Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 18:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Oxbridge 2011 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Posts: 415
Location: Europe
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 26

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 14:14
Thank you for clearing that out.

Round 2 deadline for Cambridge is behind us, is it subsequently tougher to apply in round 3?
Official Business School Representative
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 177
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 14:32
Actually, round 3 deadline was on Monday and we are reading through the applications right now.

It does not make a difference to your chances of admission which round you apply in. but I encourage people to apply early so that you can start making preparations for the MBA if you are admitted.

Best wishes

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Cambridge Judge Business School
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Posts: 415
Location: Europe
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 26

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 14:42
Sorry I was mistaken, I was talking about Round 4.

Thank you for your answer, I will therefore apply for Round 4.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 3

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 19:10
Submitted app for oxford R2
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 3

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 15:13
any round 2 candidates?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 61
Schools: UVA Darden (R1), Cornell Johnson (R1), Yale SOM (R1), Oxford Said (R2)
WE 1: 5 Yrs Mgmt Consulting
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2011, 04:30
applied to said r2, best of luck to all, cheers!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 61
Schools: UVA Darden (R1), Cornell Johnson (R1), Yale SOM (R1), Oxford Said (R2)
WE 1: 5 Yrs Mgmt Consulting
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 07:43
Sorry, I asked this question earlier and actually asked it on another board as well and have received no responses - not sure if that means it's a stupid question or if no one has a perspective. I applied to Said bc it's a one year program attached to Oxford and since I will probably stay in my field it seemed like an appealing option. How does Said compare to a school like Darden in the US?

I am looking for some candid feedback beyond the rankings. After five years at looking at these inane numbers, I can confidently say that Harvard, Stanford, Chicago, Kellogg, Wharton, LBS and INSEAD are consistently the top schools, beyond that I think they are of little value. Thanks team, much appreciated, cheers!


@ingoditrust: I went to Kelley undergrad, be sure to reach out if you have any questions about the program or bloomington in general, I can give you the low-down.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 3

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 09:03
ntenzer wrote:
Sorry, I asked this question earlier and actually asked it on another board as well and have received no responses - not sure if that means it's a stupid question or if no one has a perspective. I applied to Said bc it's a one year program attached to Oxford and since I will probably stay in my field it seemed like an appealing option. How does Said compare to a school like Darden in the US?

I am looking for some candid feedback beyond the rankings. After five years at looking at these inane numbers, I can confidently say that Harvard, Stanford, Chicago, Kellogg, Wharton, LBS and INSEAD are consistently the top schools, beyond that I think they are of little value. Thanks team, much appreciated, cheers!


@ingoditrust: I went to Kelley undergrad, be sure to reach out if you have any questions about the program or bloomington in general, I can give you the low-down.


Here are my 2 cents for the first part:

If you want to stay in US then Darden should be your choice but if you want to stay in EU or Asia oxford is a better option. Oxford is on an upward swing in rankings as well as reputation. From what I have heard and read on different forums Oxford in next 5-10 years will end up in top 10 international mba schools so 5 years down the line you can say I am from this top school ( if it matters). On the other hand if you look at Darden it has not moved up a lot in rankings and has stayed put in top 15 schools of USA. Oxford gives you the "Oxford" brand, which is known everywhere in world. A brand that you can leverage on later in your career.

Honestly if I had the luxury to chose between Darden and Oxford I would go for oxford as the school gives me a better opportunity to reach my goals. So it depends on your goals and which school gives a better opportunity to reach your goals.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 114
Schools: Tuck, Duke, Cambridge, Said
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2011, 04:46
ingoditrust wrote:
ntenzer wrote:
Sorry, I asked this question earlier and actually asked it on another board as well and have received no responses - not sure if that means it's a stupid question or if no one has a perspective. I applied to Said bc it's a one year program attached to Oxford and since I will probably stay in my field it seemed like an appealing option. How does Said compare to a school like Darden in the US?

I am looking for some candid feedback beyond the rankings. After five years at looking at these inane numbers, I can confidently say that Harvard, Stanford, Chicago, Kellogg, Wharton, LBS and INSEAD are consistently the top schools, beyond that I think they are of little value. Thanks team, much appreciated, cheers!


@ingoditrust: I went to Kelley undergrad, be sure to reach out if you have any questions about the program or bloomington in general, I can give you the low-down.


Here are my 2 cents for the first part:

If you want to stay in US then Darden should be your choice but if you want to stay in EU or Asia oxford is a better option. Oxford is on an upward swing in rankings as well as reputation. From what I have heard and read on different forums Oxford in next 5-10 years will end up in top 10 international mba schools so 5 years down the line you can say I am from this top school ( if it matters). On the other hand if you look at Darden it has not moved up a lot in rankings and has stayed put in top 15 schools of USA. Oxford gives you the "Oxford" brand, which is known everywhere in world. A brand that you can leverage on later in your career.

Honestly if I had the luxury to chose between Darden and Oxford I would go for oxford as the school gives me a better opportunity to reach my goals. So it depends on your goals and which school gives a better opportunity to reach your goals.


I agree with ingoditrust as well. Depends on yr post MBA goals. Where do you want to work and if you want a little bit more global network (Oxford) or a network which is largely concentrated in US.

Either way, both good schools. ATB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 292
Location: European union
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 39

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 16:55
Do I still have great career prospects in the EU if I graduate from a top US B-school ? Or I`d better go to LBS, Said, Judge, Insead, or IMD ?

Last edited by Ivan91 on 21 Jan 2011, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 3

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 18:47
Ivan91 wrote:
Do I ll stihave great career prospects in the EU if I graduate from a top US B-school ? Or I`d better go to LBS, Said, Judge, Insead, or IMD ?


To your first question the answer is NO until unless the schools are H/S/W. Otherwise you are better off with LBS, Said, Judge, INSEAD or IMD.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Posts: 415
Location: Europe
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 26

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 19:21
Berkeley and Columbia are well known in Europe.

But Saïd/Judge versus Berkeley/Columbia for working in Europe? That's a close call. Check with alumni of each schools to get their point of view.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 121
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 21:20
any news from Judge??? It is pretty much my top choice as it fits my career goals. I applied R3 and waiting for an interview...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 292
Location: European union
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 39

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 10:57
ingoditrust wrote:
Ivan91 wrote:
Do I ll stihave great career prospects in the EU if I graduate from a top US B-school ? Or I`d better go to LBS, Said, Judge, Insead, or IMD ?


To your first question the answer is NO until unless the schools are H/S/W. Otherwise you are better off with LBS, Said, Judge, INSEAD or IMD.


Thank you and sorry for my illiterate writing. I fixed it ;]
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 197
Location: Finland
Schools: Cambridge/Judge '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 13:13
rkn wrote:
any news from Judge??? It is pretty much my top choice as it fits my career goals. I applied R3 and waiting for an interview...

I only heard by rumor that R2 decisions were released today. Maybe R3 will be soon?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jun 2010
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 18:31
Just received the ding from Cambridge - R3 applicant
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 17
Location: Seattle, WA
Schools: Cambridge (R2 Admit- will matriculate), Oxford (R2 invite- declined)
WE 1: Supply Chain Manager- start-up biotechnology company
WE 2: Supply Chain Planner- Starbucks Coffee Company
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 06:50
I do more lurking than posting on this site, but I wanted to say that I have been accepted into Cambridge. As this site has been a wealth of knowledge for me, I'm happy to answer any questions I can for potential candidates looking at a R4 submission or a R3 interview.

I went through the interview process on the 17th and found it to be a very informative and pleasant experience. I had all but decided on Cambridge prior to even arriving on campus, but after the interview day, I was hooked. I really felt like I belonged there, so one can imagine how pleased I was to receive the offer letter on Thursday!

-Craig
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 86
Location: Sacramento, CA
Schools: Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 19

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 13:16
I, too, was accepted to Cambridge R2. I completely agree with bozman. I was already excited about Cambridge before attending the interview day, but that really cinched the deal. I found it very beneficial to meet the other MBA candidates and the current students as well as to see the campus and the city. And the day was really well organized and very insightful.

Slightly off topic, I do want to stress the importance of visiting the colleges if you're deciding between Cambridge and Oxford. I didn't realize how different the cities and schools were until I visited them and I believe you fit in at either one or the other, but most likely not both.

Good luck to those awaiting R3 interview invites. Similar to bozman, I'm happy to field any questions about the application or interview process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 292
Location: European union
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 39

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 14:55
bozman wrote:
I do more lurking than posting on this site, but I wanted to say that I have been accepted into Cambridge. As this site has been a wealth of knowledge for me, I'm happy to answer any questions I can for potential candidates looking at a R4 submission or a R3 interview.

I went through the interview process on the 17th and found it to be a very informative and pleasant experience. I had all but decided on Cambridge prior to even arriving on campus, but after the interview day, I was hooked. I really felt like I belonged there, so one can imagine how pleased I was to receive the offer letter on Thursday!

-Craig


COngrats !!! How much and what kind of WE do you have ;)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 197
Location: Finland
Schools: Cambridge/Judge '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 15:43
I'm so happy for you, bozman and BigRedEnvEng. It was a pleasure to meet you here last Monday. Greetings from the Other Place, where most of our class spent the day today. :wink:
Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2011, 15:43
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Manchester 2011 applicants rafilla442000 3 01 Dec 2010, 10:52
10 Any IMD Applicants for 2011 bhatiagp 222 02 Feb 2010, 02:11
28 Experts publish their posts in the topic Oxbridge 2010 Applicants greenoak 681 15 Jul 2009, 14:01
2011 Application: Job Choice jmtomasz 6 23 Feb 2009, 15:32
26 Experts publish their posts in the topic Oxbridge 2009 applicants dagrobo 591 27 Jul 2008, 12:59
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Oxbridge 2011 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  28    Next  [ 546 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.