Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: How to reach 600-700 [#permalink]
thank you very much guys, now ill pick my pen for this additional 150 boost prep.

really appreciate your heads up. thanks

Will ke you posted with my progress to value your opinion and collect more advice.

By the way is it just me or is it for everyone that reading comprehension is tricky to.

Some of my findings:

1. The reading part looks juggling, I tried normalising it and reached a tiny wee bit of comfort zone.
2. Main difficulty is the Comprehending the entire passage: I tried de fragmenting it iby numbering the passages and making a relational flow chart.
3. Am also sometimes stuck with relational proofing, e.g, a solution in one paragraph and its proofing in another.
4. how to resolve relational judgement like: if x than y sort of questions.

I know am kind of personalising my questions but if you experts can throw light on your experience that might save me some time.

thanks everyone
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28571 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Expert Reply
samgmat85 wrote:
I started my preparation 2 months back after getting a 450 in my first practice test. Covered all the basics and that gave my test 2 days back. Just Crossed the 600, mathematics was 81% however the english score was poor. Please suggest me how to reach the 600 to 750 mark. My actual GMAT test is June 2nd. need vigourous practice and some serious improving techniques.

Hi, there. I'll offer my 2 cents here.

In a blog, I wrote this three month study plan:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/3-month-gm ... l-focused/
That version focuses on folks who are doing OK in math and really need help on the verbal side. You will see links to other versions of the plan in the side bar.

I will strongly suggest that you take a look at Magoosh. We have 200+ lessons videos, teaching you all the content and strategy you will need. We also have 800+ practice questions, each with its own video solution. We will answer any GMAT question from any test prep source, so it's like buying online support for all your other materials. Of high quality GMAT test prep available on the market, Magoosh is one of the cheapest, and today is a particularly opportune time, because (as you will see in the banner at the top of the page), we have a sale ending today. If you take advantage of this, you will give yourself a huge edge in your GMAT preparation.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Mike :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Mike. I have been researching your study plans and they are very good. I will try to see how I can best apply some of the tips to my study plans.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello GMAT Club moderators, thank you very very much for your excel sheet with OG12 problems and their catergorization into difficulty levels.

Finally I could make myself comfortable with the meduim level conmprehension and critical reasoning. Big thing for a Indian Guy like me.

infact i was upto 80% correct.

But one question - how can I develop my timing, I know its sheer labour and consistency in practicing but if you contribute your two cents of experience, I would be priviledged to save some more time. thanks a lot
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

For Timing Strategies and how to practice them, you may want to look at those 2 general threads.
I had similar doubts/ questions and those posts lifted them all!

timing-strategies-on-the-gmat-80176.html

gmat-timer-56014.html

samgmat85 wrote:
Hello GMAT Club moderators, thank you very very much for your excel sheet with OG12 problems and their catergorization into difficulty levels.

Finally I could make myself comfortable with the meduim level conmprehension and critical reasoning. Big thing for a Indian Guy like me.

infact i was upto 80% correct.

But one question - how can I develop my timing, I know its sheer labour and consistency in practicing but if you contribute your two cents of experience, I would be priviledged to save some more time. thanks a lot
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28571 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Expert Reply
dzodzo85 wrote:
Mike. I have been researching your study plans and they are very good. I will try to see how I can best apply some of the tips to my study plans.

Thank you for your kind words. Good luck in your preparation, and let me know if I can support you in any way.
Mike :)
GMAT Club Bot