Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [2]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Appllying for round 1 IMD

Originally posted by KIRANR9P on 21 Dec 2011, 16:15.
Last edited by KIRANR9P on 07 Feb 2012, 10:24, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
isn't it true that IMD only admits 90 students a year? how can one realistically expect to get admitted into an international school of such reputation?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
isn't it true that IMD only admits 90 students a year? how can one realistically expect to get admitted into an international school of such reputation?

I am replying to this assuming this wasnt a rhetorical question. :)
Yes..IMD admits only 90 students each year. IMD focusses a lot on the leadership potential of the candidates. If you can demonstrate that through your apps and the 1 day long assessment interview...you are in...if you see the averages...the class is made up of highly diverese and experienced individuals...
In the end it is all about...how you position yourself via your essays/application..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1074 [0]
Schools:MIT / INSEAD / IIM - ABC
 Q48  V32
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Applying in R1 with following profile

GMAT-> 660: 48Q / 32V AWA: 5/6
WE (by Jan-2013): 7.5yrs
Area of WE: Research, Consulting & Advisory
Nationality: Indian
Education: Undergrad (Engineering) & Masters (Management from US)
Extra-curricular: Studied and travelled extensibly; Worked as a Martial Arts instructor and worked for an NGO for substantial amount of time
---------------------------------------

I wrote an e-mail a week back to IMD AdCom about assessing my chances but didn't hear from the team till now? IMD Off Rep, can you help?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,
My name is Thibaut, i am French and i am a 2012 MBA candidate. We have just started the year in Lausanne yesterday and already had to pick our choice for the start-up project (presented this morning and deadline by 8pm tonite...) !
I am writing here because last year during the application process, the GMATclub forum had been a wonderful place to share experiences and get some comfort and motivation, especially during the essay writing periods...
I applied for R1 2011 and got accepted in March. You can check my posts from last year.
So if you have any question for a current candidate please shoot.

One advice though. If you are serious about IMD, please apply as early as possible because they look for different profiles and will not have 2 people in the class with the same background i'd say. For example, for our year, Russians have applied a lot and got accepted early so (4 this year i think) so it was nearly impossible to get a spot later on.
We have 48 nationalities out of 90.

Thibaut
Manager
Manager
Send PM
IMD2012T wrote:
Hello,
My name is Thibaut, i am French and i am a 2012 MBA candidate. We have just started the year in Lausanne yesterday and already had to pick our choice for the start-up project (presented this morning and deadline by 8pm tonite...) !
I am writing here because last year during the application process, the GMATclub forum had been a wonderful place to share experiences and get some comfort and motivation, especially during the essay writing periods...
I applied for R1 2011 and got accepted in March. You can check my posts from last year.
So if you have any question for a current candidate please shoot.

One advice though. If you are serious about IMD, please apply as early as possible because they look for different profiles and will not have 2 people in the class with the same background i'd say. For example, for our year, Russians have applied a lot and got accepted early so (4 this year i think) so it was nearly impossible to get a spot later on.
We have 48 nationalities out of 90.

Thibaut

Thibaut,
Thanks for coming to this thread! We appreciate your time taken from a very busy schedule in IMD. This school has been my top choice since a long time! I have started this thread specifically to collaborate with fellow aspirants. And now with a current student, I am sure a lot of us will benifit from your experience.

If you dont mind, can you please share your profile with us.

I am an Indian with a IT background with close to 10 years of experience. I come from a very typical pool of applicants and thats what makes it much harder. However, given my interest and vast experience, I hope to submit a strong application.

I also wanted to know about what impact the current economic scenario in europe is having on IMD? Specifically in terms of industry consulting projects that IMD focusses so much on..

Thanks,
Ankur
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V42
Send PM
Hi all,

A quick question: From going through the IMD website, it looks like you have to post your transcripts to IMD - i.e. not upload it as part of the application. Have I misunderstood something, or is this the case?

If so, then how far in advance of the deadline would be a safe time to send the transcripts, photos etc?

Thanks...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all,

Applying for round 1!!!
Actually, I have already submitted my application. Just waiting my recommenders to fill in their form (ahhhh they are so lazyyyy ;) )

My profile: M/32/GMAT 680/8 years WE in manufacturing/Project management/General management / Currently factory manager in central africa / Graduated from an Engineering school in France!!!

I have also applied to INSEAD (R2) and got invited for interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry guys, IMD is pressuring us a lot ! It has been a bit crazy since we started. We have lectures or group study mostly doing 8am to midnight even on the weekend (i am at IMD now after having visited our start up this morning). And then we have individual assignments ;-)
So my profile is here :
32/ French / MS Aerospace Eng (Supaero)
Experience in US (2 years in space policy/French Embassy), Thailand and France (7 years in telecommunication with a company I co-funded).
GMAT 750

About the current market situation, it will for sure have an impact on all MBA's but normally it impacts first the consulting and financial sectors and at the end the industry sector (where most IMD MBA would go). Then in Switzerland, the crises has not been very bad so far (but if the exchange rate stays like this it could become).
IMD has a small class of 90 (compared to 1012 at INSEAD this year) so I do not think it is a problem to find a job. The problem is more to know the job you want !

Yes you need to send the real transcript to IMD (or certified copies). They will also do a background check on all your experiences.

hope this help and good luck to those who are writing their essays now. I know it 's tough !

Thibaut
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Submitted the application. Now the waiting starts ! All the best for everyone applying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
For those who are interested in MBA rankings. You can look at our program director's blog about last IMD's ranking in the FT (from 14th to 13th).
https://blogs.imd.ch/mbaprogramdirector/ ... them-.aspx

Thibaut
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
KIRANR9P wrote:
Submitted the application. Now the waiting starts ! All the best for everyone applying.

Count me in.. 32/m/india.. 7 yrs exp. in infrastructure industry, consulting and PE...700 GMAT..Already dinged by INSEAD and LBS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hello rajatar

Sorry to hear that you were dinged from LBS and Insead. Why do you think they dinged you ?
Thibaut
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey rajatar,

Welcome !!! I have interview invites for both Insead and LBS but still IMD is certainly my top choice!

You still have a great shot ;)

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi Everyone
I have also applied to round 1.
My profile is as follows:
Spanish, 32y, 730 GMAT.
Atypical profile regarding work experience: 2-3y WE at a company (cosmetics/biotech doing business development)
But I have a PhD in Biophysics from MIT in Boston, where I studied and did research for 7 years. That is much harder and a more of a transformational experience that any job, just that the story needs to be communicated properly so AdCom take it as relevant work experience...
My goals are to combine my scientific knowledge with the business and leadership skills to become and entrepreneur in the Bio field.
Thibaut, any people with a similar story in your class?
Thanks
Ramon
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
ramonsalsas wrote:
Hi Everyone
I have also applied to round 1.
My profile is as follows:
Spanish, 32y, 730 GMAT.
Atypical profile regarding work experience: 2-3y WE at a company (cosmetics/biotech doing business development)
But I have a PhD in Biophysics from MIT in Boston, where I studied and did research for 7 years. That is much harder and a more of a transformational experience that any job, just that the story needs to be communicated properly so AdCom take it as relevant work experience...
My goals are to combine my scientific knowledge with the business and leadership skills to become and entrepreneur in the Bio field.
Thibaut, any people with a similar story in your class?
Thanks
Ramon

Hi Ramon. Your profile is indeed atypical and may catch the curiosity of IMD. 2-3 year WE is normally not enough for IMD. But if you can demonstrate maturity and business mindset I think they may give you a shot. Research can be considered WE in my view but focus on the business impact of your research. We have at least one student from MIT in our class this year. You seem to have impressive academic records. Now focus on showing that you have leadership potential and a business mindset in your interviews.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
Schools: LBS '14 (I)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 2.5
WE:Investment Banking (Telecommunications)
Send PM
why is someone already invited to interview? IMD says it takes 3-6 weeks to review the applications.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts