Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
nitin123 wrote:
khusan : I did receive a mail with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas."

Any idea if this will be a replacement for other Statistics course that Haas has specified or it will be an extra course.

Can anyone from R1 confirm that they also received such mail.

This seems to be a pre-req course prior to starting the program. There is a quant pre-req too, but I think that is waived if you have a GMAT Quant raw score of 48 or above.

So, assuming you've not received admission to EWMBA yet? So then it appears that this email with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas" has been sent to everyone who has applied. I was trying to see if this email was only sent to selected admitted candidates or to all applicants irrespective of their admission status.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
khusan wrote:
nitin123 wrote:
khusan : I did receive a mail with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas."

Any idea if this will be a replacement for other Statistics course that Haas has specified or it will be an extra course.

This seems to be a pre-req course prior to starting the program. There is a quant pre-req too, but I think that is waived if you have a GMAT Quant raw score of 48 or above.

So, assuming you've not received admission to EWMBA yet? So then it appears that this email with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas" has been sent to everyone who has applied. I was trying to see if this email was only sent to selected admitted candidates or to all applicants irrespective of their admission status.

Guys, I didn't receive such an email from Haas and I have been WLed in R1.. I wonder what that is supposed to mean :(
Did you guys receive the email over the last few days this week? Have you guys completed the pre-reqs?

By the way, I am an out of bay area applicant who hasn't completed the pre-req. I wonder if anyone from outside bay-area got such an email from EWMBA?

Originally posted by bschoolapp8 on 16 Mar 2012, 11:44.
Last edited by bschoolapp8 on 16 Mar 2012, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
khusan wrote:
nitin123 wrote:

I didnt receive it since i have completed the pre-req
But i do remember receiveing it last year .. you can either complete the pre-req at any of the institutes listed by Haas and submit the transcript .. or you can complete it at Haas itself .. as far as i remeber, the one that Haas offered was a 1 week intensive course.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
khusan wrote:
nitin123 wrote:

Guys, I didn't receive such an email from Haas and I have been WLed in R1.. I wonder what that is supposed to mean :(
Did you guys receive the email over the last few days this week? Have you guys completed the pre-reqs?

By the way, I am an out of bay area applicant who hasn't completed the pre-req. I wonder if anyone from outside bay-area got such an email from EWMBA?

I'm in the bay area and I have not completed the stats pre-req. I was surprised receiving this email and didn't know if this is sent to everyone who hasn't taken the pre-req is it only to selected wait-listed and/or admitted candidates. BTW, I have also not received any admissions notification from Haas EWMBA team.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
findprithvi wrote:
khusan wrote:
nitin123 wrote:

But i do remember receiveing it last year .. you can either complete the pre-req at any of the institutes listed by Haas and submit the transcript .. or you can complete it at Haas itself .. as far as i remeber, the one that Haas offered was a 1 week intensive course.

@findprithvi: when you received this Stats pre-req email last year, had you already received your admissions notification? Are you re-applying this year after being dinged last year?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
khusan wrote:
findprithvi wrote:
khusan wrote:

@findprithvi: when you received this Stats pre-req email last year, had you already received your admissions notification? Are you re-applying this year after being dinged last year?

yup .. i had received it around a month before the decision date
i am reapplying after being dinged last year
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all -

Been lurking on this forum for the past few weeks - thought I'd add in my stats/story and hopefully all of us here can celebrate in 13 days!

About me - I am a 27 year old male living and working in SF. My background began in online ad sales at a large company, which I left 3 years ago to join a startup in the mobile platforms/advertising space. That startup was acquired a year after I joined by that same large company I used to work for, and now I'm back. For three years I've been knee-deep in the mobile industry - watching the rise and proliferation of iPhones, then Androids, now tablets. It's a phenomenal industry and I really feel like I'm on the forefront of this technology. Currently, my job is in sales - as a pure seller (known as an account executive in the industry).

Graduated from a UC school back in '06 with a (worthless) degree in Political Science. Had a 3.5 GPA, and am the only one I've seen on this forum so far who is submitting a GRE score. I took the GMAT four years ago and didn't do too well, so last year I switched gears and took the GRE.

Score is 162V and 164Q, which translates to a 710 on the GMAT (with a range of 640-770, which seems odd). Submitted two great letters of rec, one of which was from the founder of my startup that had been acquired.

I submitted on 1/18, received an email for an interview on 1/25, and had the interview on 2/15. Received an email about the stats pre-req yesterday, and I logged in and noticed that both pre-reqs are incomplete (which I expected).

I also applied to Stanford GSB with my GRE score (had an interview there 2 weeks ago), but my first choice has become the EWMBA program at Haas as I'd love to stay employed and work on a few startup ideas some of us have been throwing around.

During the interview, the interviewer mentioned that the top two industries applicants come from are engineering and finance, so I'm hoping a background in digital media/mobile/sales helps out. Fingers crossed and hoping to hear good news on March 28 (by phone!)

Good luck to all...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aksd84 wrote:
Hi all -

Been lurking on this forum for the past few weeks - thought I'd add in my stats/story and hopefully all of us here can celebrate in 13 days!

About me - I am a 27 year old male living and working in SF. My background began in online ad sales at a large company, which I left 3 years ago to join a startup in the mobile platforms/advertising space. That startup was acquired a year after I joined by that same large company I used to work for, and now I'm back. For three years I've been knee-deep in the mobile industry - watching the rise and proliferation of iPhones, then Androids, now tablets. It's a phenomenal industry and I really feel like I'm on the forefront of this technology. Currently, my job is in sales - as a pure seller (known as an account executive in the industry).

Graduated from a UC school back in '06 with a (worthless) degree in Political Science. Had a 3.5 GPA, and am the only one I've seen on this forum so far who is submitting a GRE score. I took the GMAT four years ago and didn't do too well, so last year I switched gears and took the GRE.

Score is 162V and 164Q, which translates to a 710 on the GMAT (with a range of 640-770, which seems odd). Submitted two great letters of rec, one of which was from the founder of my startup that had been acquired.

I submitted on 1/18, received an email for an interview on 1/25, and had the interview on 2/15. Received an email about the stats pre-req yesterday, and I logged in and noticed that both pre-reqs are incomplete (which I expected).

I also applied to Stanford GSB with my GRE score (had an interview there 2 weeks ago), but my first choice has become the EWMBA program at Haas as I'd love to stay employed and work on a few startup ideas some of us have been throwing around.

During the interview, the interviewer mentioned that the top two industries applicants come from are engineering and finance, so I'm hoping a background in digital media/mobile/sales helps out. Fingers crossed and hoping to hear good news on March 28 (by phone!)

Good luck to all...

congratulations that is a terrific profile out there. unfortunately, engineers form a big chunk of the applicants. With your unique background and experiences across domains coupled with an interview invite from GSB suggests you've a great chance of getting into the EWMBA.. I would pick GSB over EWMBA :)

Any out of bay area applicants received an email from EWMBA about stats waiver exam?
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 03-27-2012
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
I submitted my application on 3/12 for R3 and my status currently Received. I did not receive the email about the Statistics course. However, I can say, from what I am aware, as last year they will be offering a 6 Saturday intensive Statistics Course for ADMITTED students this summer, that will cover the Prerequisite. They instituted this so that it would not make it so difficult for applicants/admits to fulfill the Stats pre-req in such a short time after being notified of admission.

Any later R3 applicants hearing about interviews yet? Or status changes?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
aksd84 wrote:
Hi all -

Good luck to all...

congratulations that is a terrific profile out there. unfortunately, engineers form a big chunk of the applicants. With your unique background and experiences across domains coupled with an interview invite from GSB suggests you've a great chance of getting into the EWMBA.. I would pick GSB over EWMBA :)

Any out of bay area applicants received an email from EWMBA about stats waiver exam?

Thanks for the nice words. I've been working very hard to curtail potential disappointment and am planning as though I won't be admitted to either school. Like I'm sure most others here have done already, I've madly researched interview statistics, percentages of admits, percentages of interviewees who are admitted, etc etc. The waiting period can become a mind f--k if you let it, and for a while I wouldn't allow myself to even visit this site.

GSB is fantastic and I'd be so lucky to get in, but the idea of being out of market for two years and incurring $220K in debt doesn't appeal to me the same way it did when I applied in December. The industry I work in is very exciting, and my dream scenario would involve taking classes part-time at Haas while working at a startup. Who knows...one can dream.

The funny / terrible thing is that both EWMBA and Stanford GSB decisions are released the same day, 3/29. Both schools call admitted applicants the day before. Needless to say, I'll be glueing my phone to my hand that day...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
My status has not changed from 'received' since last thursday. I submitted in third round, I guess we need to wait.

Originally posted by desiaggie1980 on 16 Mar 2012, 16:38.
Last edited by desiaggie1980 on 19 Mar 2012, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
RG0105 wrote:
Just checked my app status online and saw that I met the College-level Mathematics prerequisite...but not stats...guess I'll have to take the waiver exam...

Just wondering if above status was updated in your application after your interview or before that. I was interviewed in first week of March, but currently I don't see any updates in 'Prerequisite Courses' section of my application.
Any idea if this evaluation is done only for selected or wait listed candidates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
At the bottom of my online application in the prereqs section it shows the following:

Prerequisite Courses:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
Statistics: Incomplete
(if blank, then not yet reviewed.)

Does that mean that I meet the math requirement (I'm guessing the quant part of the GMAT)? Also, is that a good sign that you have shown quantitative proficiency in your application?

Just wondering if above status was updated in your application after your interview or before that. I was interviewed in first week of March, but currently I don't see any updates in 'Prerequisite Courses' section of my application.
Any idea if this evaluation is done only for selected or wait listed candidates?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Do both of the prereqs state "Incomplete?" If so, I would guess that you probably didn't meet the requirements. I think you need either a 48+ on quant, or have a high level of quant classes that were recently taken, or have a significant amount of math at work (think quant analyst or something like that). Unless you took a stats class in the last 5 years and did well (I believe "B" or better), or have a high level of stats in your job, then you wont meet the stats prereq. I think a lot of people meet the quant prereq but very few meet the stats prereq.

mbaprepbayarea wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:
At the bottom of my online application in the prereqs section it shows the following:

Prerequisite Courses:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
Statistics: Incomplete
(if blank, then not yet reviewed.)

Does that mean that I meet the math requirement (I'm guessing the quant part of the GMAT)? Also, is that a good sign that you have shown quantitative proficiency in your application?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is the general flow of application status?

What happens after Received status?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ewmba2012C wrote:
What is the general flow of application status?

What happens after Received status?

After received status, you should get invited to an interview. The EWMBA interviews are conducted without adcom looking up your essays so one can expect an interview invite within 2 weeks of applying. EWMBA doesnt notify the applicants until the decision date.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the quick response! I have not yet taken my GMAT/GRE, but am scheduled to do so on 3/27. (they allowed R3 applicants to take tests until 4/1). I imagine because of this my application is not considered "Actionable" yet for interview until I take the test and they receive scores.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts