Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:04 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
CaliCpa wrote:
Just thinking through some statistics for Haas EWMBA. On the US News site, it states that Haas EWMBA had 678 applicants last year. In the latest event I went to, I heard that the EWMBA interviews 2/3rds of applicants, or ~450 applicants. From there, US News states that Haas accepted 284 applicants, or 63% of those interviewed. EWMBA had 240 of those accepted enroll in the program, or an 85% yield. Those %'s seem fairly high and give me some hope for an acceptance. What do you guys think?

Just to add on to your numbers...that 240 is only for those living in Bay area..Applicants like myself living outside bay area are competing for 120 slots and not 240...cause we can only attend on weekends. Nevertheless no point dreaming about this...will know in a couple of weeks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
anonymba wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:
Just thinking through some statistics for Haas EWMBA. On the US News site, it states that Haas EWMBA had 678 applicants last year. In the latest event I went to, I heard that the EWMBA interviews 2/3rds of applicants, or ~450 applicants. From there, US News states that Haas accepted 284 applicants, or 63% of those interviewed. EWMBA had 240 of those accepted enroll in the program, or an 85% yield. Those %'s seem fairly high and give me some hope for an acceptance. What do you guys think?

Just to add on to your numbers...that 240 is only for those living in Bay area..Applicants like myself living outside bay area are competing for 120 slots and not 240...cause we can only attend on weekends. Nevertheless no point dreaming about this...will know in a couple of weeks.

waitlisted in R1..trying to cling onto any ray of hope :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ewmba2012 wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:
Did anyone submit updates to the adcom? Are you adhering to a specific word limit?

Hey guys, what is the world limit for updates when on waitlist?

I am thinking max 1 essay , double line spacing (approx 400 words). This because the application essays averaged 250-500 words
Manager
Manager
Send PM
manupb wrote:
It has a generic paragraph in the end. You can provide the description about the change of resp. there.

Thanks! do you have to print the pdf and mail it to adcom or can the form be sent by email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
anonymba wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:

waitlisted in R1..trying to cling onto any ray of hope :D

Any other guys with recent admits? How long after the interview do they make a decision? I was interviewed by Courtney on 3/6. Fingers crossed :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I don't think it is that simple. Haas EWMBA is really trying to stretch outside the bay area, so if you are from Dallas, LA, Seattle, or wherever, I think you stand a really high chance of getting in (if you fall within the range of stats). The further I got into the process, the more I realized this.

anonymba wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 03-27-2012
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
For those who have been interviewed, approximately how long after you submitted your application did you receive an invitation for an interview? I am a Round 3 applicant, who submitted my application just today 3/12. Are Round 3 applicants already starting to be interviewed?

Also, any Round 2 applicants that have been accepted prior to the decision date at the end of this month?

Are there ANY applicants from this forum that have been accepted? No Round 1 applicants have updated their status to accepted...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
ewmba2012C wrote:
For those who have been interviewed, approximately how long after you submitted your application did you receive an invitation for an interview? I am a Round 3 applicant, who submitted my application just today 3/12. Are Round 3 applicants already starting to be interviewed?

Also, any Round 2 applicants that have been accepted prior to the decision date at the end of this month?

Are there ANY applicants from this forum that have been accepted? No Round 1 applicants have updated their status to accepted...

I remember receiving an invite pretty quick...probably within a week of submitting...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RG0105 wrote:
ewmba2012C wrote:

I remember receiving an invite pretty quick...probably within a week of submitting...

Folks - I've not heard any AdCom decisions either for round 1 (due 11/15/11), 2 (due 1/18/12) or 3 (due 3/15/12).

For me, I applied in R2 exactly on 1/18, received an interview invite on 2/22 and then interviewed with Courtney Chandler on 3/6.

Has *anyone* received an admit for the Haas EWMBA program? I'm interested in understanding what the stats are so far......fingers crossed :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
khusan wrote:

Folks - I've not heard any AdCom decisions either for round 1 (due 11/15/11), 2 (due 1/18/12) or 3 (due 3/15/12).

For me, I applied in R2 exactly on 1/18, received an interview invite on 2/22 and then interviewed with Courtney Chandler on 3/6.

Has *anyone* received an admit for the Haas EWMBA program? I'm interested in understanding what the stats are so far......fingers crossed :)

Wait-listed here. I think there have been 4 WL and 4 admits in R1. Look through the history of this thread, not much info regarding stats of admitted candidates available though
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
khusan wrote:

Wait-listed here. I think there have been 4 WL and 4 admits in R1. Look through the history of this thread, not much info regarding stats of admitted candidates available though

Yeah, can't find much info on the thread here....we need to make this thread more active. So, would be great if everyone could put in their updates as and when they receive them. bschoolapp8, if you don't mind sharing, what is your app profile.....i.e. years of exp., gmat score, gpa, recos - neutral/good/great, bachelors/masters, etc, etc. WL is not bad......Haas is very competitive and very selective. Any backup schools?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I believe the notification date is 03/29 for round 2. I wouldnt worry too much until then. I interviewed around the same time that you did.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Was admitted in r1, but turned down the offer.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 03-27-2012
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Thanks all. So it sounds like notifications do not happen until the decision date. Seems like there have not been any cases where it has been sooner. And I should likely not expect an invite for an interview until almost 4 weeks after my application submission date. Though, one individual did report that they were called for an interview after submitting in Round 1, a week after submission.

I agree, if those admitted can update their profile status on here, the stats values will be more accurate!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
wow! I am happy about all this activity on this thread and to find more people in similar situation.
I submitted my application last week . I think we third round applicants are in for a long wait.

Originally posted by desiaggie1980 on 13 Mar 2012, 14:16.
Last edited by desiaggie1980 on 13 Mar 2012, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@tigerman : Moot point, but any reason why you turned down EWMBA? Decided to go full-time or pass on for a better part-time program?

I don't think we should expect to hear from haas until the decision day. That is how it was for R1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
As a heads up to everyone interested in the part time MBA program:

UCLA FEMBA just added a 4th round as well as a new "flex" program. From what I've heard and seen, this new program meets in LA 4 weekends a quarter, and has an online portion the rest of the time. Seemed really interesting for someone that was considering the program, but didn't want to commute every weekend. Also, if Hass doesn't work out for you, then UCLA has another round and a new program to consider.

See more about it here: https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/documents/ ... ochure.pdf

and here:
https://mediasite1.anderson.ucla.edu/And ... 134ee1d71d
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts