Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:30 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 349 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Sloan '16 (D)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Clueless how I got a 750(Q-50,V-42) [#permalink]
Paulrichards wrote:
hustler22 wrote:
Great score Paul richards. Which schools are you planning to apply to ?

I'm targetting the European schools. One year MBA is what I want to do , so they seem to be good fit for me.
@kostyan
All the best.

Are you applying to SDA Bocconi also ? I was thinking of applying to that school but given the current scenario of the Italian economy, I am really scared of applying there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatgaga wrote:
Are you applying to SDA Bocconi also ? I was thinking of applying to that school but given the current scenario of the Italian economy, I am really scared of applying there.

Haha. Same here. It's better to stay away from Italy at the moment. ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 603 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Verbal 44 is phenomenal- I am stuck at 38 right now :( great job
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Congratulations on your score!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
@Paul
Got any admission decision so far ? Since you're one of the very few candidates here targetting european schools only,I'd be really interested in discussing with you about European schools once you're done with your applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Congratulations Paul. You're a rockstar. Any idea about Emylon ? I recently met one of its representatives in one admission fair in India and he was all praises for the school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
surya02 wrote:
Congratulations Paul. You're a rockstar. Any idea about Emylon ? I recently met one of its representatives in one admission fair in India and he was all praises for the school.

Remember, that any business school representative will be all praises for his school. Even if Hult representatives come, they'll praise the school because at the end of the day, the gotta sell their schools because if they don't , how will they make money. So one needs to be judicious
Regarding Emlyon, it's not very well known outside France. I'm not even sure about the average GMAT and other stats for the school because they don't publish them. Basically, it's not a tier 1 or tier 2 schools, it's one of those safety schools which you would want to look at if you're unable to make it anywhere.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Paulrichards wrote:
Remember, that any business school representative will be all praises for his school. Even if Hult representatives come, they'll praise the school because at the end of the day, the gotta sell their schools because if they don't , how will they make money. So one needs to be judicious
Regarding Emlyon, it's not very well known outside France. I'm not even sure about the average GMAT and other stats for the school because they don't publish them. Basically, it's not a tier 1 or tier 2 schools, it's one of those safety schools which you would want to look at if you're unable to make it anywhere.

Good advice. One needs to be wise enough to distinguish the good from the bad ones lest you want to regret your decision later . MBA is a huge investment in terms of time, money and efforts and a bad decision can put you back on all these three areas.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Awesome job and great debrief!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Paulrichards wrote:
surya02 wrote:

Very good advice. I recently met a representative of University of Texas,Dallas at an MBA fair. The way she talked about the school made it appear as though it is the best school out there. Came back home and checked the rankings and it did not even figure even in the top 50 schools . So one has to do a thorough search before making any decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
So where are you finally heading to Paul ? Which continent, which country or rather which business school ? :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Great debrief. Where are you finally headed to ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Nice job. Seems like Paul has already headed to a nice place, where there is no access to gmatclub to satiate the curiosity of the members here as to where he currently is! :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Am sorry guys. Haven't been able to respond here for quite sometime. I got admits from IE Spain and HEC Paris. I am headed to HEC as the brand value of the school is great and I always wanted to understand the french culture, not to mention learning French. I think the school is great and some of the fellow applicants whom I have met seem to be really great. I am really excited about joining the school. I thank you all folks here for the great amount of support this forum provided me . Thanks a lot to all you great people out here.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Whoa! HEC Paris is a great school. I'm sure that you are going to have a great time at the school . Did you also,by the way, apply to INSEAD ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm so happy to hear this great news. :) :) :) Many many congratulations. Have sent you a PM . Would be glad if you can reply to it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shovitdhar wrote:
Whoa! HEC Paris is a great school. I'm sure that you are going to have a great time at the school . Did you also,by the way, apply to INSEAD ?

Yes, had applied to INSEAD as well but couldn't convert it into an admit. But I'm equally happy with HEC also. The schools are almost in the same league though INSEAD is almost always at the top in Europe followed by LBS and then HEC. So all in all, I think I'm glad to have gotten through HEC.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts