Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 375 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
tuckorbust wrote:
maidinindya2 wrote:
Got the call today morning (about 10am EST). In with $$

Received my call on Thursday from Dawna.

How do you know if you got $$? Nothing on my acceptance letter.

You would be told when you received the call.
Current Student
Send PM
Turbonash6 wrote:
gorkha wrote:
Ding, with a message saying that they pro-actively only give 10% of apps feedback. Since it is my number 1 choice def going to hit them up for it! Best of luck everyone, this forum was really useful.

Not sure I understand...does this mean unless they stated that they would give feedback, that they won't? half the reason I applied this year was so I could know how to improve my chances for next year.....which is when I really intended on applying to all my other schools

That is correct but that's not to say you don't have a chance next year if you weren't selected for feedback.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V42
Send PM
Reject! Dissappointed, but my rejection letter says ' Of the applications we reviewed this round, the admissions committee felt that your candidacy showed significant potential and merited encouragement. Therefore, if you plan to re-apply next year and would like to receive feedback on ways in which you could strengthen a future application to Tuck, a member of the admissions committee would be happy to provide you with a coaching session"

Did everyone get this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
salilsabir wrote:
Reject! Dissappointed, but my rejection letter says ' Of the applications we reviewed this round, the admissions committee felt that your candidacy showed significant potential and merited encouragement. Therefore, if you plan to re-apply next year and would like to receive feedback on ways in which you could strengthen a future application to Tuck, a member of the admissions committee would be happy to provide you with a coaching session"

Did everyone get this?

No I got the plain rejection. Something different than this. If you don't mind what is your age?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT Date: 01-13-2010
Send PM
WL
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Plain ding! Nothing about feedback and all :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I am not sure if the numbers are right..but going by the figures on Page 1 the number of accepted applicants in EA is very very less as compared to previous years....Can any current student or adcomm throw some light here?
Also, for the WL candidates, can some create a new thread for us to discuss future movements..I m new o this forum and no sure how o create a new thread/discussion
Intern
Intern
Send PM
waitlist... the reply said the review will be taken place again at the end of admission cycle (Jun-Jul).... but I am an international applicant... the chance seems so slim to me!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
app2012 wrote:
salilsabir wrote:

Did everyone get this?

No I got the plain rejection. Something different than this. If you don't mind what is your age?

Im 24 years old. But how does that matter?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2012
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
salilsabir wrote:
app2012 wrote:
salilsabir wrote:

Did everyone get this?

Im 24 years old. But how does that matter?

Whoahh probably they feel you lack just a bit more experience. You must have done very well in your application overall.
Do you plan to reapply?
Current Student
Send PM
salilsabir wrote:

Did everyone get this?

Only a small number from what I've read on these boards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Whoahh probably they feel you lack just a bit more experience. You must have done very well in your application overall.
Do you plan to reapply?[/quote][/quote]

Well i definitely plan on reapplying and yes i have just 2 years and 4 months of experience as of today... so i hope that was the major concern and nothing else (read :GMAT 710) Anyway all the best to all November round applicants. I truly hope you guys make it up to Hanover.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Tuck2013 wrote:
salilsabir wrote:

Did everyone get this?

Only a small number from what I've read on these boards.

Hi,

Has any one who has not been invited to an interview / not interviewed got this statement (of showing significant potential) with their rejection letter? I assume this is only for the people who were interviewed since not being invited to interview itself is considered negative! Am I right on this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
looks like more dings than dongs :( getting nervous...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
hi everyone,

i am an accepted candidate (with $) from this year, however, i am a reapplicant so i know EXACTLY what you guys are going through right now. i applied jan round last year and was dinged. i did not receive any sort of special note suggesting that they highly encourage me to reapply or to receive feedback. i just emailed the adcom on my own and requested a feedback call, and they were kind enough to give me a detailed 20-minute call that explained the weaknesses in my application and what they would like me to address if i reapply. so i have a few thoughts for those of you that were dinged this year:

- if tuck is your top choice, as it was mine, by all means reapply!
- if you did not receive a "special" letter, do not be disheartened, be proactive and you will most likely get the same call and chance that any other reapplicant gets
- if you plan to reapply and want to hear my story, i am happy to share it and help anyone who wants to get in next year. just personal message me and i will help you on the reapplication journey.

good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
laseratti wrote:
hi everyone,

i am an accepted candidate (with $) from this year, however, i am a reapplicant so i know EXACTLY what you guys are going through right now. i applied jan round last year and was dinged. i did not receive any sort of special note suggesting that they highly encourage me to reapply or to receive feedback. i just emailed the adcom on my own and requested a feedback call, and they were kind enough to give me a detailed 20-minute call that explained the weaknesses in my application and what they would like me to address if i reapply. so i have a few thoughts for those of you that were dinged this year:

- if tuck is your top choice, as it was mine, by all means reapply!
- if you did not receive a "special" letter, do not be disheartened, be proactive and you will most likely get the same call and chance that any other reapplicant gets
- if you plan to reapply and want to hear my story, i am happy to share it and help anyone who wants to get in next year. just personal message me and i will help you on the reapplication journey.

good luck!

I got a rejection letter from TUCK this year and TUCK is definitely my top choice. However, I found myself did a great work during the application and result was such a great shock for me. Your post is really a great encouragement. Now I'm really confused if I should reapply TUCK or choose to pursue other school in the 2nd round this year. Can you give me some advice or how can I get contact with u? Much thks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Investment Banking (Venture Capital)
Send PM

Originally posted by washingtondc627 on 18 Dec 2011, 16:07.
Last edited by washingtondc627 on 05 Jan 2012, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts