Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [3]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: stuck at 620... target 680-700...exam on 15th feb [#permalink]
Me too On the same Boat, struggling at 610-620,Even i do many silly mistakes when i review i almost crack every question...i don't know what's going wrong during exam time...My Exam is on Feb 3rd 2012 more 8 days to go donno what to do...confused regarding postponing the exam.. :cry: ...any Expert's suggestions are appreciated
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
kotela wrote:
Me too On the same Boat, struggling at 610-620,Even i do many silly mistakes when i review i almost crack every question...i don't know what's going wrong during exam time...My Exam is on Feb 3rd 2012 more 8 days to go donno what to do...confused regarding postponing the exam.. :cry: ...any Expert's suggestions are appreciated

Well, if you don't want a 620 or 650 then you should reschedule. I don't think anything magical will happen before then (though there are glitches and there is a 40 point error built into the GMAT).

You need to either take a pause before you jump to answer the questions or take one at the end to take a brisk last look to see if you have messed anything up.

Build a check list of errors and run through them. If you make dumb mistakes - create a check list to make sure you don't.... the point - eliminate your weaknesses and address your mistakes. Whatever it takes. Usually this means hard work, creating written notes, studying subjects in-depth, etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
best advice i got to correct dumb mistakes... write out every step of the solution... do not try and do math in your head ... write it all out... it has helped a lot
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thanks everyone for your inputs.

does consistency of 43/44 in four mgmats give better assurance for possible 44 in real gmat , i know there are thousand things beyond the score of 44 in mgmat ?, just trying to understand if my consistency in four exams is somewhat assuring 44 in real gmat... i would start giving more time to verbal now ?

I mean i have two options... to take Quant 44 to 47 ==== i believe this is somewhat possible because i make a lot of mistakes in DS, and i was weak in geometry, combi, probability and inequalities... so i would focus on these topics for two days and will try to improve from 44-47.

I have to increase my verbal considerably from 33/34 to 37/38 to reach to that 700 score fig, for which i am going to keep on revising my SC, second priority will be on CR and then RC .. for 5 days.

So, this is the game plan till 3rd Feb, and my date for exam is 15th feb, so i will get some 12 odd days to take a few more practice tests.

Do you guys this is the right approach or do you suggest any change in this to make it better...??

Also, please suggest me something concrete for DS to study, especially on strategy front.

thanks very much for your inputs and time again
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
I am also planning on taking the GMAT fairly soon (haven't schedule the exam yet)...I was wondering if there is an easy way to tell which problems from the Manhattan guides/official guides are at which target level? A friend of mine who recently scored a 730 told me that you will rarely see questions above the 700 level in either of these places. I am hoping to score a 720+ (and really can't afford anything below a 700) and was planning on using only the 8 Manhattan books and the official guides to get me through. I am now starting to wonder if that is a prudent choice, or whether I should be looking at more targeted studying.

I am slowly approaching the time where all I will be focusing on is practice tests/questions and no longer doing any more conceptual review, and I am hoping to be able to get exposure to these "hard" questions during this time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
I want to say the 8 MGMAT books definitely have the hard questions, and their practice exams are harder then the real thing, which is good.

Are the 8 MGMATs enough? I think so, however I think getting a Kaplan book would be useful just to get access to the practice exams, which are not bad at all.
GMAT Club Bot