Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
GPA: 2.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
Send PM
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
^ admissions decisions for R2 will be released the week of Feb 20. However a friend of mine admitted in R1 got the call on the Friday before the official admission notification week began. By that logic the earliest R2 applicants will hear is next Friday (Feb 17).

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.36
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
[/quote]
Congratulations !
A few questions for you :
1. I'm repeating an earlier question: Are you a R1 or R2 applicant ?
2. Also, I heard that in-state tuition applies to any scholarship recipient, is that true ?
3. Did you already send in the deposit before learning about the scholarship or did you wait ?

Thanks and Good Luck ![/quote]

1. R1 applicant
2. I think that's true, but I'm not positive because I'm technically a Texas resident still - military
3. I found out about the scholarship a couple days after acceptance and then I sent in my deposit

I hope this helps. Good luck to everyone out there![/quote]

That definitely helps.
One more question: how did you learn about the scholarship - email, telephone call or regular mail ?[/quote]

prcst - I learned about it from an email at 7pm on 19 Dec (about 20 hours after my acceptance email). I was out of the country without cell phone service, but I came back to a message from 19 Dec saying congratulations and adding that I would be receiving more information about McCombs in a later email. I don't know if she would have mentioned the scholarship had we spoke.

Prabhakar - Thanks. I was definitely lucky and fortunate to get a scholarship. They mentioned they don't give very many; the scholarships they offer range from $2k-$10k/year.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
backliteyes wrote:
Classof2014 wrote:
Do you or does anyone know what the survey questions are.

Questions:
- Are you still interested in being considered for admission to the Texas MBA? Y/N
- Please provide any updated information related to your candidacy that was not included in your application. Items to mention here may include job promotions or changes, updated test scores or any new information you feel should be considered. If there are no updates to your candidacy, please type "not applicable".
- A question that basically asked if there's anything else you'd like to tell the admissions committee (I missed the exact wording here - I accidentally submitted it because I thought there might be a space to upload documents like an unofficial GMAT score report, another recommendation, etc. on the next page, but there wasn't)

Once you push the forward button on the second page it submits the survey and just redirects you to the site for the MBA Full-Time program.

Also do we get an email confirmation/notification once we submit our response. Is there a way we can check if they were submitted successfully. Thanks!
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q35 V45
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Classof2014 wrote:
backliteyes wrote:
Classof2014 wrote:
Do you or does anyone know what the survey questions are.

Questions:
- Are you still interested in being considered for admission to the Texas MBA? Y/N
- Please provide any updated information related to your candidacy that was not included in your application. Items to mention here may include job promotions or changes, updated test scores or any new information you feel should be considered. If there are no updates to your candidacy, please type "not applicable".
- A question that basically asked if there's anything else you'd like to tell the admissions committee (I missed the exact wording here - I accidentally submitted it because I thought there might be a space to upload documents like an unofficial GMAT score report, another recommendation, etc. on the next page, but there wasn't)

Once you push the forward button on the second page it submits the survey and just redirects you to the site for the MBA Full-Time program.

Also do we get an email confirmation/notification once we submit our response. Is there a way we can check if they were submitted successfully. Thanks!

I did not receive an e-mail confirmation that I had submitted it. However when I tried to go open up the survey after submitting it told me I'd already taken the survey, so that means it was recorded somewhere that I filled out the survey, at least.

If you're paranoid you could always e-mail admissions and confirm that they did receive your response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
ellinger wrote:
gawinsan wrote:
Rd 3 International applicant here, got an invite couple days ago.

Same. International R3 applicant, just got my invite last night.

Hello ! I am also an R3 applicant and I received an Invite as well.
I have been trying to login to the UT site to check for Aluminis in my area and the site seems to be down from Friday ! Seems like UT is aware of this issue when I checked with the ad-com. Are any of you facing this too?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Hey Gemini66
I have my interview this afternoon and I'm trying to log in now to retrieve my application- but it's down for me too! Were you able to get to the alumni site?

Gemini66 wrote:
ellinger wrote:
gawinsan wrote:
Rd 3 International applicant here, got an invite couple days ago.

Same. International R3 applicant, just got my invite last night.

Hello ! I am also an R3 applicant and I received an Invite as well.
I have been trying to login to the UT site to check for Aluminis in my area and the site seems to be down from Friday ! Seems like UT is aware of this issue when I checked with the ad-com. Are any of you facing this too?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am still unable to login to the application site.
This is frustrating!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Economics
Send PM
Has anyone else email admissions about this issue? I was told that it was back up and running, but I still can't access the site to schedule my interview and I received an invite on 2/8.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
HenryHank and Gemini66
I'm still having no luck, sent an email to interview@mccombs.utexas.edu about 5 hours ago to let them know that the site was down.

HenryHank- this has been a problem for you since the 8th? Did you try calling the office?

My interview went well- I just need to log in so that I can finish this process. Frustrating!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anneb wrote:
HenryHank and Gemini66
I'm still having no luck, sent an email to interview@mccombs.utexas.edu about 5 hours ago to let them know that the site was down.

HenryHank- this has been a problem for you since the 8th? Did you try calling the office?

My interview went well- I just need to log in so that I can finish this process. Frustrating!

Hi Anneb ,
I have sent the ad-com an email an hour back. Will be calling them Monday morning to find alternate options if the website doesn't come up by then.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Guys, I have a question. I have never visited McCombs, and i was invited to interview. Do you think I could schedule my interview with an alumni in my city and still be considered???
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
arzad wrote:
Guys, I have a question. I have never visited McCombs, and i was invited to interview. Do you think I could schedule my interview with an alumni in my city and still be considered???

Yes Arzad, that shouldn't be a problem at all. I never visited McCombs either - but interviewed online via Skype with a current student and got admitted too. So, don't worry about such things and just look forward to acing your interview :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Since the system was down, I emailed adcom about not being able to schedule an interview. Today I got an email from a second year student, offering a Skype interview. I am a little surprised because I am based in California so I could easily fly to Austin for the interview or I could interview with an alum in the bay area. Also, since the system is up and running today, I can schedule my interview using the system. Donno why they offered a skype interview? Did anyone else receive a similar offer?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Prabhakar wrote:
arzad wrote:

Yes Arzad, that shouldn't be a problem at all. I never visited McCombs either - but interviewed online via Skype with a current student and got admitted too. So, don't worry about such things and just look forward to acing your interview :)

Prabhakar, congrats on your admission. My only concern is that you are based in UAE and I'm based in the US, so our cases are not comparable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Prabhakar wrote:
arzad wrote:

Hi Prasad,

I am an Indian applicant and I plan to fly to one of the cities for the interview (havent confirmed yet). Skype may save me a few $ on travel and stay and of course time. But if an interview with alumnus could add value , then why not ?
Is there any reason why you didnt schedule an interview with one? wherent there any alumni in your area/country? Just wondering as I am weighing the option between alumni/skpe.

Also, This may seem like an oft repeated question to you- Which round did you apply in ?

Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gks80 wrote:
Since the system was down, I emailed adcom about not being able to schedule an interview. Today I got an email from a second year student, offering a Skype interview. I am a little surprised because I am based in California so I could easily fly to Austin for the interview or I could interview with an alum in the bay area. Also, since the system is up and running today, I can schedule my interview using the system. Donno why they offered a skype interview? Did anyone else receive a similar offer?

Did you accept the skype offer or planning to go for an alumni interview?

I received a similar mail , but I prefer alumni interview to show my interest in McCombs and also to learn first hand more about a possible future school.

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
For those that applied R2, do you think we will hear back on Monday, even though it is a holiday?

Starting to get nervous about the decision date next week. Good luck to all that applied!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts