Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: University of Georgia - Terry College of Business [#permalink]
--Reserved--
Current Student
Send PM
A piece of shameless marketing. Today was an informational night with E&Y, on our Athens campus (free beer!!), and we got to meet a lot of people from E&Y, prospective recruiters, and even got a firsthand knowledge as to how the system (ppl) works within E&Y (diff consulting positions etc). Overall, an excellent session. Leave me a pvt msg if E&Y is one of your target companies in job hunting...and you wish to know more about recruiting pattern from Terry college of business.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Send PM
Kudos
hey this is great! i'm actually interested in the UGA MBA. i plan on attending the full day MBA program on november 7th... have you started classes yet?
Current Student
Send PM
Hey how you doin. Yeah,I have started my classes, it's been a full three weeks already. Do come on 7th, and there will be someone to talk with you regarding the program and any questions you may have then. Do you any questions for me now?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
how do you feel about the class sizes so far? do you feel that the professors are readily available and you're able to get additional attention or help outside of the classroom? that's the most appealing aspects about UGA and Georgia Tech compared to other schools I'm looking into applying. with under 100 people, I feel like I will be better positioned to build manful relationships with my classmates and professors.

do you think the small class size encourages a more collaborative experience or competitive? I have a military background and am returning to the military, so I would much rather be in a collaborative environment. I'm not competing with others for jobs, so I'm more interested in building relationships than competition (if that makes sense).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
If you ask me collaboration/competitiveness mainly depends on the type of students you have in the classroom, not how many people you have. Of course, having a manageable class size helps to get to know everyone but that is not a guarantee that you'll find a collaborative environment. Like real life, you can choose to collaborate with those you want to; no obligation.

My class size is 51, add another 50 in the 2nd second year, and it is really one of the smallest ranked programs in the nation. This helps in 2 ways:
1. Individual focus. You will not get lost, all faculty/admin/adcom will know everything about you.
2. You can get to know more about everyone, as there are less people. A lot of probability in making life long relationships. Talking about cons, you meet less people, which means you have to get out and put in more effort to know others. Don't worry about that though, the program will make sure you'll met a LOT of people. Bottom line: it is a very collaborative atmosphere.

Do drop into our classroom sometime. I'll make sure you have someone from Terry to be with you to take on a tour and to answer any questions you may have.

Personal opinion:
I see your list of preferred schools, and I think Emory Goizueta is the most collaborative program of all, with Stern/Johnson being at the other end of the scale (competitive) relative to the schools you've chosen. (okay..ready for bashings!!) It is my opinion only.

Btw, I see you are interested in Marketing/Leadership, but you haven't thought about Kellogg? It is very collaborative, team work emphasized throughout the course, and a very competitive program at the same time. Plus it's the place to be for Marketing. Just drop in a mail to current students to get to know more insider info.

APSM: Current students, even those who are not concentrating on marketing, believe that Marketing is one of the strongest programs at Terry. I concur; its faculty is top notch.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
hey, thanks for getting back to me. i appreciate the info. i'll be there on november 7th for the full day tour.

as far as my list of schools go, i'm in the army and so is my husband. i'm only looking at schools that are a short drive from a military installation. after deployments to iraq and afghanistan, we don't want to spend another 2 years separated because of business school! so location is really important and is driving where i go to school.

i'm applying through the consortium - which is why yale, cornell, and nyu are on my list.
Current Student
Send PM
I understand. It is great when you know what you expect from the program. Looking forward to see you in November.
Current Student
Send PM
One of the readers of this thread had left a message asking about the real estate program. To that person and to the benefit of others, here is the inside scoop about the real estate program by Chris, who is in '12 and focusing on real estate.

"The Terry MBA Real Estate program has an incredibly talented staff, great recognition in the market and one of the strongest and largest real estate alumni network in the Southeast. Terry MBA graduates with concentrations in real estate take a variety of roles at the firms they join. They end up as developers, capital providers (both lenders and private equity providers), and brokers. National real estate firms such as CB Richard Ellis and Jones Lang LaSalle often hire our graduates as well as many smaller firms. Additionally, some graduates strike out on their own to create their own firms or deals."

Hope this offers some clarification.
Current Student
Send PM
Representatives from Terry college of business will be there on GMATCH virtual MBA fair on 20th September 6:00 Am to 8:00 AM Eastern time slot. This is a great opportunity to meet the adcom and students to get to understand admission process, what the program offers, and whether our program can benefit you in your educational and career aspirations...all oh-so-nicely.

If not for Terry, do be there as there are some great schools such as Darden, Haas, Fisher, Broad and Smeal - to mention a very few - attending the GMATCH fair. Make wise use of this opportunity. I hope to see you there!
Current Student
Send PM
Ok..we are on the GMATCH fair right now. If you have any specific questions to ask about Terry program, find us at our booth at the virtual MBA fair.
Current Student
Send PM
Back after a long time. I seriously underestimated the course load! It is rigorous, thorough, and surprisingly a lot of cases to handle. After (kind of) figuring out a balance (which pretty much means cutting down on sleep time and meal time), here I am. We have had a lot of prospective student visits to our college and it is fun to take them around the univ and share what the program has to offer. we have a visit this 7th, and there would be more. So if you want a campus tour or would like to have a lunch with current student, let me know here or contact the admissions team.
Current Student
Send PM
Back...

Thanks to those who dropped in for the campus tours and an H2H with the adcom and current students.

Insider information...
Many of you have sent pvt messages (I understand) as to how assistantships are doled out to the incoming students. Well, that is a function of your profile, but I can say one important reason as to why you will not get an assistantship. (touchwood!)

TOEFL. Your TOEFL score has to be at least 100, with a speaking score of 19+. 19+ is the policy of university, so TCB cannot do anything about it. So if you had happened to take TOEFL lightly and if it had reflected on your scores, please take couple of days off and give the darn thing again. It matters!

And my sincere congratulations to the R1 admits. Looking forward to see you coming fall. Pvt msg me in case you wanna discuss more abt the school, life over here and how you can get an headstart with your college and career.
Current Student
Send PM
For all of you in Chennai, India

I'll be in Chennai from Dec 19th to Jan 5th on Sem break. A few of you have some personal questions about MBA and life over here that cannot be conveyed on the forum, so if you like to meet at someplace, send me a pvt, and I'll schedule something. All the best for R2.
Current Student
Send PM
Back after the break. The new semester has started the same way the old one had ended! Congratulations to all those admits who got their decisions last week, I hope you are seriously considering TCB as part of your future. Those who have got admits, especially the international students, the sooner you make your decision regarding acceptance (for any school) the quicker your visa process would get over. Nice to meet a couple of you in Chennai. I hope you had gained at least something from the interaction.
Current Student
Send PM
For those who wish to know the patterns in internship and recruiting arrangements here that would be helpful in your application or admit decisions, drop me a pvt message.
Current Student
Send PM
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2