Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
DrLove862 wrote:
RG0105 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:
Hey guys!!

Has anyone admitted in R2 got the admission packet already?

I received mine early last week...

I received mine on Friday, 2/10.

I also received mine on 2/10
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
RG0105 wrote:
I still need to make a trip to Chapel Hill (never even been to NC)...for all of you guys that have interviewed on campus or have just visited, what was your general perception of UNC compared to maybe some other schools you've been to? Anything notable that stood out?

I've been out to Chapel Hill twice - once just for a campus visit and then again for my interview. I really like the area. Chapel Hill has that classic American college town feel to it, and is a little off the beaten path, but probably about 20 minutes from the airport. The research triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) seems to be a thriving and vibrant area and I think has a positive feel to it. Franklin street in Chapel Hill has a unique variety of restaurant and bars and seems to be the hang out location.

Not sure where you are coming from, but on my first time visit I couldn't help but notice how dark it is at night. I guess I am not really used to driving where there aren't lights everywhere! It was kind of funny because that was my absolute first impression of the area (I arrived in the evening).

As for the business school itself - the McColl building is fairly new. I believe it was built in 1997 and the facilities are similar to what you would find at most other top business schools in terms of classrooms, technology, etc.

I found the students to be very welcoming and spoke very positively about the school (this has been true of most other schools I have visited). I'm not sure how your interview was, but mine was laid back and I would say that was the general vibe I got from the school. It is a pretty small program and heavily focused on teamwork and leadership (I'm sure you already know that). I would say the leadership focus at KFBS is stronger than any of the other programs I have looked at.

Are you planning on visiting?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
R3 admits-- When you guys had your interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aln4407 wrote:
I've been out to Chapel Hill twice - once just for a campus visit and then again for my interview. I really like the area. Chapel Hill has that classic American college town feel to it, and is a little off the beaten path, but probably about 20 minutes from the airport. The research triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) seems to be a thriving and vibrant area and I think has a positive feel to it. Franklin street in Chapel Hill has a unique variety of restaurant and bars and seems to be the hang out location.

Not sure where you are coming from, but on my first time visit I couldn't help but notice how dark it is at night. I guess I am not really used to driving where there aren't lights everywhere! It was kind of funny because that was my absolute first impression of the area (I arrived in the evening).

As for the business school itself - the McColl building is fairly new. I believe it was built in 1997 and the facilities are similar to what you would find at most other top business schools in terms of classrooms, technology, etc.

I found the students to be very welcoming and spoke very positively about the school (this has been true of most other schools I have visited). I'm not sure how your interview was, but mine was laid back and I would say that was the general vibe I got from the school. It is a pretty small program and heavily focused on teamwork and leadership (I'm sure you already know that). I would say the leadership focus at KFBS is stronger than any of the other programs I have looked at.

Are you planning on visiting?

Thanks for sharing your experiences...I do plan on making it out there in March (will probably plan it out this week). I keep hearing from students that they chose KFBS because it offered one of the more balanced MBA programs in terms of quality academics but not cut-throat competition, so I can sense the laid-back vibe. I've also lived in big cities my entire life and Chapel Hill sounds like a nice place to "escape" to for a couple of years.

I did a phone interview, but it was definitely pretty conversational and probably one of the least stressful ones I've been through.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone- I am trying to decide between enrolling in UNC or Emory's full time MBA program in the fall and would appreciate anyone's opinion on what I should do. I am interested in pursuing consulting, post-MBA. I feel that UNC or Emory would allow me to transition into consulting (I believe Emory places lots of graduates into consulting in Atlanta). However, I feel that UNC has a better known MBA program and may allow more opportunities long-term. Also, if by chance I arrive at school and decide to try something other than consulting I think UNC's program would allow more flexibility to try something else. I also feel I would be able to make better connections, long-term, by attending UNC. Emory is obviously in Atlanta, which is a positive. I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abk8486 wrote:
Hey everyone- I am trying to decide between enrolling in UNC or Emory's full time MBA program in the fall and would appreciate anyone's opinion on what I should do. I am interested in pursuing consulting, post-MBA. I feel that UNC or Emory would allow me to transition into consulting (I believe Emory places lots of graduates into consulting in Atlanta). However, I feel that UNC has a better known MBA program and may allow more opportunities long-term. Also, if by chance I arrive at school and decide to try something other than consulting I think UNC's program would allow more flexibility to try something else. I also feel I would be able to make better connections, long-term, by attending UNC. Emory is obviously in Atlanta, which is a positive. I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks.

They're fairly similar programs (in terms of rankings/tiers) - although after glancing at their employment reports, Emory seems to place better in consulting. Both are going to be strong in the Southeast...I'd say fit and your personal financial situation would probably be the major factors in deciding. I know the UNC network is pretty impressive...don't know enough about Emory.

(This is solely based on roughly 5 mins of quick research, so obviously don't take my opinion too seriously.)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Emory owns Altanta. Also, it's better for you networking there. Any $ difference? If not, take Emory and never look back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the replies. Emory is offering $ while UNC is not. Being that I would be an out of state student at UNC I have definitely taken this into account. Maybe Emory places more graduates into consulting because more students go there that want to focus on that? Would you agree that either school would equally allow you to transition into consulting as long as that is your focus?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
They are about equal, but in Atlanta, Emory has an edge over UNC location-wise. And, now with the $, I think Emory is the right decision here.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
If you want to be in Atlanta after you finish, Emory seems like the best option.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
My application status says NO Status Found. Any idea what does this mean?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
app2012 wrote:
My application status says NO Status Found. Any idea what does this mean?

That happened to me a few weeks before I got my decision...it doesn't really mean anything...eventually it will revert back to whatever it showed before (submitted/under review).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 527 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Can anyone share their interview experience? Sorry to ask again but gotta webcam meetup coming up..... donno what to expect. Any oddball questions? anything to watch out for?? any tips/pointers???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
devansh_god wrote:
Can anyone share their interview experience? Sorry to ask again but gotta webcam meetup coming up..... donno what to expect. Any oddball questions? anything to watch out for?? any tips/pointers???

Is yours gonna be a blind interview? When I had my interview, the typical questions (self-introduction, why MBA, why KFBS, example of teamwork, leadership experience) were asked. It's unlikely that they will ask you very probing questions bc the school only wants to assess several general areas. Essentially, I think the adcom would like to know how successful you will be at future job interviews. If you can sell yourself well, I think you will stand a great chance. Your GMAT score is definitely gonna work in your favor. All the best, devansh_god :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 527 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
slumdog1000000 wrote:
devansh_god wrote:

Is yours gonna be a blind interview? When I had my interview, the typical questions (self-introduction, why MBA, why KFBS, example of teamwork, leadership experience) were asked. It's unlikely that they will ask you very probing questions bc the school only wants to assess several general areas. Essentially, I think the adcom would like to know how successful you will be at future job interviews. If you can sell yourself well, I think you will stand a great chance. Your GMAT score is definitely gonna work in your favor. All the best, devansh_god :-D

Cheers m8!! thnx for the motivation.... :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Guys,

I had applied in R2 and got waitlisted after an interview. I have already expressed my interest to continue my consideration using the link sent to me in the decision email.

I plan to send a document and email highlighting how I'm fit and would contribute to the school. Any other suggestions on the waitlist strategy? How many of the waitlisted students last year were converted into admits?

When they say that waitlisted candidates will be evaluated again in the subsequent round, is the application read by a different person who hasn't seen before or just keep comparing the notes with those from other candidates files?

Thanks guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
reach2bhush wrote:
Guys,

I had applied in R2 and got waitlisted after an interview. I have already expressed my interest to continue my consideration using the link sent to me in the decision email.

I plan to send a document and email highlighting how I'm fit and would contribute to the school. Any other suggestions on the waitlist strategy? How many of the waitlisted students last year were converted into admits?

When they say that waitlisted candidates will be evaluated again in the subsequent round, is the application read by a different person who hasn't seen before or just keep comparing the notes with those from other candidates files?

Thanks guys.

Your waitlist strategy is a good one. I would also evaluate your application critically and see where your biggest weak points are. If those areas have had any improvement, I would talk about that. If there have not been any improvements but you believe you can improve upon them within the next few months, I would work on those areas and then send an update.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts