Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 11/15/2011 2:37:00 PM EST
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
It's a hellishly long wait for NYU to start releasing interview invites! Not only is their deadline 4 or 5 weeks after most other top schools but they take 3 months to turn around interview invites rather than 6 weeks!

That has to be a part of why their yield is so low - by the time they get a decision out to people some schools will have issued round 2 decisions!

I assume they must release interviews during that period and we don't all have to wait til Jan or Feb before we hear anything at all from them?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
kickinback wrote:
I assume they must release interviews during that period and we don't all have to wait til Jan or Feb before we hear anything at all from them?

When I went to campus I specifically asked a member of the AdCom that question and they said that most, if not all, interview decisions will come out on February 15. There is a slight chance that you can hear before then, but not likely. She also said (because I asked her what to do if we have to make decisions about other programs before the February 15 date) that if you do have other looming deadlines to call and let them know, but they can't make any promises that they will get to make an interview decision before then. Very annoying it's so late.
VP
VP
Send PM
jessikins231 wrote:
kickinback wrote:

When I went to campus I specifically asked a member of the AdCom that question and they said that most, if not all, interview decisions will come out on February 15. There is a slight chance that you can hear before then, but not likely. She also said (because I asked her what to do if we have to make decisions about other programs before the February 15 date) that if you do have other looming deadlines to call and let them know, but they can't make any promises that they will get to make an interview decision before then. Very annoying it's so late.

I think that late interview invites and decision releases are made intentionally to attract only most commited people.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
PTK wrote:
jessikins231 wrote:
kickinback wrote:

I think that late interview invites and decision releases are made intentionally to attract only most commited people.

Oh, I agree, but I'm also not going to turn down another program that gives me an offer just for the possibility that I get an interview from Stern, not even an offer of admission. Makes it difficult.
VP
VP
Send PM
Well in this case yup will withdraw your application and This will not affect the school's yield rate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
i can't believe how slow the activity is on this thread...i thought a lot of people would want to apply to stern. i thought it'd pick up when the deadline approached but still so quiet...

well, anyways...i got a notification this morning that they've received my application and it's being presented to the adcom for review. my supplemental materials that i mailed in were delivered yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
chynaxdawl wrote:
i can't believe how slow the activity is on this thread...i thought a lot of people would want to apply to stern. i thought it'd pick up when the deadline approached but still so quiet...

well, anyways...i got a notification this morning that they've received my application and it's being presented to the adcom for review. my supplemental materials that i mailed in were delivered yesterday.

When did you submit? Just wondering how long it takes after submission.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
i mailed my essay 3 files saturday (11/12) and they were received yesterday (11/17), but i completed my online application on 11/12.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I also got an email today that my application materials were received. I submitted the day before the deadline.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
kickinback wrote:
It's a hellishly long wait for NYU to start releasing interview invites! Not only is their deadline 4 or 5 weeks after most other top schools but they take 3 months to turn around interview invites rather than 6 weeks!

That has to be a part of why their yield is so low - by the time they get a decision out to people some schools will have issued round 2 decisions!

Stern will start sending out interview invites around mid-december and roll them continuously up to the deadline as they review applications. If you check last years spreadsheet you will see quite a few interview invites went out before January. Look at it this way, at most schools you interview then wait another 6 weeks for a decision, Stern usually gets back to you a few weeks after the interview. I would not worry about having to make a decision early, unless you applied to Tuck EA or something most schools will not require a deposit until at least march.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I'm getting a little worried. I FedEx overnighted Essay #3 the night before (confirmed that it would be delivered on the 15th), yet I haven't heard anything back yet- no e-mail. Should I give the admissions office a quick ring or just wait?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
PaulAllen wrote:
I'm getting a little worried. I FedEx overnighted Essay #3 the night before (confirmed that it would be delivered on the 15th), yet I haven't heard anything back yet- no e-mail. Should I give the admissions office a quick ring or just wait?

Give them 2 to 3 weeks before you call them especially since you sent in essay 3. Things are kind of dead here right now so I imagine not much is going to get done this week. Takes them some time to get all the stuff sent in sorted, matched with the right application, and review the application for completeness. I seem to remember someone last year had to wait for around 3 weeks before he got his complete notice and considering this week is pretty much dead because of thanksgiving I would at the very least wait until the end of next week.

-J
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I received an email earlier today saying that Stern had received my application materials. So nothing to do now but wait. And wait. And wait...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Applied ..now long wait
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello guys and experts here!

I agree with people here that this long wait is really more than nailbiting and sleepless nights..!!especially if its one's dream bschool! While just as curious as others,I wanted to share my profile.Please express your opinion on what you think are my chances!

Profile:26yrs/male/Indian/entrepreneur
Work exp:Total eight years in a start up pharma company and family business.(worked full time while attending college)
Undergrad:Bachelor of commerce.(68.5 %)
Gmat score:700(q49 v37)
E/c:Decent

Applied and dinged without interview in 3rd round last year.So,applied again for fall' 12 in round 1.I had the chance to write the goals and reapp essay only and those too were good but not stellar.
Dinged this year at Harvard,Wharton and Booth without inerview.
Also applied to other top tier schools UCLA,Emory and Kellogg(awaiting decision).
Accepted to Simon for the Jan'12 intake but I deferred it.

Given the huge competition and the acceptence rate,especially for stern,and my obvious profile,do you think that I have even a slight chance.?for an interview invite atleast?

Please suggest and thanks a ton for your views in advance!!!Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Am I supposed to receive an email from Stern confirming that they've received my essay #3 and matched it to the rest of my application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts