Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  118   
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
edit

Originally posted by kn2130 on 15 Nov 2011, 20:30.
Last edited by kn2130 on 15 Nov 2011, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
There are a few changes this year. Schools do not decide Consortium membership and there is no single interview process. The Consortium itself handles membership decisions and each applicant must follow the individual schools' interview policies.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
Send PM
Submitted Haas, Ross, Darden, Anderson R1. I think Darden is the only one that looks at them early of this bunch. Anyone know for sure what Ross does?

I submitted for Fuqua R1 two weeks ago, so now I just get to decide what R2's I want to do. I'm thinking of doing just Wharton, and if I hear bad news from Darden perhaps a safety.

Also, does anyone bug the adcoms that they kept in touch with to let them know they submitted? Or is it better to just leave them alone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
So now that some of us have submitted do we just wait to see if we get interview invites? Also, I noticed some school do interviews when applicants visit their open houses? Is this a "good sign" :-D that they are interested or is it common practice :shock: ? Anyway, fingers crossed, money spent, and anxiously...err... patiently waiting
Director
Director
Send PM
djtriptick wrote:
Anyone know for sure what Ross does?

Ross consolidates both Consortium rounds and releases decisions on March 15th. Source
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
I was wondering if I could get some examples of who you used for the mission recommendation. While I fit the mission, I don't have anyone that I can readily contact for a recommendation. I was thinking a family friend? I was also thinking about contacting my former on-campus SHPE chapter, and asking them if they can write me a letter.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
arzad wrote:
I was wondering if I could get some examples of who you used for the mission recommendation. While I fit the mission, I don't have anyone that I can readily contact for a recommendation. I was thinking a family friend? I was also thinking about contacting my former on-campus SHPE chapter, and asking them if they can write me a letter.

Arzad,

Without giving too much info can you give us a brief on what you're currently doing to fulfill the mission? That will help us help you think thru it.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
arzad wrote:

Arzad,

Without giving too much info can you give us a brief on what you're currently doing to fulfill the mission? That will help us help you think thru it.

Thank you TheSenator for the quick response. I used to work for a construction management firm, one of the largest firms in the world. I started in 2006 after I graduated from college. The subcontracts at my local office for minority subcontractors were around 10% in 2006, since then I championed an initiative to steadily increase this percentage up to 30% in 2010. In 2011 the company closed its local office. Now I'm doing construction consulting for a Real Estate Developer.
Back in college I was also actively involved in my college SHPE chapter, where we organized several meets with potential employers and industry executives.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
arzad wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
arzad wrote:

Arzad,

Thank you TheSenator for the quick response. I used to work for a construction management firm, one of the largest firms in the world. I started in 2006 after I graduated from college. The subcontracts at my local office for minority subcontractors were around 10% in 2006, since then I championed an initiative to steadily increase this percentage up to 30% in 2010. In 2011 the company closed its local office. Now I'm doing construction consulting for a Real Estate Developer.
Back in college I was also actively involved in my college SHPE chapter, where we organized several meets with potential employers and industry executives.

Arzad,

I'd try to find and old supervisor or a subcontractor who was a beneficiary. The second would be better as long as they can articulate specifics.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheSenator, Thank you for providing a new perspective.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
arzad wrote:

I would think either of those would be fine. I'll heard of people having their pastor write the mission recommendation. As important as every part of the application is, I would say this is probably the least important because schools don't see the mission essay or mission rec. As long as someone can say you've supported the mission in some way you'll be fine. It's only used for acceptance to the Consortium and 98% of people that are accepted by a member school get into the Consortium. I'd expect it to be even easier to become a member now that the Consortium interview isn't required and it's the Consortium's mission to increase the number of incoming members by 50% within the next few years. I used a lateral co-worker for mine.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mixedin86 wrote:
arzad wrote:

I would think either of those would be fine. I'll heard of people having their pastor write the mission recommendation. As important as every part of the application is, I would say this is probably the least important because schools don't see the mission essay or mission rec. As long as someone can say you've supported the mission in some way you'll be fine. It's only used for acceptance to the Consortium and 98% of people that are accepted by a member school get into the Consortium. I'd expect it to be even easier to become a member now that the Consortium interview isn't required and it's the Consortium's mission to increase the number of incoming members by 50% within the next few years. I used a lateral co-worker for mine.

Thank you mixedin86 for the assurance. I will do my best to have the best credentials.
Chat Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Operations
Send PM
If someone gets rejected through the consortium, do they still have a chance of getting in through regular decision somehow? Or is it really one or the other?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Xgineer wrote:
If someone gets rejected through the consortium, do they still have a chance of getting in through regular decision somehow? Or is it really one or the other?

So here's how it works. You apply to the school through the Consortium. When they review your app it's like any other person's app. Membership in the Consortium is 100% dependent upon admittance to a member school. If you apply to 6 member schools and none of them admit you, then the Consortium process ends there for you. So the Consortium doesn't reject people from a school, the school does that themselves. Once you don't get in, then you're done for this application year. You can't reapply through the school's application.

Hope this helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Well, the waiting game really begins... Just got the e-mail from consortium that everything has been sent to each school.

I don't know if I can wait four months. :crazy:
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
Well, the waiting game really begins... Just got the e-mail from consortium that everything has been sent to each school.

I don't know if I can wait four months. :crazy:

I got the same email this morning. Since Darden is in my list I will hear from them in about a month (hopefully interview before that). What I like about that is that I can choose to do an extra round 2 (at another school) if Darden doesn't work out. Somehow that helps me to be less stressed.

Good luck to us all!
Director
Director
Send PM
I feel for you guys! Thankfully, my decisions are spread out although I didn't plan it this way. Tepper on 12/19, Olin on 1/15, Fuqua on 2/1, Ross on 3/15.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts