Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:06

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 10:31
This post received
KUDOS
Who ever has not got email may be because the transcripts have not reached yet - mine have not reached the school yet but I got in touch with the University and was told about the decision - which would be formally emailed to me once my transcript reaches
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 72 [1] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 14:49
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations to all admits. We had created a FB group for our year and then invited current students to join. One of you can take the initiative and post the group link here. I will add current students to that group.

Go party!

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 20:47
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations to all those who made it through!!

I got in as well !!

Just wondering if the exact scholarships decisions have already been emailed along with the admit letters to some of us? The letter I received says

"if you have been awarded a Said Scholarship you will be contacted by email within the next few days."

Anyone received anything more than this generic statement ?

Thanks!..Hope to see u all at Oxford!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 570 Q45 V23
GMAT 2: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V37

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 19

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 22:32
This post received
KUDOS
The small but definitely the most sweet line -
" I am in" :-) :D :-) :D
Will be taking this offer.
Has anyone started the facebook group or shall I make one??

Let Difficulties know that you too are difficult

if you want the rainbow,you gotta put up with the rain

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 07:25
This post received
KUDOS
Got the offer pack and just sent the acceptance email.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 111 [1] , given: 215

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
hi0parag wrote:
Ducksworth wrote:
hi0parag: what came in the offer pack?

A folder containing :
A letter from MBA Prog Director
A letter from Associate Dean of Degree Prog.
Fee & Payment Terms (includes info on how to pay the deposit) [Main options: Wire/electronic transfer or Credit Card payment on Oxford's website]
Financial Guarantee Form [not sure how to fill it if we do not know the scholarship status :) ]

Btw other items in the folder include: 4GB USB Drive (empty i.e. w/o data), Oxford map, Oxford city guide and another unofficial guide by Oxford students.

Really useful. Thanks!!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.21

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 2

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 20:46
This post received
KUDOS
I'm so jealous! I really have nothing to complain about- I was just accepted into Johnson for their AMBA program and I haven't even submitted my application to Oxford yet, but I still really want to go to SBS. Congrats again! I hope to join you all in the fall!
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 05:05
This post received
KUDOS
Guys. If it helps, I got the invoice today and is due January 18.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE: Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 27

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 11:25
This post received
KUDOS
Ducksworth wrote:
Guys. If it helps, I got the invoice today and is due January 18.

Same here, once again, we seem to have impeccable timing here on the forums!
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 10:17
This post received
KUDOS
I know I will not go to Oxford, but I still want to bring forward something that I have noticed.

Accepted candidates where added to a Google group and I have been receiving e-mails from future students that are introducing themselves. I read that at least two of them are still undegraduates, one of them mentioning that his/her only work experience so far has been a couple of summer internships! I am a bit disappointed that Saïd accepts students with such little experience. Doing an MBA is a great opportunity to learn from professors but even more from other students. Do any present or future students have any opinions on this?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 20

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 09:53
This post received
KUDOS
shawyshawy wrote:
also, I am confused regarding the Job decsription scetion which is in the online application for Said. They have mentioned a 5000 char limit for that. Not sure how everyone else is addressing that section. Do we just write a job description essay or explain our job in form of bullet points .. just the way we do it in our CV. will be great if someone who has done it can throw some light.

Cheers

I created short essays instead of using bullet points. They have given space/char count... go use it :) Btw due to limited number of essays.. (just 2) this is an opportunity to share more :)

Last edited by hi0parag on 09 Jan 2013, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 08:28
This post received
KUDOS
Leftcoastguy wrote:
I see. And roughly how many people have introduced themselves in total?

Posted from my mobile device Image

About 65. At least 5 are undergrads.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 09:24
This post received
KUDOS
Agree.
I myself still have to join that group...(don't have a gmail ID with my own name. I'll be creating soon to join that group. bananapeel is not a good id to join that group :P).
The best choice would be to post that question in google group to get the "first hand" feedback. In the meantimes, someone else can post this question on Google group.
My speculative answer would be that these relatively inexperienced guys/girls are from either MFE or MBA 1+1. This speculated answer is based on the CVs of MFE and MBA students available on SBS intranet site under CV link. I really doubt Oxford will jeopardize its reputation with such an act unless these students are really exceptional . I think the intranet site is same for all SBS students (MBA, MBA 1+1, MFE) as I've seen suggested reading for MFE students. May be I'll join that group and confirm their course of study to clarify.

In any case, this would not change my decision to join SBS.

hi0parag wrote:
Ducksworth wrote:
About 65. At least 5 are undergrads.

quick question: how many of these 65 who introduced and the 5 undergards in particular do you think are in a situation similar to you... i.e. not going to accept the offer :)

i guess there are a lot of unknowns here!

btw I have 8 yrs work ex... do plan to accept the offer... but have not yet joined the group! there could be more like me as well :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 1

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 22:24
This post received
KUDOS
SaidAlum wrote:
All Bay Area Applicants!! We are hosting an event tomorrow in San Francisco for prospective MBAs to meet and talk with past Oxford MBAs. This is a great event if you are considering applying, or already accepted and still deciding if Oxford is the right school for you. Please PM me directly if you want to attend!

Great to see in action. This is what makes the school apart from the rest.

I hope someone does the same at other side of the globe!! Never mind, we will do it next to text year!!
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 08:30
This post received
KUDOS
If anyone finds it useful, a few remarks:

* I was asked to send original transcripts once I had been invited for interview. They did say that they would not release a final decision until they had received those transcripts. So yes, as unusual as it sounds, you do need to send them original transcripts if you want to hear from them if you were accepted or not.

* In this forum I read about a candidate who interviewed and did not send his/her transcripts on time. A few days after decisions had been released he/she called the admissions office to enquire and was then told that he had been accepted, but an "official" e-mail could not be sent until official transcripts were received.

* I have no bloody idea of why they do this, but I reckon they had very bad experiences in the past. Nevertheless, I would also take it as a good indication that if you are invited to interview chances are very high you will get admitted. My very biased sample of people I contacted in this forum, would tell me that maybe 3/4 of interviews become offers.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE: Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 27

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 05:37
This post received
KUDOS
crappyapp2 wrote:
May I ask if they send you a confirmation e-mail when they receive your transcripts, particularly if you have multiple transcripts to send? Also, does everyone receive an e-mail decision on the interview date (either interview or rejection)? I was reviewing previous posts from this year and it appears so, but I just wanted to make sure. I agree that the wait is horrible- I wish everyone the best!

Yes and Yes :)

Good luck!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 07:13
This post received
KUDOS
kaushinside wrote:
ydm wrote:
Just received invitation for the interview...

oh!!
congratulations!!

any more info about the dates?

Delhi is 14-15 Feb.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 07:18
This post received
KUDOS
kaushinside wrote:
ah!
just received my invite!!

Wohoo!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 12

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 08:00
This post received
KUDOS
Invited! :-) Good luck everyone!

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 16

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
Yippieee!! I too got the interview call. :)
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2013, 08:34