Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Schools: Indiana (Kelley) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 540 Q33 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q39 V40
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 09-19-2011
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
YEAH GABLAZE!! CONGRATS AND GET THAT MONEY!!!!

gablaze23 wrote:
Got my first admit from Kelley today!! Stoked.

Waiting fr some $$ now!
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
BEnergy wrote:
YEAH GABLAZE!! CONGRATS AND GET THAT MONEY!!!!

gablaze23 wrote:
Got my first admit from Kelley today!! Stoked.

Waiting fr some $$ now!

Thank you! I am very hopeful. Word on the street is that Kelley offered half of their admitted students the fellowship last year.

I hope it rains money here in the Consortium thread in the next couple of weeks. Make it rain!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [3]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Send PM
Kudos
make it rain!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
woggy987 wrote:
make it rain!

Absolutely hilarious!!!! Love this GIF!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I know that I have to wait more than a week, but please let me know as soon as anyone receive a consortium decision (membership or fellowship) from Tuck.

Thanks! and congratulations to all the Consortium admitted students! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
JTV wrote:
New to GMAT club. Consortium applicant. I got the same e-mal from Tuck. I swore I was in. The subject line is very decieveing. When is Tucks admitted students weekend? Does anyone know?

The ASW officially is Apr 20-22.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
For the admitted Kelley students: I saw one student on the Kelley thread mention that he/she received the scholarship info in a PDF file via email from Tim Smith. However, the admissions email that I received (and probably all of us) said that any merit award info would be included in the admissions pkg. My friend that was admitted on R1 told me that we'll receive the admissions pkg via FedEx. In there will be the admissions letter and any awards letters as well and other materials. She said it's the coolest admissions package that she's received. So that is my FYI. Have a great weekend!
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Send PM
ibizgirl wrote:
For the admitted Kelley students: I saw one student on the Kelley thread mention that he/she received the scholarship info in a PDF file via email from Tim Smith. However, the admissions email that I received (and probably all of us) said that any merit award info would be included in the admissions pkg. My friend that was admitted on R1 told me that we'll receive the admissions pkg via FedEx. In there will be the admissions letter and any awards letters as well and other materials. She said it's the coolest admissions package that she's received. So that is my FYI. Have a great weekend!

Consortium membership and fellowship information are not included though. They will mail them separately on March 19. DAAAYM I cannot wait.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
ibizgirl wrote:

Consortium membership and fellowship information are not included though. They will mail them separately on March 19. DAAAYM I cannot wait.

Exactly! At an info session for Kelley I learned that they send you an offer of a merit award with admissions whenever possible. They do this because they want students to know that they are receiving some merit funding. If you are awarded the Consortium fellowship, then fellowship will then supercede the original offer. I know they did this for R1. Since the R2 deadline is so close to the Consortium draft, I don't know if they will follow the same procedure, or if they will just award the fellowship instead. So, ultimately, the March 19 packet is the one to be looking for in terms of the Consortium fellowship.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Need some advice from everyone.

I was just put on the Haas waitlist w/out interview,..in addition to scheduling an interview and hopefully submitting a third recommendation,..I'm also planning on submitting another essay. I'm having a very hard time deciding what the focus of the essay should be.

On the one hand,..I have an interesting personal background coming from a wartorn country, and i can discuss how my upbringing shaped my decisions in life and helped me overcome challenges. I think this would be a compelling story that could certainly make me stand out from fellow waitlisters.

On the other hand,..because I'm a Consortium applicant, I never had the opportunity to write an essay (or part of an essay) on the "Why Haas". So discussing how Haas in particular fits with my career goals seems to make sense as well.

A third option of course is some kind of hybrid,..the risk is it may not be as focused an essay.

I don't know exactly what the Adcoms felt was missing from my App,...it could be lack of personalization w/ my career goals and Haas, or it could be they just don't know enough about me as a person.

What do you guys think?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
mooze wrote:

I was just put on the Haas waitlist w/out interview,..in addition to scheduling an interview and hopefully submitting a third recommendation,..I'm also planning on submitting another essay. I'm having a very hard time deciding what the focus of the essay should be.

On the one hand,..I have an interesting personal background coming from a wartorn country, and i can discuss how my upbringing shaped my decisions in life and helped me overcome challenges. I think this would be a compelling story that could certainly make me stand out from fellow waitlisters.

On the other hand,..because I'm a Consortium applicant, I never had the opportunity to write an essay (or part of an essay) on the "Why Haas". So discussing how Haas in particular fits with my career goals seems to make sense as well.

A third option of course is some kind of hybrid,..the risk is it may not be as focused an essay.

I don't know exactly what the Adcoms felt was missing from my App,...it could be lack of personalization w/ my career goals and Haas, or it could be they just don't know enough about me as a person.

What do you guys think?

Sorry about the waitlist man, looks like Haas has been pretty rough on Consortium applicants on this board. I didn't apply to Haas as one of my Consortium schools, but if there wasn't a "Why Hass" essay or an opportunity to convey this in their school essay, I would say go that route and show how much Haas aligns with your goals and how enthusiastic you are about the school. I think your story and upbringing sound compelling and if you can I would say tie those in somehow, but I think your main focus to get off the WL should be to answer the Why Haas question, if you we're able to do so in your other essays.

Just my $0.02
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mooze wrote:

What do you guys think?

First, congrats on still being in the game with Haas. Hopefully the update you send can push you into the admit pile. I think your best bet is to show fit. If your profile has improved in any way also outline this in the essay.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mooze wrote:

What do you guys think?

Read over the questions for the standard Haas application. Try to figure out if you responded to all of those questions with your Consortium essays. Don't write more than a page doubled space. If you are satisfied with your response to all of Haas' questions then do a "Why Haas" essay IMHO. Send also a resume update if you have one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Nonprofit, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Had Emory interview this weekend- i think it went well. She let me know that they are notifying between weds and friday of this week, so i'll know soon i suppose.

So far i'm waitlisted at Yale, dinged at Berkeley and have no response from other schools. Really really getting nerve racking.

Does anyone know if you can be admitted to the Consortium without being accepted by any of the schools you applied to?
ETA: i realize you can't get the fellowship without being admitted, but am curious if there would be an opportunity to take place in OP and some of the events even if you didn't attend a member school.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
arzad wrote:
mooze wrote:

What do you guys think?

Read over the questions for the standard Haas application. Try to figure out if you responded to all of those questions with your Consortium essays. Don't write more than a page doubled space. If you are satisfied with your response to all of Haas' questions then do a "Why Haas" essay IMHO. Send also a resume update if you have one.

Well, I responded to 3 of a possible 5 short answer essays they provide. I could respond to a 4th, the "greatest accomplishment" essayt w/ a powerful personal story.

Or I could do "why haas". I'm really torn on this. The story is quite unique, but at the same time i recognize that if they want to take someone off the waitlist they have to make sure that person is set on Haas.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
kheti wrote:
Had Emory interview this weekend- i think it went well. She let me know that they are notifying between weds and friday of this week, so i'll know soon i suppose.

So far i'm waitlisted at Yale, dinged at Berkeley and have no response from other schools. Really really getting nerve racking.

Does anyone know if you can be admitted to the Consortium without being accepted by any of the schools you applied to?
ETA: i realize you can't get the fellowship without being admitted, but am curious if there would be an opportunity to take place in OP and some of the events even if you didn't attend a member school.

From my understanding, NOPE. Consortium is either all or nothing. And you only get the benefits by going to a member school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mooze wrote:
Well, I responded to 3 of a possible 5 short answer essays they provide. I could respond to a 4th, the "greatest accomplishment" essayt w/ a powerful personal story.

Or I could do "why haas". I'm really torn on this. The story is quite unique, but at the same time i recognize that if they want to take someone off the waitlist they have to make sure that person is set on Haas.

Follow your intuition!!! I wish you the best!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts