Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
longranger wrote:
WomeMBA - where are you originally from?

Just my two cents - If your career has anything to do with Sales / Marketing (or even general business management), I think you should go for Kellogg with eyes closed. The prestige of Kellogg's program and its alumni network makes it one of the best possible schools to go to, for that particular field.

As someone who has decided to go to Said, I can say that I was primarily motivated by the fact that it is one of the best 1 year programs out there, with access to one of the world's best universities and the alumni that comes with it. Just today, I was reading that in the UK apart from the Prime Minister, the Foreign Secretary, Defence Secretary and Chancellor of the Exchequer are all Oxonians! Maybe not the alumni you and me will get the chance to interact with, but this certainly gives an idea of what the place produces. I do not intend to change my job industry (Finance), so figured that a 1 year program will be good for me. I was also not keen to spend a lot of money for a 2 year program, and be away from the job-force for that long!

I am extremely chuffed that I will be going to Said this Fall, but would advise you that if you feel that Kellogg will be a direct boost for your career, you should opt for it. If not, perhaps I will see you at Said in a few months! :-D

I have a German background and have been working as an internal consultant for some years. I know what I want to do post-MBA but honestly doing a two year programme would feel like a treat to me that is still perfectly fine from a CV perspective. I've been working in my job starting with 19 so not being away from a job doesn't seem to be a worrier to me :)

But you are absolutely right - Said offers the best 1Y programme I can think of and it is an honour to be accepted; still the decision-making is not as easy as I had hoped....maybe I know what to do after the weekend and who knows - we might be able to go for a drink in October ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello Justin,

I'm an applicant to Oxford's MBA program and had some queries about the same.
It would be great if you could take out some time from your schedule to answer the following -

I want to make a career in strategic product planning & product management, does SBS, offer some courses/clubs specially for this field?
Can Said be categorized as a General Management school? How is recruiting in high-tech?
Why did you choose Said over other schools?
What has been the one best course at Said or who has been your favorite professor?
Which is the most active club at Said ?
Anything new at Said since you joined and which you became a part of?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
Kudos
It's been awhile since I've looked at this website, but for everyone going to Oxford, I hope you have a blast! I'm sure it'll be incredible!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi I have a really stupid question very late in the game. Is the admissions process for said a rolling process or do they start looking at applications only after the 13th for the round 1 deadline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
Hi -

I am a current student at SBS Oxford (MBA '13). Few months back me and many of my classmates were in the same shoes as you. We started the year about a week back with some orientation and induction sessions. It will be another week or so before classes start. Oxford is truly an amazing place and I am yet to soak in everything the place has to offer.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Also, you can head over to my blog for an occasional picture or a post.

Cheers -
Sanjuro

Hello,

Could you please help me decide if I should wait for 1 more year or go ahead with the application?

1. GMAT Score - 670
2. Work Ex - 3.25
- (Analytics Industry (Not IT)
- 0.5 year in analysis of business problems + 2.75 years in Sales in the US market
- I was operating from India till now and will be moving to the US this Jan
3. Undergrad Degree: Metallurgy Engineering with CGPA 8.1/10
4. very good extracurricular activities: Singing, Sports, etc.

I am deciding between applying to Said this year/ next year after writing GMAT again.

IT will be great if you can help.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
cool
paras123 wrote:
The small but definitely the most sweet line -
" I am in" :-) :D :-) :D
Will be taking this offer.
Has anyone started the facebook group or shall I make one??
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Please use the Said (Oxford) Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! thread
https://gmatclub.com/forum/said-oxford-class-of-2015-calling-all-applicants-151631.html

Locking topic.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Oxford Said Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Oxford Said Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Oxford Said Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Oxford Said Forum to dive into all things related to Oxford Said's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts