabama and FSU. The benefit of FSU is I am a Florida resident and it would only cost $14K to attend. However, not sure I want to spend the money unless it is the right program. Also thinking about applying to Ohio State, Georgia State, and Georgetown (online program). The IE business school in Madrid, University of Denver and a few other small schools keep sending me emails encouraging me to apply but not sure I'm willing to move THAT far.

I really feel like I could get a 700+ if I have enough time to study. So I am in limbo trying to figure out if I want to apply to more places, accept one that I was admitted to, or study and try again next year.

If I decide to retake gmat I'll have to get my books back from my friend I lent them to :cry:



I wouldn't do the FSU or Alabama program. That being said Alabama is a surprisingly good MSF program (I know the professor who runs it).

IMO, with your stats I can see you getting into OSU. Have you thought about applying to say Villanova, Claremont, Boston College, programs like that? 640 GMAT is fine and your GPA is outstanding.


I think you are aiming too low when it comes to schools. Your stats seem great. If you want to talk offline shoot me a PM.

Chin up, you are in a better position than I think you consider yourself to be.
_________________

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2014, 21:55
MSFHQ wrote:
SunnyAnd75 wrote:
RandyD wrote:
Or you can go with the MBA route.

One of my friend was rejected by all of his MSFs. He worked as a credit analyst for 3 years, then applied to MBAs and was accepted by Duke


Problem is I don't have post-grad work experience. I am a senior right now.

MSFHQ wrote:
Wow, really surprised. Your GMAT was sort of low, but the GPA makes up for it. What other programs have you been accepted into if you don't mind me asking?


I was accepted to Alabama and FSU. The benefit of FSU is I am a Florida resident and it would only cost $14K to attend. However, not sure I want to spend the money unless it is the right program. Also thinking about applying to Ohio State, Georgia State, and Georgetown (online program). The IE business school in Madrid, University of Denver and a few other small schools keep sending me emails encouraging me to apply but not sure I'm willing to move THAT far.

I really feel like I could get a 700+ if I have enough time to study. So I am in limbo trying to figure out if I want to apply to more places, accept one that I was admitted to, or study and try again next year.

If I decide to retake gmat I'll have to get my books back from my friend I lent them to :cry:



I wouldn't do the FSU or Alabama program. That being said Alabama is a surprisingly good MSF program (I know the professor who runs it).

IMO, with your stats I can see you getting into OSU. Have you thought about applying to say Villanova, Claremont, Boston College, programs like that? 640 GMAT is fine and your GPA is outstanding.


I think you are aiming too low when it comes to schools. Your stats seem great. If you want to talk offline shoot me a PM.

Chin up, you are in a better position than I think you consider yourself to be.

ARE YOU SRS 640 gmat for CMC? If so then I will start an application asap
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2014, 22:14
I was looking at MSF programs, and since Duke and VSF already passed I am looking at Owen. I think Nashville would be a cool place to live too. I am thinking of applying
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2016
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Confused:what the hell! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2016, 11:14
Hey,
Got 318 in gre(163q,155v,3 awa),101 toefl. Got 61.5% marks from delhi university. Great 10 th and 12 th.
11 online courses,decent internships in finance,NGO' and marketing.Wish to apply to msf programs in US.Thought of applying to
Suny buffalo
University of cincinnati
Northeastern
University of rochestor
Ut dallas
Do i have a shot at villanova?some other decent program?please help me out.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 537
Location: United States (NY)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 1

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 10:11
AlexeiParker wrote:
I was looking at MSF programs, and since Duke and VSF already passed I am looking at Owen. I think Nashville would be a cool place to live too. I am thinking of applying


Vanderbilt is one of the best campus experience that I have seen from all the schools I have visited. I'd highly recommend applying.
_________________

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 537
Location: United States (NY)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 80 [1] , given: 1

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 10:23
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
harshgoel888 wrote:
Hey,
Got 318 in gre(163q,155v,3 awa),101 toefl. Got 61.5% marks from delhi university. Great 10 th and 12 th.
11 online courses,decent internships in finance,NGO' and marketing.Wish to apply to msf programs in US.Thought of applying to
Suny buffalo
University of cincinnati
Northeastern
University of rochestor
Ut dallas
Do i have a shot at villanova?some other decent program?please help me out.

Posted from my mobile device Image


So it looks like your GRE converts to a 660. Ok score, but low for an international student. Not sure how your GPA converts though so that might offset it.

I'd say apply to Villanova, but it will be a long shot. You have a large list of safety schools so Nova might be the one good stretch school you make. Others look like you should be reasonably competitive with.
_________________

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2016
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 11:26
Thanks for the advice man.But my gpa corresponds to 3.05.With an decent gre and borderline gpa,i was counting on my extracurriculars:internships and courses. With nova as the dream,do i have other good options?
Btw,how is university of Cincinnati for msf?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ?   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2016, 11:26
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic MSF Profile Evaluation & Vanderbilt MSF Campus Visit Conversion Rate canadianderek 4 17 Nov 2016, 11:18
Experts publish their posts in the topic chances at vanderbilt msf? mspr226 2 17 Oct 2016, 13:19
Experts publish their posts in the topic Vanderbilt MSF Round 4? gator1107 2 07 May 2015, 19:12
Experts publish their posts in the topic Vanderbilt/Villanova MsF samham22 3 20 Mar 2014, 00:21
Experts publish their posts in the topic MSF Claremont McKenna vs. Vanderbilt vs. Boston College-2012 violinakrasteva 8 23 Mar 2012, 01:38
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Owen (Vanderbilt) MSF - Anyone accepted/applied/applying ?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.