Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:01 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
That's a good point, they do need something to gauge by. I would assume that they take a quick glance at the whole package (GMAT, resume, essays, education, and recommendations) to look for the right fit.

CaliCpa wrote:
Thats what I heard too, but what is interesting is that they interview roughly 3/4ths of the applicants. What do you think they use as the initial cut-off for interviews? I was thinking maybe GMAT score or something.

I did not apply to other school. I spoke to several alums and current students about their interview experiences, they all told me that the AdCom usually do not review the application until after the interview to have a holistic view of the applicant.

JayLin20 - Just curious, did you apply to other schools as well? My interviewer said that they hadn't even seen my application when I was invited (which obviously was a little disappointing). I was thinking that it may have been due to the fact that I applied to some other schools (full time programs). If not, then I think it is a really good sign for you because they had a look at your application and invited you based on the quality of the application (just a theory).

JayLin20 wrote:
JayLin20 your profile looks above the 80th percentile. Assuming you went to decent American schools and wrote decent essays I say you are golden.

You've really raised his expectations...now he's going to hate you if he doesn't get in...J/K...

LOL. CaliCpa and goodluckMBA are in the clear. I'll keep my expectations in check. Thanks for the encouragement.

Also, I received my interview invitation.
[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
It was a great Haas visitation + interview day yesterday. Met over 50 applicants mostly all outside bay rea - nyc, boston, texas, atlanta....good luck to alll...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JayLin - I spoke with some admissions people at the event on Saturday. They use the resume to decide who to send out interview invites to. They interview 2/3rds of applicants (straight from AdCom itself).

I enjoyed the reception and class.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
-----

Originally posted by someone79 on 27 Feb 2012, 15:03.
Last edited by someone79 on 27 Feb 2012, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
anonymba wrote:
It was a great Haas visitation + interview day yesterday. Met over 50 applicants mostly all outside bay rea - nyc, boston, texas, atlanta....good luck to alll...

Did you guys get invited to the Haas visitation day separately or was it part of the R2 interview process? I interviewed in R1 and didnt even know about this haas visitation day :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
anonymba wrote:

Did you guys get invited to the Haas visitation day separately or was it part of the R2 interview process? I interviewed in R1 and didnt even know about this haas visitation day :(

Can someone kindly share details about this Haas Visitation Day and whether you attended the event as part of R2 interview or received a formal invite to this event and had already interviewed prior.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Speaking for myself and other "outside Bay area" Rd 2 applicants I met during the Haas visitation day -
It was a Rd 2 interview + opportunity for campus visit and class visit for applicants living outside bay area.
There were also prospective students who were only in the class visit. Hope this comforts your anxiety....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:
anonymba wrote:

Can someone kindly share details about this Haas Visitation Day and whether you attended the event as part of R2 interview or received a formal invite to this event and had already interviewed prior.

To my knowledge, most of the people on visitation day are out of state applicants (only a handful of locals). The adcoms tried really hard to get all out of state applicants to come to class visits, campus tour and interview at the same time. I received the invite roughly one week after submission of R2. If you are local it seems very likely that you are interviewed individually and you probably have attended class visit and infor seminar already, which many out-of-state applicants can not afford to...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,

I have a quick question for EWMBA application resume format. I have 12+ years of experience.
Does anybody know if Haas prefers 1 page resume or 2 page resume, if years of experience is high?

As most of the schools prefer 1 page resume irrespective of experience level.

Thx...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mbaprepbayarea wrote:
Hi,

I have a quick question for EWMBA application resume format. I have 12+ years of experience.
Does anybody know if Haas prefers 1 page resume or 2 page resume, if years of experience is high?

As most of the schools prefer 1 page resume irrespective of experience level.

Thx...

If you can fit in one page great, else 2 page is OK. Mine was close to 2 pages (about 6 yrs exp.) and there seem to be no issues.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I attended the event as a Round 2 local applicant. I emailed and asked if I could attend. They said that I was more than welcome to attend and sent me an invite. Honestly, I am trying to do anything that may give me an edge or show more interest in Haas. I really hope that I am attending this fall.

anonymba wrote:
Speaking for myself and other "outside Bay area" Rd 2 applicants I met during the Haas visitation day -
It was a Rd 2 interview + opportunity for campus visit and class visit for applicants living outside bay area.
There were also prospective students who were only in the class visit. Hope this comforts your anxiety....
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
For others who may also be worried about this, I asked Tammy whether the AdCom considers how much an applicant has done to learn about the program. She assured me that they do not track the number of admissions events that applicants attend, and that it is in no way factored into their final decision.

That being said, it's probably in our interests to learn as much as we can about the program. But I wouldn't go out of my way to attend unnecessary events to try to impress them.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I agree to some extent. While I don't think it will hurt you to not attend admissions events, I do think it can help to attend events (and therefore hurt you compared to other applicants that do attend if you think of it that way). The AdCom has a unique skill in that they are able to meet thousands of applicants and remember faces, names, etc. If they have met you in person before reviewing your application, they can put a face with the story. If they meet you through an alumnus, professor, etc., then even better.

lomei wrote:
For others who may also be worried about this, I asked Tammy whether the AdCom considers how much an applicant has done to learn about the program. She assured me that they do not track the number of admissions events that applicants attend, and that it is in no way factored into their final decision.

That being said, it's probably in our interests to learn as much as we can about the program. But I wouldn't go out of my way to attend unnecessary events to try to impress them.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Just checked my app status online and saw that I met the College-level Mathematics prerequisite...but not stats...guess I'll have to take the waiver exam...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone submit updates to the adcom? Are you adhering to a specific word limit?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They have an employment update form. Ask for it and they can provide.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
manupb wrote:
They have an employment update form. Ask for it and they can provide.

Thanks. I thought this form was to fill out any increase in salary or any change in title? Does it also provide space to speak about additional responsibilities? thanks in advance
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts