Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:26 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [4]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Wharton, Columbia, LBS, Kellogg, Tuck
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
@rechardql - Can you share your experience regarding how the Booth waitlist moves? I'm curious to know if Booth will indeed release decisions only with R2 decisions or if there is any possibility of receiving them any sooner..A 3 month wait really seems like torture!

Also, what are your thoughts regarding the new "optional" video they are asking for? Was there anything similar last year?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton, Columbia, LBS, Kellogg, Tuck
Send PM
scorpionz wrote:
@rechardql - Can you share your experience regarding how the Booth waitlist moves? I'm curious to know if Booth will indeed release decisions only with R2 decisions or if there is any possibility of receiving them any sooner..A 3 month wait really seems like torture!

Also, what are your thoughts regarding the new "optional" video they are asking for? Was there anything similar last year?

The optional video stuff is completely new this year; last year, they didn't specify their preference of the format of updated information from WLers.
In terms of the time frame, it's long process. In round 2, some WLers got off, ending up either with a ding or an admit; others remained on the list until late May, when the school sent off a few admits and dings. The rest waited until June or July to receive the school's final decisions.
The chances of converting WL to an admit can vary a lot from year to year, and from country to country (US applicants have much higher possibility to get admitted)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
@rechardql - Thanks for the info!

Has anyone been able to gather any thoughts around the video thing yet? I'm drawing a complete blank so far!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
I have no idea about the video at this moment either. Should we take a video of ourselves? work related or anything else interesting?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
I think I'm going to retake the GMAT and try to get my Quant score up. I'm not sure if it will help, but at least I will feel like I did everything I could.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Oh lord, I don't know where to start on this. Really. 90 seconds?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
+1 confused about the video thing too. I am going to ask Booth students and if i have any new info, i will update you guys here. Good luck to all of us!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I wonder about the video, if it's just a means of really understanding the candidate, as opposed to the carefully crafted message that a consultant has helped them package?

I don't know how many of my fellow applicants have used consultants to prepare their applications, but given the number of them out there, I imagine it must be quite a few.

*Sigh* I have a few ideas on how to put the video together, the real question for me is what to say.The waitlist email indicated that we're all qualified. So are they just looking for a sincere expression of interest?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Does anybody know whether there is a due date for the video or any other material? Do you think we should submit it by Rd 2 deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
Does anybody know whether there is a due date for the video or any other material? Do you think we should submit it by Rd 2 deadline?

I emailed the general admissions email address and they said to check the Waitlist email and the Blog... I don't see anything on the email about dates, so I guess we just wait for a new blog post? I was thinking about submitting my video around the mid-decision date for R2 - February 15.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lemonems wrote:
tlbkcal wrote:

I emailed the general admissions email address and they said to check the Waitlist email and the Blog... I don't see anything on the email about dates, so I guess we just wait for a new blog post? I was thinking about submitting my video around the mid-decision date for R2 - February 15.

I have no idea what the date is, but i would shoot for jan/feb.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
I really want to rap about why I want to go to Booth, but for some reason I think that may not be construed all that well.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
lemonems wrote:
tlbkcal wrote:

I have no idea what the date is, but i would shoot for jan/feb.

Well I remember from the waitlist mail that there was some reference to the video upload link functionality to be enabled shortly. Don't remember the exact words though..

I'm guessing that the do's & dont's that are published once the link is activated might give us some more clues..Or at least I'm hoping so!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jessikins231 wrote:
I really want to rap about why I want to go to Booth, but for some reason I think that may not be construed all that well.

Ha ha...Well if you're good at it, I don't see a reason why that shouldn't do the trick!! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
lemonems wrote:
I think I'm going to retake the GMAT and try to get my Quant score up. I'm not sure if it will help, but at least I will feel like I did everything I could.

While that is a great idea, I would wanna be careful regarding the timelines. We know that the waitlist decisions will be coming in with R2 results. However, we don't know when or how will our apps be evaluated wrt to R2 apps. Hence you would have to prepare quickly and give your GMAT in max 1.5-2 months so that the ad com gets sufficient time to re-evaluate your case using the updated scores..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Does anyone know if Booth has the concept of a "waitlist manager"? In Kellogg, a waitlist manager is assigned to every waitlister and one is expected to reach out to him/her to discuss updates or seek information..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
scorpionz wrote:
lemonems wrote:

While that is a great idea, I would wanna be careful regarding the timelines. We know that the waitlist decisions will be coming in with R2 results. However, we don't know when or how will our apps be evaluated wrt to R2 apps. Hence you would have to prepare quickly and give your GMAT in max 1.5-2 months so that the ad com gets sufficient time to re-evaluate your case using the updated scores..

I agree, I would expect that decisions on our candidacy should be made earlier in the R2 process because we would have already had our apps reviewed and interviews submitted. All they will have to do is evaluate the pool against our profiles. So, I would expect the decision to be easy for some of the waitlisters, harder for others, depending on what the school is looking for.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22