Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:13 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
That seems above average for the score, and the work experience sounds great. The two things that I would say that are probably important are, (1) Did you do well on the quant part of the GMAT?, (2) Do you have some sort of a manager title at work?

These are things that seem to be important for the EWMBA program (and Haas in general). I think Haas more so than other schools really wants it students to have high Quant scores. If you are good in those areas, then I think you still have a good shot. Even if you dont have those down, your profile still seems competitive for the program.

JayLin20 wrote:
Thanks for the response.

GMAT 700. Nine years of work experience in AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) industry. B.S. and M.S. in engineering. Two great recommendation letters.

CaliCpa wrote:
I wouldn't be too worried at this point. I think there is still some time. What are you stats (i.e., GMAT, WE, etc.)?

JayLin20 wrote:
Congrats to everyone who have gotten in! And good luck to those on the wait list.

I applied to R2 but still have not received an interview invitation. My online status still reads "received". Should I start to worry?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
At the bottom of my online application in the prereqs section it shows the following:

Prerequisite Courses:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
Statistics: Incomplete
(if blank, then not yet reviewed.)

Does that mean that I meet the math requirement (I'm guessing the quant part of the GMAT)? Also, is that a good sign that you have shown quantitative proficiency in your application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
At the bottom of my online application in the prereqs section it shows the following:

Prerequisite Courses:

Does that mean that I meet the math requirement (I'm guessing the quant part of the GMAT)? Also, is that a good sign that you have shown quantitative proficiency in your application?

That is correct. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the input! I appreciate your breakdown.

I got 49 on the quant and I am currently a project manager. I'm not sure if that is considered "high" or if my management experience is sufficient. Either way, all I can really do now is get my fingers crossed and pray for the best. If it was meant to be it will happen.

[quote="CaliCpa"]That seems above average for the score, and the work experience sounds great. The two things that I would say that are probably important are, (1) Did you do well on the quant part of the GMAT?, (2) Do you have some sort of a manager title at work?

These are things that seem to be important for the EWMBA program (and Haas in general). I think Haas more so than other schools really wants it students to have high Quant scores. If you are good in those areas, then I think you still have a good shot. Even if you dont have those down, your profile still seems competitive for the program.

[quote="JayLin20"]Thanks for the response.

GMAT 700. Nine years of work experience in AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) industry. B.S. and M.S. in engineering. Two great recommendation letters.

[quote="CaliCpa"]I wouldn't be too worried at this point. I think there is still some time. What are you stats (i.e., GMAT, WE, etc.)?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did any of you get the chat transcripts, yet? i think the adcom mentioned that we would receive it today.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
That is a great score. I think they really look at the 48 (90th) cutoff, so if you have a 49, you are good there. If it is lower than a 48, then they go to other "aspects" of the app. It sounds like the work experience is there too, so I think you are set. Just sit tight, and I am sure it will come through soon.

[quote="JayLin20"]Thanks for the input! I appreciate your breakdown.

I got 49 on the quant and I am currently a project manager. I'm not sure if that is considered "high" or if my management experience is sufficient. Either way, all I can really do now is get my fingers crossed and pray for the best. If it was meant to be it will happen.

[quote="CaliCpa"]That seems above average for the score, and the work experience sounds great. The two things that I would say that are probably important are, (1) Did you do well on the quant part of the GMAT?, (2) Do you have some sort of a manager title at work?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was a little worried, because I have some "bad" grades on my UG transcript (many years ago, > 5 years) in quant courses, but retook the classes. Maybe they really rely on the Quant score at this point (which is what I have heard).

bschoolapp8 wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:

Prerequisite Courses:

That is correct. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
JayLin20 your profile looks above the 80th percentile. Assuming you went to decent American schools and wrote decent essays I say you are golden.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
goodluckMBA wrote:
JayLin20 your profile looks above the 80th percentile. Assuming you went to decent American schools and wrote decent essays I say you are golden.

You've really raised his expectations...now he's going to hate you if he doesn't get in...J/K...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RG0105 wrote:
goodluckMBA wrote:

You've really raised his expectations...now he's going to hate you if he doesn't get in...J/K...

LOL. CaliCpa and goodluckMBA are in the clear. I'll keep my expectations in check. Thanks for the encouragement.

Also, I received my interview invitation.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nice, congrats!!! I knew it was coming.

JayLin20 wrote:
RG0105 wrote:
goodluckMBA wrote:

LOL. CaliCpa and goodluckMBA are in the clear. I'll keep my expectations in check. Thanks for the encouragement.

Also, I received my interview invitation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Is there a certain format to accept a waitlist position?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:

As in?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
mbafall2011 wrote:

As in?

When you reply to the email saying that you want to be on the WL- is there a certain format for that?

Im following a general business format
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:
mbafall2011 wrote:

As in?

When you reply to the email saying that you want to be on the WL- is there a certain format for that?

Im following a general business format

I see. That should be fine I think.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Can anyone tell me how many hours a week of study/project work does EWMBA at Haas require? (excluding the number of hours spent in classroom)

I am mom to a one year old with a full time job and I need help in deciding if I will be able to devote enough time for MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I read in old chat transcripts that it's around 11 hours. Which sounds about right for two 3-hour classes. Rule of thumb was double the hours during undergrad.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts