Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:16 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
rajatar wrote:
KIRANR9P wrote:
Finally got a call today. I plan to attend on 30th March.

Congratz Man! I guess you are the first Indian to report a call on this forum. (I presume you are an Indian :)).

What time did you get the call? And was it a phone call or email?

I got a phone call from a member of the adcom. I am based on US west coast ( SFO), and got a call an hour back ( around 8.30 AM). My profile: Indian, IT-Telecom, Business development/Project Management, 9 Years WE, good international experience, 710 GMAT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi there,

actually, we had 1 indian already during our assessment day. To give you an idea on the rest, we were a Bulgarian girl based in Holland, a Spanish (work experience in France and Germany), an Italian, a Portuguese (working in Switzerland), an Indian (sailor in the past, working in India at present), a Korean Russian (based in the UK, work experience in the US and UK) a Lebanese Senegalese working in Congo (work experience in the UK, Senegal and Congo).

The assessment day was a full-blown assessment with a 1 hour interview, a case study discussion and individual impromptu presentation and lunch with alums. Current students could not join as they were busy completing an assignment, many working trough the night to present it to a jury panel.

IMD has promised to get back to us with the results on March 21st.

For those who haven't been to Lausanne, if you stay in a hotel you are given a free transport card for all public transport. The easiest way to get to IMD is to take the metro which terminates at Ouchy. From there, walk to your right and IMD's campus is within 5 minutes walk, not far from the Mauvenpick and Aulac hotels. The metro station is right across from the train station, look for a blue "M" sign.

Good luck to all applicants with the interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, International Business
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Good luck to all the candidates who were interviewed. It seems being Indian does not help when you apply to IMD :-)

Still no call.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
suraabhi wrote:
Good luck to all the candidates who were interviewed. It seems being Indian does not help when you apply to IMD :-)

Still no call.

May be i should leave everything and stay at a foreign location for a few months, to have "INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE". :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: IMD '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
I've just confirmed the date of assessment day as 3 April 2012. :-D Plan on arriving to Lausanne 2nd of April around noon, would be perfect to meet with fellow applicants before the assessment day. :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Vd9,
Congratulations! do you mind sharing your profile? Thanks.

vd9 wrote:
I've just confirmed the date of assessment day as 3 April 2012. :-D Plan on arriving to Lausanne 2nd of April around noon, would be perfect to meet with fellow applicants before the assessment day. :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
by the way has anyone got a DING yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you, IMD2013applicant! :) Profile - approaching 29, M, Ukraine, 7yrs WE finance function in PwC, then holding companies, currently media, 710 GMAT

IMD2013applicant wrote:
Hi Vd9,
Congratulations! do you mind sharing your profile? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vd9 wrote:

Congrats vd9 !!

When did you get the invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you, rajatar! :) I got phone call yesterday at 15.00 local time (GMT +2).

rajatar wrote:
vd9 wrote:

Congrats vd9 !!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
vd9 wrote:
Thank you, rajatar! :) I got phone call yesterday at 15.00 local time (GMT +2).

rajatar wrote:
vd9 wrote:

Congrats vd9 !!

I thought it's the end of journey for me, but the fact that you and another member have been invited yesterday, my hope has been re-kindled.. Since technically 6 weeks from the 1st Feb deadline are over, I believe the final wave of invites as well as dings is expected soon. Keeping my fingers crossed :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Glad that information from me gave you additional hope. :) In fact I think you still have your chance as the adcom members are likely to process the applications continuously, hence if they not gave you any feedback yet, it only means that the review of your application is not finalized at the moment. Sure, it is more uncertain and thus worse than positive news, but it is much better than certainly negative result. :wink: I believe they'll contact you in the nearest future, so keep fingers crossed and you'll get that so awaited call. :-D

rajatar wrote:
I thought it's the end of journey for me, but the fact that you and another member have been invited yesterday, my hope has been re-kindled.. Since technically 6 weeks from the 1st Feb deadline are over, I believe the final wave of invites as well as dings is expected soon. Keeping my fingers crossed :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
technically you have a few more hours left. The 6 week period is not over yet. IMD's adcom said, in their official thread here, that if you haven't heard from them, that means you profile is still being evaluated.

"It ain't over until its over". :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
does anyone know whether there is any co-relation between application date and interview call date? I mean, if you submit application earlier and if your profile is good, will you receive interview call earlier?????
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Makstory7 wrote:
does anyone know whether there is any co-relation between application date and interview call date? I mean, if you submit application earlier and if your profile is good, will you receive interview call earlier?????

I guess they are trying to group candidates from different backgroup/nationalities on a same day evaluation so at to get the orginal IMD experience as close as possible. And they are sending the application based on how long it may take us to process the Swiss Visa. And it could be also based on when you submitted; and if we submit early, they could have read your files early.

These are just my guesses.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KIRANR9P wrote:
Makstory7 wrote:

I guess they are trying to group candidates from different backgroup/nationalities on a same day evaluation so at to get the orginal IMD experience as close as possible. And they are sending the application based on how long it may take us to process the Swiss Visa. And it could be also based on when you submitted; and if we submit early, they could have read your files early.

These are just my guesses.

I completely agree with you guesses atleast after looking at the feedback from librall.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, I think I am the first one on this forum to report negative reply on the application to IMD.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts