Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: Sloan '14 (S)
Send PM
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Guys,
Appreciate your prompt responses. Your arguments make a lot of sense and I probably will just continue to wait.
To give all of ourselves some hope, I did a survey of Haas Berkeley 2011 - Calling All Applicants. Interview calls
were sent at-least until Early Jan. So I am optimistic that people (hopefully me too) will continue to receive calls.
However, what we do not know is the admit percentage of people who get late interviews. A very unscientific survey
based on trolling the web suggests that applicants who get late interviews invariably get dinged. Maybe applicants
who get late interviews are people who are low on the priority list and AdCom will admit them only if they kill in the
interview.
And if all of this leaves you wondering, how any of this is uplifting, please picture me bathed in shame
and confusion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Whoa whoa whoa they might have wrapped up R1 on-campus interviews last week but there's still almost a month for off-campus interviews before decision day. The interview invites only started going out in mid-November as I recall and they may go out right up until the end. There's a good chance they are still evaluating the last of the apps and I wouldn't think those are necessarily the ones that are of poorer quality. Do they mix them all up or go in submission order? I submitted mine the day they were due for R1 so maybe that's why I haven't heard anything yet. Let's stay positive about our chances and everyone else's.

Do people get into Haas at any time if they don't kill the interview? Haas gets so many high-GMAT, high-GPA applications for a relatively small incoming class, I don't think they take people who don't have the personality and cultural fit to go with the credentials. They seem genuine about the four pillars. This is just what I think based on my experience meeting staffers, current students and alums. Lots of dynamic and memorable personalities. I'm glad I've already done an interview for another program because at least when and if Haas contacts me, I will be a little more prepared. Finding out later could be a good thing. And being waitlisted is always a possibility and better than a ding :)

I do wish that they would tell the people who are being dinged without an interview before Jan. 12 though. So those people could grieve and move on.

Because I was feeling like I was a little too focused on my first-world problems of the ups and downs of applying to b-school, I collected several boxes of canned food and toiletries and cash and gift card donations for a local nonprofit in the last several weeks from friends, family and co-workers. Maybe I can inspire someone else on here to do something for others in their community this holiday season too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I really hope Haas isn't done with R1 interviews. I am actually a re-applicant. Last year, I applied and got an interview invite in November, and then got waitlisted. I stayed on the waitlist until the very end in July, and then finally got the rejection. I applied again this year, but still no interview invite, which has me down at the moment. But, if I could get on the waitlist last year, and since my GMAT is better this year than then, I'm hoping that I can get the interview again this cycle. Fingers crossed for me and for all the rest of you waiting as well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh, and I just got rejected from Kellogg =( ... So, I really, really hope Haas interviews aren't over yet!

mbahopeful2012haas wrote:
I really hope Haas isn't done with R1 interviews. I am actually a re-applicant. Last year, I applied and got an interview invite in November, and then got waitlisted. I stayed on the waitlist until the very end in July, and then finally got the rejection. I applied again this year, but still no interview invite, which has me down at the moment. But, if I could get on the waitlist last year, and since my GMAT is better this year than then, I'm hoping that I can get the interview again this cycle. Fingers crossed for me and for all the rest of you waiting as well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Mbahopeful,
Keep the faith. Also I think that your reapplication and determination to get in is very admirable. One way or the other, with or without, you can still do well!
Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.63
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I was wondering what the lead time is between submission and an invite to interview? I submitted a R2 application (deadline: Dec 1). When is a good time to start panicking? Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if the application status is supposed to change after you've interviewed? I interviewed just over a week ago and it still says invited to interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
Send PM
matt753 wrote:
Does anyone know if the application status is supposed to change after you've interviewed? I interviewed just over a week ago and it still says invited to interview.

Mine says the same! I did my interview like three weeks ago haha
Intern
Intern
Send PM
taffy97 wrote:
matt753 wrote:

Thanks taffy97, good to know. I guess it will change no matter what in less than a month!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
matt753 wrote:
taffy97 wrote:
matt753 wrote:

Thanks taffy97, good to know. I guess it will change no matter what in less than a month!

I interviewd on 11/21 and called adcom last week about my application status still hanging on "invited to interview". I was told it would remain like this until decisions came out in Jan. Just make sure that you check the notes under your status to see if you need to submit anything else like official transcripts for instance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Send PM
Hey all,

I'm applying round 3 and had a question about the application. When filling out the employment history page, the application asks for "Responsibilities/Key Accomplishments".

Did you choose to use this as an additional essay, similar in nature to the "most significant accomplishment" or did you keep this fairly high level and general? It doesn't appear that there is a word limit on this entry. Right now I've kept it fairly high level, but was thinking about adding a personal anecdote or two for key accomplishments (although I my most significant accomplishment essay is a work accomplishment). What did those that have already applied choose to do/what are you planning on doing if you haven't applied yet?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
Send PM
once again, are there ANY INDIAN APPLICANTS invited for interview so far?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
sfmatt85 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm applying round 3 and had a question about the application. When filling out the employment history page, the application asks for "Responsibilities/Key Accomplishments".

Did you choose to use this as an additional essay, similar in nature to the "most significant accomplishment" or did you keep this fairly high level and general? It doesn't appear that there is a word limit on this entry. Right now I've kept it fairly high level, but was thinking about adding a personal anecdote or two for key accomplishments (although I my most significant accomplishment essay is a work accomplishment). What did those that have already applied choose to do/what are you planning on doing if you haven't applied yet?

Hi sfmatt,
Submitted R2 intl applicant here.
If I am not wrong, the application asked for "Responsibilities" only. I mean as far as I remember, it didn't ask about "Key accomplishments". So, I kept it pretty high level and general.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Just got back from a coffee chat in my city hosted by a 2nd year student. It was very informal but a great way to get information about Haas' academic and EC opportunities from a student's perspective. Also I think interacting with current students can give a slight idea of what your classmates might be like. If any R2 applicants know of a coffee chat happening near them I highly recommend going.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to switch an application from part-time to full-time? My recommenders have submitted and I am working on the essays, but after further analyzing my goals, I really feel that the full-time program would better suit me. The essays seem to be the same, and I'm assuming the recommendation questions, etc. would be the same as well. I don't want to appear indecisive to the AdCom, so if they were to say no, and that hurts my part time app, then I dont want to do it. Any thoughts?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V800
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to switch an application from part-time to full-time? My recommenders have submitted and I am working on the essays, but after further analyzing my goals, I really feel that the full-time program would better suit me. The essays seem to be the same, and I'm assuming the recommendation questions, etc. would be the same as well. I don't want to appear indecisive to the AdCom, so if they were to say no, and that hurts my part time app, then I dont want to do it. Any thoughts?

I doubt it's possible to switch your app. I think you'd have to create a fresh app for the FT MBA program, and discard the other one, which means you'd have to ask your recommenders to submit their recos again. I'm assuming you have not yet submitted your app, in which case it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, even if it's possible to switch, I would advise against it because the recommenders' comments & tone would surely be different if you were applying to the FT program than if you were applying for the PT program.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.65
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Anyone who did their undergrad at Cal having difficulty sending official transcripts to Haas? The online system will only let me send my transcript to the graduate office, not directly to Haas Admissions.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts