Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Corporate Innovation, B2B Marketing
Schools:Kelley (Indiana)
GMAT 2: 720
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hello Dan,

Thank you for helping us with our queries.

I am an international student and I am planning to apply in the priority round (Jan 5th 2012).I will travel to bloomington to attend Kelley Women's Weekend this Friday. A question about the interview - Would it be in my best interest to interview during KWW? I have not scheduled one yet but can try to schedule after your feedback. I understand once I submit the application, interview is by invitation only - is there any difference between open vs by-invite interview ?

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Corporate Innovation, B2B Marketing
Schools:Kelley (Indiana)
GMAT 2: 720
Send PM
mommba wrote:
I am an international student and I am planning to apply in the priority round (Jan 5th 2012).I will travel to bloomington to attend Kelley Women's Weekend this Friday. A question about the interview - Would it be in my best interest to interview during KWW? I have not scheduled one yet but can try to schedule after your feedback. I understand once I submit the application, interview is by invitation only - is there any difference between open vs by-invite interview ?

Speaking strictly about your interview and it's perception by admissions, there really isn't any difference between initiating one yourself and waiting for Kelley to do it. If you're planning on coming back to campus again, doing the interview later is not a problem. However, I would recommend getting as much contact with as many people as possible, as soon as possible. (sorry for all the as's...) Conducting your interview before your application would allow you to discuss it in your application essays, if something interesting occurred.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Can anybody help me find the essay questions in the website? I have spent like 20 mins already just looking for it!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: The Earth organization, India
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations
 Q47  V34 GMAT 2: 680  Q48  V35 GMAT 3: 710  Q48  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: SAP consultant-IT 2 years
WE 2: Entrepreneur-family business 2 years
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
Can anybody help me find the essay questions in the website? I have spent like 20 mins already just looking for it!

Dude its not that hard to find. There is a PDF on the application instruction page. Anyways here it is.

Mandatory:
1. Please discuss your post-MBA short- and long-term professional goals. How will your professional experience, when combined with a Kelley MBA degree, allow you to achieve these goals?
Choose two of the next three:
2. Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced in your professional career. How was it resolved and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Suppose you had to choose three people—people alive now or people from another era—to travel with you on a cross-country automobile trip. Who would you choose and why? What would you hope to learn from them? (Think carefully about the company you want on those long stretches through Nebraska or Kansas.)
4. Describe what there is about your background and your experiences that will contribute to the diversity of the entering class and enhance the educational experience of other students.
Optional:
5. Is there anything else that you think we should know as we evaluate your application? If you believe your credentials and essays represent you fairly, you shouldn't feel obligated to answer this question.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
I got an invite for interview a few minutes ago!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got an interview invite today. :-D

I want to schedule it around 14 days later ? Hope wont look that bad to the adcom ? I am travelling and also need some time to breathe and prepare. I just completed my Smeal application today.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
no one else with an invite ?

adrian - when did u schedule it ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview today over skype. It was with a 2nd year student, very conversational and friendly. Normal questions:

a. Walk me through your resume and a few follow up questions
b. Why Kelley?
c. Describe what it takes to be a good leader and how do you fit with that description?
d. Describe a time when you were creative.
e. Talk about what you do outside work
f. Q&A.

It was around 45 minutes. I really don't like the skype method, but it was difficult for me to travel to Bloomington right now. I prefer to do it on person, but overall I felt it was ok.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
adrianbr wrote:
I had my interview today over skype. It was with a 2nd year student, very conversational and friendly. Normal questions:

a. Walk me through your resume and a few follow up questions
b. Why Kelley?
c. Describe what it takes to be a good leader and how do you fit with that description?
d. Describe a time when you were creative.
e. Talk about what you do outside work
f. Q&A.

It was around 45 minutes. I really don't like the skype method, but it was difficult for me to travel to Bloomington right now. I prefer to do it on person, but overall I felt it was ok.

+1 adrian- and thanks for sharing the experience. Slightly odd to see that not too many leadership questions in there ?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1172 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
One question, can someone throw more light on what are the financing options for the international students ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
All,

Any idea on what they're sending out invites? Anyone with scores of 700+ who've not got invites?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sunnylobo wrote:
All,

Any idea on what they're sending out invites? Anyone with scores of 700+ who've not got invites?

as far as I know most R1 applicants have got invites, interview dates range from Nov 20 to well into December, mine on 28th.

did u submit in time for R1 ? I Knew at least 10 people and most have got invite mail on exactly the same day, I think 10th Nov. Check ur spam-box or something. what is ur profile ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing and Finance (Business Marketing Academy)
Schools:Kelley Class of 2013
 Q49  V38
Send PM
To copy Dan above... :-D

I am also a 1st year at Kelley. I was pretty active here last year when I was applying and found it an invaluable resource. I am happy to answer any questions anyone has, field questions on interviewing, etc. I am not in any way connected with the admissions process :twisted: , so everything can stay between us.

A little bit of Kelley background:
Older (35yo) domestic, double-majoring in Marketing & Finance. I am in our Business Marketing Academy. I am also really tight with pretty much every international student in our class, whether that is India, Latin America, Japan, China, Thailand, Taiwan, etc., so if I can't answer something, i'm sure I know someone who can.

I am truly loving my time here so far at Kelley. We have a truly fabulous group of individuals in our class and school.

Feel free to email me at thomgood@indiana.edu if you like.

Cheers,
Tom Goodwin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
bblast wrote:
Got an interview invite today. :-D

I want to schedule it around 14 days later ? Hope wont look that bad to the adcom ? I am travelling and also need some time to breathe and prepare. I just completed my Smeal application today.

Congratulations. We have recently put a podcast on MBA interviews. Listen to what you need to ace the MBA Interview that may change your life!-

------------------------------------------
Ace that MBA Interview!

The personal interview is a very important step in your efforts to get admission to your dream business school and should not be taken any lighter than the rest of your application; almost every top MBA programs will not accept an applicant without having an interview. The motivation is :

a) to analyse and assess your overall "marketability"
b) to aggressively find the best applicants and sometimes, to keep them away from other competitive schools
c) to pitch their own MBA programs

... read more
-----------------------------------------------

Hope it helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
bblast wrote:
sunnylobo wrote:
All,

as far as I know most R1 applicants have got invites, interview dates range from Nov 20 to well into December, mine on 28th.

did u submit in time for R1 ? I Knew at least 10 people and most have got invite mail on exactly the same day, I think 10th Nov. Check ur spam-box or something. what is ur profile ?

I submitted on Nov1 for R1. Not sure why I haven't yet got my invite. 680/4/IT
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sunnylobo wrote:
bblast wrote:
sunnylobo wrote:
All,

I submitted on Nov1 for R1. Not sure why I haven't yet got my invite. 680/4/IT

As all invites were triggered on the 10th of Nov maybe ur application was not reviewed till then. Keep hopes high and keep us posted !!! Have u made sure that no part of your application was missing ? GMAT/TOEFL ? transcript upload ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hey all I had my interview with a 2nd year.
Most questions were basic, except slight cross questioning on strengths/weakness as to instances when I showed/did not show the traits. A few team situations and my reactions to them.

It was good overall but 2 things :

1>My interviewers voice was not very clear(something with skype) so I had a lot of trouble trying to understand. I made sure I was rephrasing all her questions.

2>It was less interactive and more like a direct question answer session.

Anyways I was confident and gave in best - hoping for a positive result.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts