Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
Send PM
Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Sure, but I still see your post! See if at the top of your page you're on "Oldest" or "Best Reply" mode. I think oldest shows everything, and best reply removes a few posts. If that isn't it, then I blame Anonymous. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
method wrote:
Sure, but I still see your post! See if at the top of your page you're on "Oldest" or "Best Reply" mode. I
think oldest shows everything, and best reply removes a few posts. If that isn't it, then I blame Anonymous. :)

i see your post still too.

The ops competition promo was cool. Got me pumped up to do ops.
Current Student
Send PM
method wrote:
Sure, but I still see your post! See if at the top of your page you're on "Oldest" or "Best Reply" mode. I think oldest shows everything, and best reply removes a few posts. If that isn't it, then I blame Anonymous. :)

Thanks, that was the problem. I Kudos'd you.

Pittsburgh update - it went from probably shorts-weather yesterday to snow sticking on the ground today :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Anyone received a Ding letter!!!!
Current Student
Send PM
josh84 wrote:
Anyone received a Ding letter!!!!

All dings/admits/waitlists will likely come on the same day (that is how they have always done it at least).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.68
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Just interviewed at and went on a class visit/ tour at Tepper last week. Today I received an email from a current student inquiring how my visit went and asking if I had any additional questions. Is this standard fare from Tepper? Did anyone that interviewed on campus or took the tour get a similar email? It was a nice touch from Tepper as the first year student is a member of clubs that I have expressed interest in Consulting/ Net Impact, and is on the same track that I would be pursuing- Management Consulting.

Edit: (I have not previously met the student that emailed me)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Any one else in for round 3? Does Tepper's R3 carry the same negative outlook as other school's R3? I thought since it wasn't the final round it might not be as bad. Thoughts?
Director
Director
Send PM
BrendanWard wrote:
Just interviewed at and went on a class visit/ tour at Tepper last week. Today I received an email from a current student inquiring how my visit went and asking if I had any additional questions. Is this standard fare from Tepper? Did anyone that interviewed on campus or took the tour get a similar email? It was a nice touch from Tepper as the first year student is a member of clubs that I have expressed interest in Consulting/ Net Impact, and is on the same track that I would be pursuing- Management Consulting.

Don't know if it's standard fare, but I have had some students contact me. One post-admit, and I think one at Christmas time, although that could have been another school to be honest. I'm starting to lose track of everything haha :o

IMO, Tepper's admissions team is the best of the schools I've looked into (my profile + McCombs). So it doesn't surprise me that they get some of these connections going for us.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dude2020 wrote:
Any one else in for round 3? Does Tepper's R3 carry the same negative outlook as other school's R3? I thought since it wasn't the final round it might not be as bad. Thoughts?

I checked the 2011 Tepper thread for R3 results.

1 admit with a little $
2 waitlists
1 waitlist that resulted in a ding at the waitlist thinning somewhere around R4 date
2 dings
2 unknowns

At first glance, this could seem rather grim. However! If you don't include the unknowns, then that's 1 admit out of 6 apps for a ~17% admit rate. That's below the overall admission rate, but it's not impossible by any stretch. And if one of the waitlisters converted, then that's up to a 33% admit rate for R3, which would be pretty outstanding. Small sample, but it's certainly possible.

Hope that helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
BrendanWard wrote:

i got that too when I visited. Without being to blunt, I think it is standard. Also, a lot of people are in MC & Net Impact. I wouldn't try to use it to figure out your chances of acceptance.

As Method said, they are pretty good about making you feel welcome at Tepper and dammit it works!

Good Luck BrendanWard!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.68
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
explorer21 wrote:
BrendanWard wrote:

i got that too when I visited. Without being to blunt, I think it is standard. Also, a lot of people are in MC & Net Impact. I wouldn't try to use it to figure out your chances of acceptance.

As Method said, they are pretty good about making you feel welcome at Tepper and dammit it works!

Good Luck BrendanWard!

Thanks guys. Appreciate it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Send PM
dude2020 wrote:

I'm in for R3. Would've submitted earlier but wanted to check out the school first. Having now done that, I'm definitely submitting.

And I have a potentially controversial opinion: Primanti Brothers is good, but not up to the hype. The problem is the bread (and the dryness of the cole slaw, to a lesser degree). They need to skinny up the bread slices a bit, and they should maybe switch to something like challah. Just my opinion, though.
Current Student
Send PM
imalawyer wrote:
dude2020 wrote:

I'm in for R3. Would've submitted earlier but wanted to check out the school first. Having now done that, I'm definitely submitting.

And I have a potentially controversial opinion: Primanti Brothers is good, but not up to the hype. The problem is the bread (and the dryness of the cole slaw, to a lesser degree). They need to skinny up the bread slices a bit, and they should maybe switch to something like challah. Just my opinion, though.

Agree 1000% on the Primanti Brothers comment. It is definitely the kind of food best consumed after drinking through an entire Penguins game... emphasis on the drinking bit...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vixer wrote:
imalawyer wrote:
dude2020 wrote:

Agree 1000% on the Primanti Brothers comment. It is definitely the kind of food best consumed after drinking through an entire Penguins game... emphasis on the drinking bit...

I was regaled with tales of these Penguin games on my visit. They definitely sound like a blast.
Director
Director
Send PM
I'm a little sad that every team in Pittsburgh has black and yellow as the team colors. :( And that I can't ever seem to land in a city that has NBA basketball.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
method wrote:
I'm a little sad that every team in Pittsburgh has black and yellow as the team colors. :( And that I can't ever seem to land in a city that has NBA basketball.

Well, Pitt has a nice bball team, so that's something.
Director
Director
Send PM
imalawyer wrote:
method wrote:

Well, Pitt has a nice bball team, so that's something.

That is true and Pitt's joining the ACC right? If I end up at CMU, my wife will be a grad student at Pitt, so I'm hoping we can score some tix!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts