Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
djtriptick wrote:
On Wednesday I received a Berkeley Haas Super Saturday Invite by email. Super Saturday is on February 4th, and is for out of town applicants. I'm still in CA, so a little surprised to get a super Saturday invite, but very happy to receive it! I have to admit that my spirits are still not what they were pre-Darden ding, but I'm trying to be optimistic about Haas.

I'll admit to ranking Haas 1st, so I don't know how that factors into this whole thing. Did any other R1 consortium applicants get an invite? Will I be seeing any of you there?

Since I won't have to take the day off to interview I plan to take a day to sit on classes since I have only visited for their diversity Saturday event so far.

I did notice the UCLA Anderson invites (which I have not received), and I didn't know that they let R1 consortium applicants know so soon about decisions. I haven't done a visit yet so I guess I really need to do that soon if it is going to make any difference. (Its an easy visit for me to make).

Congrat DJ

I hope to get that invite when ever they get to RD 2 applicants. I'm sure you're going to kill it! Did they give you a location option for you interview, or did you just get an email outlining telling you about Super Saturday, be there? I'm in Houston, but I would prefer to interview on-campus.

I went to Haas' diversity event as well, I thought they did a good job at the event, but it was already my top choice so it didn't take much to keep me happy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Thanks guys, and thanks cheetarah, you've definitely answered a few of my many questions! Congrats to you too Johnny. I had some admits already, but this is the first one that made me pop open a bottle. 8-) .
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Congrats to all the R1 peeps getting admits!!! :) I am very excited for you guys! Forget about the dings, all of you got into good schools.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Yessssss, congrats to all the Johnson admits! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
A friendly reminder:

For those of you who have recently updated your profile. PLEASE make sure the cycle within which you are applying is 2011-2012, not 2012-2013.

The year in the update profile function was automatically switched after January 1 to the 2012-2013 application cycle and it may have affected the capture of your information on our roll call.

Also, please DOUBLE-CHECK that you indicated you are applying 'CGSM2' if you are a Round 2 applicant.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to the Johnson admits!! And thank you for spoiling my weekend, LOL. I'm still waiting, I'm trying to be optimistic considering the decision date isn't until Thurs. Where did some of the admits rank Johnson if you don't mind me asking? I'm hoping that maybe just some of the scholarship potentials got the early call. Did your status change on the Cornell website? Congrats again all. Keep it up!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
btsl84 wrote:
Congrats to the Johnson admits!! And thank you for spoiling my weekend, LOL. I'm still waiting, I'm trying to be optimistic considering the decision date isn't until Thurs. Where did some of the admits rank Johnson if you don't mind me asking? I'm hoping that maybe just some of the scholarship potentials got the early call. Did your status change on the Cornell website? Congrats again all. Keep it up!

I'm in the same boat as you btsl84, just over here trying to keep hope alive! haha. I see we have nearly identical GMAT and GPA too! At least you have one admit under your belt; I'm over here about to have a nervous breakdown :| where did you rank Johnson? they're my #1 so if i'm dinged it's going to sting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
I really do feel for you since you got them as #1, maybe they know they can pull you in regardless of scholarship or not. I'm moving forward on the assumption that scholarship weekend folks got the early notification. I accidentally ranked them 3 when I meant to rank them 2 so I was kicking myself for that but your #1 rank makes me feel slightly better about the mishap. Still, I think we are in good shape and should not be concerned until we hear a bunch of other folks getting admits before the decision date. I got a really good vibe from them throughout the process. PM me if your'e interested in details.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mixedin86 wrote:
btsl84 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you btsl84, just over here trying to keep hope alive! haha. I see we have nearly identical GMAT and GPA too! At least you have one admit under your belt; I'm over here about to have a nervous breakdown :| where did you rank Johnson? they're my #1 so if i'm dinged it's going to sting.

Hey guys, don't hang your heads at all. If you look at when most of the calls were made they were LATE in the day. In all likely hood on Monday and Tuesday more will be going out. Another thing about Cornell specifically with regards to rankings; In my visit there and talks with adcoms they are so much less sensitive about rankings than other schools. I firmly believe they are interested in attracting top tier diverse talent over where applicants rank them. This may not be the case for other schools out there, but Johnson seems to be willing to show a lot of love regardless of if you've have them #1 or #3. And who knows, they may do something similar to Michigan and blank out the rankings.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mixedin86 wrote:
btsl84 wrote:

Hang in there mixedin86 and btsl84. I know what it's like to not be on the call list on the first day. It screws with your head and makes you doubt your chances. Kellogg started calling admits on a Monday and I didn't get the call til late Tuesday afternoon. I was going out of my mind. Also they were releasing rejections and waitlist notifications at the same time. I was hot mess trying to will my phone to ring while praying a status change email wouldn't arrive first. Miserable. But the call did come and all was right with the world.

I know it's difficult, but try to put it out of your mind. Calls JUST started and they WILL continue. It does you no good to try and figure out why some people were called Friday night. Just assume there's no rhyme or reason. I will say that Johnson's timing could have been a bit better. A weekend can feel like an eternity. Just breathe. We're all pulling for you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Looks as if the Consortium is STILL accepting applications past the deadline according to their twitter feed... Not sure how I feel about this. :|

On a side note, did anyone opt to do the video essay for the Tuck School?
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
Just got my confirmation that my application is complete and ready to be sent out to schools!

This is going to be a crazy 2 weeks for me! I will be looking at my phone every 20 minutes for an email! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
Just got my confirmation that my application is complete and ready to be sent out to schools!

This is going to be a crazy 2 weeks for me! I will be looking at my phone every 20 minutes for an email! :)

Same here...
This is exciting!
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
iamvolitant wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:

Same here...
This is exciting!

What schools did you apply for? If you don't mind me asking?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:

Stern, Johnson, Yale, Tuck, Marshall, Tepper

Figured I might as well go all 6 :)

You?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
Looks as if the Consortium is STILL accepting applications past the deadline according to their twitter feed... Not sure how I feel about this. :|

On a side note, did anyone opt to do the video essay for the Tuck School?

Their official website has always said that late applications will be accepted but it significantly reduces your chance at a fellowship. I know that the Consortium is trying to give as many people as possible a shot at getting into these schools, but I do think it has a CPT vibe to it. Deadlines are deadlines. But then again the Consortium still flies under the radar and some people who have been working on R2 apps may have only recently discovered it. Oh I don't know what I think :?
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
iamvolitant wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:

Stern, Johnson, Yale, Tuck, Marshall, Tepper

Figured I might as well go all 6 :)

You?

Wow. Seems like you applied to 10 schools! And your 2+2 indicates youre still in school!

How did you rank them?

I have

1. Dartmouth
2. Cornell
3. Yale
4. Indiana
5. UCLA
6. Virginia
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26  ...  118   
Moderators: