Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 21:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.37
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [3] , given: 15

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 14:58
This post received
KUDOS
longbow wrote:
MackyCee wrote:
I've got mine booked for Monday 14/11 @ 9:30am GMT via Skype

You'll all be receiving you booking dates very shortly I would imagine, as it's still quite early in the day in London.

How was your interview experience?

I had my Skype interview last night. My interviewer was delightful - very polite, smiled a lot, and did her best to make me feel comfortable. She did ask some pretty tough questions (which is expected), but I felt the interview was generally quite positive. It was a pretty brief session, about 30 minutes - which FLEW by (the 30 minutes felt like 30 seconds). She also gave me useful and constructive feedback. As a note, I was not advised of who my interviewer was going to be beforehand - I'm not sure if you all will have the same arrangement.

The main thing that put me off was the "Skype" experience. It's difficult to read body language, express yourself comfortably and make strong and meaningful eye contact, and you feel a little bit disconnected from your interviewer. I was a little nervous and unsettled looking into a screen, but I'm sure that the interviewers take this into account.

On the whole, it was a wonderful experience, and I was quite proud to meet my interviewer, and make it this far in the application process. Hopefully, in 10 months time, many of us here will be classmates at SBS :)

All the best with your respective interviews :)

Kudos always appreciated if my post helped you :)

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 16:56
MackyCee wrote:
longbow wrote:
MackyCee wrote:
I've got mine booked for Monday 14/11 @ 9:30am GMT via Skype

You'll all be receiving you booking dates very shortly I would imagine, as it's still quite early in the day in London.

How was your interview experience?

I had my Skype interview last night. My interviewer was delightful - very polite, smiled a lot, and did her best to make me feel comfortable. She did ask some pretty tough questions (which is expected), but I felt the interview was generally quite positive. It was a pretty brief session, about 30 minutes - which FLEW by (the 30 minutes felt like 30 seconds). She also gave me useful and constructive feedback. As a note, I was not advised of who my interviewer was going to be beforehand - I'm not sure if you all will have the same arrangement.

The main thing that put me off was the "Skype" experience. It's difficult to read body language, express yourself comfortably and make strong and meaningful eye contact, and you feel a little bit disconnected from your interviewer. I was a little nervous and unsettled looking into a screen, but I'm sure that the interviewers take this into account.

On the whole, it was a wonderful experience, and I was quite proud to meet my interviewer, and make it this far in the application process. Hopefully, in 10 months time, many of us here will be classmates at SBS :)

Thank you for your sharing, that is very useful info.
I would like to know if you can also share the interview questions please. specially the tough ones. Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 20:16
MackyCee wrote:

Thanks for sharing this with us MackyCee. It is interesting to note that the interviewer actually gave you feedback. This happens very rarely. I am hoping to interview in person instead of skype.

As isariverson says, can you please share the questions with us? Even though it is impossible to prepare for every question, getting some idea about the possibilities will be very very helpful.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 39

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 06:28
Thanks for sharing Macky.

When you say feedback, do you mean feedback about how you did on the interview? Or feedback on your application as a whole?

Best of luck to you

Mr F
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.37
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 15

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 17:42
MrFriendship wrote:
Thanks for sharing Macky.

When you say feedback, do you mean feedback about how you did on the interview? Or feedback on your application as a whole?

Best of luck to you

Mr F

Mr F, the feedback was related to my application and essays - my interviewer gave VERY little away with regards to how I did on the interview (as is to be expected).

Kudos always appreciated if my post helped you :)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2011, 19:57
Just finished my interview today as well. I had an in person session with a member of the admissions board. He asked some tough questions but they were directly related to my career goals and my CV (not generic questions). Overall, I think it went well, but I didn't get any feedback either so we will just have to wait and see!

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2011, 23:54
enkie, it seems we have been interviewed by the same person. I had my in person interview yesterday as well and although I didn't expect it to be easy, I was a little surprised by how focused the questions were.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2011, 04:33
Really?? Are you located in the states - east coast? (sorry if i dont remember from previous posts)

Intern
Intern

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2011, 12:00
I'm the guy from Romania, I'm pretty much sure that I've introduced myself to everyone that was there on Monday. Send me a PM if you wish to share your thoughts about the interview. Good luck! Hope we both get admitted.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2011, 13:40
Do you think there is any chance they will announce the results before 09-Dec-11?
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2011, 06:59
No, the interviewer was quite clear in saying that results will be announced on the 9th of December.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 06:21
5 days til D day! Good luck everyone!

I am sitting on pins and needles.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 11:05
enkie wrote:

Good luck to you as well, enkie! :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 21:21
Good luck folks! Does the Said Adcom call every selected candidate or merely sends out an email?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9385 [0], given: 3694

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 00:07
Expert's post
artuursk wrote:
enkie wrote:

Good luck to you as well, enkie! :)

Hm... the official date is December 15th though (or at least it used to be). I guess we'll see.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 04:40
Changed to Dec 9 this year :)

http://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/degrees/mba/Pages/process.aspx

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 03:54
Just received my admit congratulations email!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 04:04
enkie wrote:

Congratulations, just got one too.

Best of luck everyone else.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 04:08
kickinback wrote:
enkie wrote:

Congratulations, just got one too.

Best of luck everyone else.

Where are you from?? And do you plan to attend the Admitted Student weekend? :D

Congrats to you too. So excited to meet possible classmates for next year!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 04:14
Got the admit email as well! Congratulations to everyone!
Re: Oxford Said Business School 2012 Applicants   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2011, 04:14