Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: What GMAT Score Do I need? Any other advice? [#permalink]
I believe that they will consider your undergrad GPA, but you do have an excellent Grad GPA and some good work experience (Along with CPA). I think you could potentially have a shot with any score within the 80% range, but getting a 700+ would definitely show your capabilities academically. The GMAT has been directly correlated to first year MBA success, and a 700 would prove to them that you have what it takes. You've got some really strong pieces, so I would work very hard on your GMAT because it could really help round out your application and help get adcoms to look past you low GPA. It is definitely not the best GPA, but there are many stories of successful applications with even lower GPAs (check out low GPA threads on GMATclub). Recently had a friend get into Kellogg with a 3.1 undergrad, and 690 GMAT, top consulting firm experience. It earned him an interview, and he said he knocked it out of the park (ended up turning down and taking a job in PE instead). He had slighly higher GPA, but no masters, no CPA, maybe slightly better work expereience... anddd... you still have the GMAT in your hands. Good luck

Good luck with the GMAT, and keep studying hard!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Those with decent GPAs would need around 700 (high 600s at a bare, bare minimum) for top 8 schools like Kellogg.
In your case since you didn't have a good GPA (low GPAs are more forgivable for those who were in engineering, since engineering schools tend to grade on a much harsher curve), you will realistically need a 700 at a bare minimum, and ideally 720+ to at least give the adcom some comfort that you are academically on par with the kinds of students who get into the top 8 schools. Other than that, you have a solid profile that would put you in range for top 16 schools (top 8 schools like Kellogg, Tuck, etc are stretches but not long shots; schools like Duke, Ross, Darden, UCLA, etc are sweet spots).

Good luck on the GMAT!!!
GMAT Club Bot