Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
tlbkcal wrote:
Congrats all! Scorpionz and waitinggame, what supp. materials did you submit? Did you guys do additional visits? Thanks!

I improved my GMAT score, sent in a work update and video (nothing too fancy though) and got an extra recommendation. Basically, I gave it my all... So happy it paid off. Didn't visit though but now I definitely will.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Woohoo - Got the call at 2:10pm. I'm in. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
^^ Congratulations!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Congrats Pushkin, did you do additional campus visit or have additional rec letters?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
I'm in! Missed the call at 4:02. Just submitted a video, nothing else.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 660 Q35 V46
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
So I missed the call late this afternoon - they didn't give any information, just asked me to call back. I called back and left a message but haven't heard anything, and I assume they are done for the day. Is it safe to assume that I am in??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 540 Q38 V27
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Off the waitlist!!! Just got the call (5:11 CST). I feel very blessed (and relieved).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 660 Q35 V46
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
NerdBasher wrote:
So I missed the call late this afternoon - they didn't give any information, just asked me to call back. I called back and left a message but haven't heard anything, and I assume they are done for the day. Is it safe to assume that I am in??

OK just got through to admissions, I'm in!!! For those who are wondering, I did NOT do the video. Wrote a multi-page update package and got an additional letter of rec from a current booth student who I worked with on a M&A transaction
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
Congrats Pushkin, did you do additional campus visit or have additional rec letters?
I did both and the video. I actually shot stills on campus and included them in my video.

For those keeping track, I'm in New England. I have not yet received the admitted student info. Slightly worried, but I'm guessing they must not be finished with their calls. Safe assumption?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 540 Q38 V27
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Pushkin! wrote:
tlbkcal wrote:
I did both and the video. I actually shot stills on campus and included them in my video.

For those keeping track, I'm in New England. I have not yet received the admitted student info. Slightly worried, but I'm guessing they must not be finished with their calls. Safe assumption?

Very safe. I was told that we wouldn't be receiving the admitted student information until tomorrow afternoon. So, no worries.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
lemonems wrote:
I'm in! Missed the call at 4:02. Just submitted a video, nothing else.

Congratulations!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Pushkin! wrote:
tlbkcal wrote:

the guy told me we wouldnt get our admit info until the official decisions are released.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bcdilley wrote:
Pushkin! wrote:
tlbkcal wrote:

Very safe. I was told that we wouldn't be receiving the admitted student information until tomorrow afternoon. So, no worries.

Whew. The adcom guy said "tonight" so I've been on pins and needles, esp after someone posted in the all applicants thread that there's a google and facebook group that you can only access after signing into the admitted students site. In hindsight, this must have been someone admitted in R1.

For the first time in AGES I feel like I can breathe.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats to all those who made it off the waitlist!

Feel like I'm the only one on this forum who didn't get the call yesterday :(... I'm just completely exhausted, I gave the application everything I had, then sent in 2 letter updates, the video (which 2 Booth alumni, including my interviewer thought would seal the deal), and also got a letter of support from my interviewer (i didn't ask, he volunteered!). I know that at this level (and my demographic - Indian Male), it's probably minutae that differentiate successful candidates from others, but it still stings bad!!
Even after all that I put in, am I not good enough for Booth? I must be, 'coz I'm on the waitlist. Then what more do I need to bring? I know its too early to tell (don't even know if I'm wait listed again yet) but this whole process has just left me so completely drained - and now I'm in that Twilight Zone where I'm seriously doubting my own abilities.

Sorry for the rant folks, but needed to get it off my chest somehow. I've just been completely distracted all this week, and not getting a call doesn't really help the cause. Not that getting the call would have made much difference (would have been more distracted!) but you know what I mean.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBAWanderlust wrote:
Congrats to all those who made it off the waitlist!

Feel like I'm the only one on this forum who didn't get the call yesterday :(... I'm just completely exhausted, I gave the application everything I had, then sent in 2 letter updates, the video (which 2 Booth alumni, including my interviewer thought would seal the deal), and also got a letter of support from my interviewer (i didn't ask, he volunteered!). I know that at this level (and my demographic - Indian Male), it's probably minutae that differentiate successful candidates from others, but it still stings bad!!
Even after all that I put in, am I not good enough for Booth? I must be, 'coz I'm on the waitlist. Then what more do I need to bring? I know its too early to tell (don't even know if I'm wait listed again yet) but this whole process has just left me so completely drained - and now I'm in that Twilight Zone where I'm seriously doubting my own abilities.

Sorry for the rant folks, but needed to get it off my chest somehow. I've just been completely distracted all this week, and not getting a call doesn't really help the cause. Not that getting the call would have made much difference (would have been more distracted!) but you know what I mean.

----------------------------
Hey, cheer up. It sounds like you definitely put in a lot of work on your app + additional materials more so than some others who got off the waitlist. MBA admission process is a crap shoot so don't take it personally. I am on the same boat (Booth R1 waitlist) and I didn't receive a call yesterday. Wherever you go, it's what you make out of it more so than where you go. You, me and everyone knows that even H/S stamped MBA doesn't promise success down the road. It must be tough but brush it off and move on. Tomorrow is another day and try to make the best out of what you have. Let's face it. I am sure you know many qualified dinged candidates with better work exp, gpa, gmat, and etc. than an avg. Booth admits. Things happen. Don't take it personally. When it comes down to picking ppl from a very talented pool, schools have all the luxury to pick and choose to make the class as diverse as possible. That surely doesn't mean you are less qualified than others who got in... it's just that the mix didn't go in your favor - that's all. Keep charging!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Ding. What a joke. Visited, made a video, update letter including awards at work, bonus, raise, taking business math course, passed industry exam, etc. Don't know how everyone else made it off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44

WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Still on the WL. Time to make some plans ... don't know what though!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22