Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Ricardo,

Good luck with your application! Can you please clarify your question? I believe the 4th round works exactly the same as all other rounds. The only difference is that they only have a limited number of spots left.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry for my non specific question. I just wanted to confirm there are actually a few spaces left open for round 4 and that they have not been given all away and that the 4th round is to find students if acceptances go someplace else.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Ricardo wrote:
Sorry for my non specific question. I just wanted to confirm there are actually a few spaces left open for round 4 and that they have not been given all away and that the 4th round is to find students if acceptances go someplace else.

I believe that every school will have places left in the 4th round, although in much smaller numbers because a large portion of the class will be filled already. Not too sure about your profile, but if you are an outstanding candidate and the school thinks you are worth it, they may still make the offer. In any case, the class sizes differ from year to year although they maintain some sort of a consistent figure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi All- i have officially withdrawn my application from Emory today- good luck to all on wait-list.
Intern
Intern
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Nini,

Thanks for letting us know. Which school did you end up selecting and why?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Emory 2012
 Q50  V47
GPA: 2.5 Applied Math Major
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Send PM
karansingh22 wrote:
Got an offer from Emory too with some $$--I am not from Singapore :(
But I am an Indian guy working in Shanghai for the past two years --close enough :)

Guys- Any idea if there is any presence of Emory in this region? I mean in Singapore, HK etc.
I would ideally like to settle in Asia but I am open to working in the US for a few years immediately after my MBA.

Also, with this American economy--what are the chances of getting an H1b through an I-bank post an Emory MBA? I heard the banks just don't want to hire the international stufents post MBA because of the extensive paper work involved.
Any insights please?

Hi Karan,

Current Emory '12 here. I can't give you a probability of getting a visa though an I-bank post Emory MBA, but I will say that it can be done. The class of '12 placed very well at Ibanks and we do have some international students starting investment banking careers in the USA post graduation. It's not easy, but if you put in the work and you network well, you can make it happen.

Congrats on your admit! I do believe that there is a decent Emory presence in Singapore and HK. Linkedin would be a good resource to use (i.e. if you type in Emory for college and Singapore for current location, you find there are dozens of people there).

Feel free to message me with any questions.

And congratulations to all of the admitted students so far. Goizueta is a great experience.

-LetsGoMets
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Anyone going to Welcome Weekend interested is sharing and splitting the cost of a hotel room for Friday and Saturday night. I haven't booked anything yet, but need to asap. I'll be coming from South Florida.

Steven
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
For all those who attended Welcome Weekend what were your thoughts?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
I turned down my offer today...Hopefully the spot goes to one from our club here..Congrats to people who have decided on Emory and good luck to all still waiting..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Any updates anyone?? been a lot quiet here...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
does anyone have a detailed employment/internship report? i looked on goizueta's website but the one thing i found was kind of vague. specifically, i am interested in MC recruiting numbers. starting to research schools again to reapply in the fall and really like what i have seen so far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
snipes wrote:
does anyone have a detailed employment/internship report? i looked on goizueta's website but the one thing i found was kind of vague. specifically, i am interested in MC recruiting numbers. starting to research schools again to reapply in the fall and really like what i have seen so far.

I actually talked to the "Consulting guy" in the Career Management Center as part of the application process (apparently the Adcom had a "career-related concern about my application"). The numbers aren't amazing. This is from memory, so take it with a grain of salt. He said they don't have as much trouble with career placement as they do internship placement. They place about 33% of the people who want it in consulting internships. A lot end up taking general management, marketing, or whatever internships. Not a lot to the big 3 for internships. I believe he said they had 2 go big 3 last year, one at Bain, one at McKinsey, and 1 go to BCG this year. Big employers for Goizueta are Deloitte, KSA, IBM, and some others (again this is from memory). Most firms recruit on campus, the only firm missing was Booz.

I wasn't crazy excited about the internship prospects. He rated them (with respect to consulting placement) as similar to South Carolina or some other Southern schools. He said Duke sent more, but there "you had more competition." The numbers were better when it came to career placement, but I don't remember anything specific.

If there are some current students around, feel free to correct me. Like I said, this was from memory, and as this meeting was requested by admissions, I was kinda nervous, so I may have some of the details wrong.

By the way, good luck to any other R4 applicants. Should know something soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Still nothing ... nothing showing in opus to do list as well... not good signs..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
adimaniac wrote:
Still nothing ... nothing showing in opus to do list as well... not good signs..

me neither. hoping they just fixed the problem from last time, so everything will show up at once, but who knows...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dinged... i'm definitely a little surprised. maybe just the curse of round 4. i'll have to figure it out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No change in status meaning waitlisted again...
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.01
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Got my acceptance letter by email today!
640 GMAT 3.1 GPA
Marine Corps Officer
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts